Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  One last dyno session before I graduate and have to pay...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

One last dyno session before I graduate and have to pay... by thedrue
Started on: 06-08-2011 02:28 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: La fiera on 06-09-2011 08:29 AM
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Well I graduate in a few days and will no longer have access to toys like this so I figured id get one last little session in. I have made many changes to the car and I learned it is not quite as powerful but runs so well, Im pleased. The big reason Im not putting down as much power is cause I got my boost under control and have it set at only 6 lbs. Before it would creep up to 12 or so and I just do not want to push things that hard on stock internals, 3.4 of course.

Can anyone spot my latest sail window mod? They are officially done.

can you say epic wheel spin?

I will link the videos as soon as they get uploaded to youtube!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
So what kind of numbers did it make?
thedrue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Here are the vids, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YgcjGumG6c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILkSRRWEXsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BE8fOhY2kk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDi8dhD_Qno

I only managed 180hp at the wheels and 220 ft lbs
Not too bad on 6 lbs.

The last 0-60 run was 5.54. I think thats very respectable, right there with the Porsche Boxter. Im very happy with that.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
So is that like a vinyl decal on the sail window? Details please.

Oh, and that wheel picture is awesome! Got a high-res shot of that by chance?
Those sound like great cruising numbers, what's the MPG of the 3.4 on 6 pounds, if you don't mind me asking?
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I get about 24-25 MPG at 73-75 MPH running the A/C on my 3.4 turbo with similar boost. Note that mine is tuned for reliability and not max HP.

Nelson

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

So is that like a vinyl decal on the sail window? Details please.

Oh, and that wheel picture is awesome! Got a high-res shot of that by chance?
Those sound like great cruising numbers, what's the MPG of the 3.4 on 6 pounds, if you don't mind me asking?

michhiker28

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Direct Link to This Post
I like those wheels.....ALOT!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
D, you always post the best pics.

I can't say it enough, but I have driven this car, and it is very well built. Damian doesn't cut corners, and I believe him to be an even bigger Fiero nut than me. He absolutely doesn't BS. Being up there with a Boxster is pretty good company for an econo sports car. I have even been in a ride along at last weeks track day event, and I have to say that it is much scarier in the passenger seat with no wheel or pedals to control.

Tony
thedrue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! Ya the sail windows are Kahines parts with a modern pontiac crest and the flat black part is just a vinyl I cut here at the school. It is awesome to be in both the design and automotive departments. I wanted it to be kind of stealth and outline the crest. I think it turned out great!

Ya Im really happy with the numbers, last year I saw as high as 230 but I was having boost control issues and that was up around 12 lbs. I am keeping the boost low cause I want it reliable. Its still got plenty of pep thats for sure.

As far as fuel economy goes I get 26 or so on the freeway doing 75/80 but in town I get considerably less but most of that has to do with the right foot...

Thanks Tony, its been a blast hanging out and I don't know when Ill be back but I will definitely be rocking Fiero Fests in the years to come, but not this year. Im gettin hitched!

You can thank my friends for the pictures, I rarely take any cause Im too busy drivin' or something I just have awesome friends with skillz.

[This message has been edited by thedrue (edited 06-08-2011).]

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
That's a Mustang dyno. You are probably doing 210-220rwhp on a dynojet. That's more in line I think with your 0-60 #s. Nice car!
JCzzle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCzzleSend a Private Message to JCzzleDirect Link to This Post
makes me want to take some kind of auto shop class so I can volunteer my car for the project.

I've got a 3.2 waiting to be assembled and some turbo piping to play with. hopefully i can get numbers like yours when I'm done.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
Very nice!! I like the sound of it. What rpm where those numbers at? Dyno sheet post?
PFF
System Bot
thedrue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
RPM's were between 1700 and 5500.

I will scan the dyno sheet as soon as I can. I am super happy with my car I just cant wipe the grin off my face.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
Nice! After all that is what having a Fiero is all about, right? Upgrade it to your standards and use it for what it was build for; to drive it and enjoy it! Good Job man!!

Originally posted by thedrue:

RPM's were between 1700 and 5500.

I will scan the dyno sheet as soon as I can. I am super happy with my car I just cant wipe the grin off my face.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock