1988 Formula Value by Fiero Tom
Started on: 06-09-2011 09:06 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: qwikgta on 06-10-2011 11:43 AM
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking about selling my '88 Formula and wonder what a fair selling price would be?

Specs 105K miles, not driven in the winter no rust, 5speed, great interior, some paint fading.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Well here's a good excuse to post a picture of my 88 Formula. It currently has about 103,000 miles on it. Mine is also a 5-speed. It has Mr. Mikes leather seats in it too. The 2.8 and tranny were both rebuilt at 75,000 miles. Has adjustable Koni's all around. Bought it with about 90,000 on it. Paint is faded pretty bad in three spots, plus some pretty nasty spiderwebbing on the nose. Mine came with a bunch of Fiero extras too (2 EXTRA getrags, a sunroof, gas tank, 2 sets of wheels, and other odds and ends). I paid $3900 for it. I didn't even try to talk the seller down though, just took it at that price.

You can see the fading in this shot.

Interior is in pretty nice shape.

Why would you want to sell your car?

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 06-09-2011).]

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
Sell OR trade I have to much city traffic for the shift and would prefer an automatic.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Go to www.fiero.net and you can plug in your specifics to get a good estimate of your car's value. Good luck with your sale!
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
The Formula I had a while back I paid $2,000 for. 151K miles. White. Good body. Typical paint fade. No rust. Good interior other than the driver's seat. All options except power locks and performance sound. Ran good. All original except Rodney Dickman decklid struts and an aftermarket head unit.

I would say a good price for yours, if it's just the car and nothing is included extra, would be $2.5K - $3K. Some pics would help out a lot.
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zefferk:

Go to www.fiero.net and you can plug in your specifics to get a good estimate of your car's value. Good luck with your sale!

I wish that was accurate. It tells me my formula with under 60k miles is worth $5,500. I only paid $2,600 (I think) for the car 3 months ago.

Shameless picture post
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
Some quick photos taken at work today.

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Looks pretty sharp to me...but then again I wouldn't be selling it. I love the 5-speed cars. Everything else I drive is an automatic, so when I get behind the wheel of one of my Fiero's I really enjoy it. Even it it was in city traffic every day (been there done that) I enjoy driving a stick, because you have so much more control over how the car gets driven.

Good Luck!

Robert

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BOBBY D:

I wish that was accurate. It tells me my formula with under 60k miles is worth $5,500. I only paid $2,600 (I think) for the car 3 months ago.

Shameless picture post

$5500 is not far off up here from what I've seen if its reeeeel nice. Of course give or take $1k.
Is it for sure a Formula? Wrong wheels and decklid sticker on the bumper...

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-09-2011).]

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Door decals are in the wrong place too. They are on the forward part of the door as opposed to the rear, where they're supposed to be. Maybe just a repaint?
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
Vin checks out as a formula. PO repained it and put all the decals in the wrong spot. I ordered custom decals from fiero thomas. Just waiting for the car to get back from having its 4.9 installed and then it will be properly decal'd as for the rims. They are wrong of course but I am looking for correct rims or a nice set of 17s. Very clean no rust.
PFF
System Bot
85FieroGreg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85FieroGregSend a Private Message to 85FieroGregDirect Link to This Post
Maybe this will help

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
This makes me feel pretty god about what my car should be worth.. she started out life as a base 88' coupe with t-tops, but in the last year and a half she's received a brand new paint job, custom interior including mr. Mikes seats, a completed 2.0 turbo swap with less than 2k miles on the engine and rebuilt transmission, new brakes (calipers too) all the way around, 5spd swap, and MUCH MUCH more. I had a value in my mind of around $4k, but now I'm thinking its closer to 6k. Aside from the VIn saying its a coupe, there's no difference between my car and any other engine swapped formula. Do you think that should effect the value?

------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

This makes me feel pretty god about what my car should be worth.. she started out life as a base 88' coupe with t-tops, but in the last year and a half she's received a brand new paint job, custom interior including mr. Mikes seats, a completed 2.0 turbo swap with less than 2k miles on the engine and rebuilt transmission, new brakes (calipers too) all the way around, 5spd swap, and MUCH MUCH more. I had a value in my mind of around $4k, but now I'm thinking its closer to 6k. Aside from the VIn saying its a coupe, there's no difference between my car and any other engine swapped formula. Do you think that should effect the value?

Well, for most it would be considered a Formula clone. Is all that makes a Formule different frmo a coupe performance wise the 2.8 as opposed to the 2.5 I don't even know? Plus is this the one with some sparkle in its paint? All this is customization. Also a non stock engine. I dabble in the classic/muscle car stuff, and it is similar in the Fiero stuff. You have your guys who like fast fun cars, and your guys who like original stuff... in betweeners who like stock look with hidden power adders. You would need a buyer who likes what you did to the car. Mostly when I do stuff to a car I don't think about resale, I do it cause I want to do it
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Kind of in the same boat. I have a 88 coupe with T-Tops. I add'ed a 88 GT rear swaybar, Aux guages and put on a rear spoiler. I swapped out the front/rear springs for dropped ones and it was wearing black Beretta GTZ rims (16" all around). VIN was always going to say it was an 88 coupe, but other then the VIN you'd be hard pressed to tell it was not a Formula. After a while i even swapped out the 2.5L for a 3.4 DOHC, and in my opinion at that point it was "better" than a Formula. For a short time I even put on "Formula" stickers but removed them when I got too much smack. (And I agree it was not a Formula, but I was young and stupid).

Anyway, now its wearing a GT clip and has a LS376 in it. I still tell everyone its just a base coupe.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock