Why is it... by fyrehazrd
Started on: 06-06-2011 08:57 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: fyrehazrd on 06-14-2011 03:15 PM
fyrehazrd

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Every time i work on my fiero more and more problems come up, ive lost so much track with this car i can't remember what day it is my wallet hurts with the last dollar i send on parts but theres also people on here nice enough to send a part or two my way (James Bond 007 aka James for example) I've got myself in tuch a rut tho it seems the car has a fuel leak caused by a fuel rail which i have on its way to my house but also just 10 mins ago i found out my new brakes i just installed seem useless where this car had set for so long its got to be between the master cylinder or my brake booster, im just hoping i can get this done soon enough to travel to find a new job idk if anyone around this area heard about TouchStone Wireless (600+ people laid off) this including myself and it seems my town is in such poverty i have to travel 1-3 hours out of my way just to get a application out, but now it seems my luck just kept getting worse now my back up car steering color just locked up and b4 that my tran was slipping, now im riding the bus early and walking home late, im just wanting something to go right, the bad thing is it seems i spend more time thinking about this car then my future which is coming soon i have a baby boy on the way in less than a month im just stressing myself out about work a car baby stuff ext.......idk what to do anymore i know this isnt a blog i just needed to write this down...thanks for reading

P.S. sorry if this is to bunched together.

Wes
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakClick Here to Email Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Well... even the youngest Fiero is nearly 25 years old now. What would you expect? They're not going to be perfect. There's nearly always a problem to fix or something to remedy.

I'll have to say though if this is your only car that's a good way to make an early mistake. I don't think at any point should a Fiero be your only dependent vehicle. You either need another vehicle - or another Fiero...
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
I have a cavalier as well but it just totally messed up for some reason about 3 days ago, my fiero wasnt going to be a everyday driver just a dream i want to get completed.
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTClick Here to Email Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
I know your pain to an extent. you fix one thing and BAM another 100 dollar part breaks and then another etc etc. my wallet is hurting too. and i do know the pain of having not enough money. Firefox has been kind enough to help me make things lest costly by pointing me in the right direction. Thankfully we have an amazing group of guys on this forum who are almost always willing to lend a helping hand. Good luck on your job search.
EDIT: didnt see your having a baby good luck with your baby to hope everything works out well for you! things usually do!
Thanks to all on this forum
Josh

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats soon

[This message has been edited by Celthora87GT (edited 06-06-2011).]

fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Yea this community is amazing ive never met such a great group of people in my life, the info and all the parts that people are nice enough to let go of for this community shows that everyone on here has great things coming there way so everyone should have good luck 10 fold lol.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Click Here to Email fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Are there any parts you still need? I have a garage full of parts and I have to make a trip to the post office this week for JonnyRottin anyways. Pm me if I can help
Y_B_A_FOOL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Y_B_A_FOOLSend a Private Message to Y_B_A_FOOLDirect Link to This Post
I hate that the SAME parts always break on mine. So, I started to get every part from AutoZone. I avoid eBay parts cause they will beak and you'll have to buy it again. I just replaced motor mounts after like year of every day, hard, city driving to school and back (long drive btw). But AutoZone had my back and replaced them, because just about everything has a life time warranty

Hope everything gets better though. Its ruff out there :/
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Hey man....sorry to hear of your woes!! Been there and done that... It is a shame you are so far away I would be willing to help you out. I am not really in a position to be driving a long ways but if there is anything you need welded or tinkered on I would help you if I can. My car needs an alignment and I don't really have funds for it right now either.... I am gonna try to do it myself somehow I think. My daughter has a 2000 Nissan frontier that is not running good and she brought it over for me to fix it. I have never worked on one but Dad has gotta come thru here... I am trying to finish my LAST woodworking job and get it out the door this week and then I am going to be doing strictly metaworking stuff from now on. So if anyone needs things Tig welded I am able to do that here. I am also about to purchase my first full blown machining center now that I just sold off all of my woodworking machinery. Should be able to get one here just as soon as I find a good deal on a nice machine. Got a couple machinery dealers looking for me right now. Once I get that here and installed I am gonna be looking for work for it right away.

anyways, I dunno how drive-able your car is right now but if you can get it down this way I would be willing to try to help you with it and I have a lot of tools here to work on it.... Just throwing that out there... Good luck with it otherwise. Peace

Pete

fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone for all your nice comments and fiero i sent you a pm when u get a chance, also pete the fiero where its been setting for so long theres 1 or 2 problems its a brake master cylinder or a brake booster or both so its not drivable at the moment and the cavalier isnt moving lol ill have to get it towed, but i appriciate the offer very much and the thought of it.

Wes
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
You mentioned you replaced the pads, are you sure you just did not get a bubble in the lines or blew out a cylinder? It is pretty easy to do that sometimes. Bleeding it out can be a pain. I usually get my wife to stomp the pedal for me while I go around and crack the bleeders.... sometimes it takes quite a few tries to get it solid again. Are you sure it is the master cylinder ? I only have the one fiero and the only spare parts I have here are interior bits otherwise I would offer you some. Lemme know if I can help you somehow... peace

Pete
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
ya ive done everything today trying to work around the problem its just the guy who had it b4 me had the breaks unhooked for such a long time im not sure what to do now but other that that it started today and ive got a fuel rail on the way to stop the leakage and then the brakes have been bleed and ive worked on them pumping and everything just doesnt seem it wants to stick it just hits the floor every time. so i mean these items should fix the problem. then maybe i can finally enjoy owning the best car ever :]
Wes
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Make sure the brake pedal is still hooked up to the booster rod and that it sounds like it is not bent or broken and it is pushing down there.... Also I used to have a friend that would bleed his brakes like this... He would basically open up all the bleeder screws, have someone stand there at the reservoir and keep it from getting too low while they drained out which is also a good idea so you get fresh fluid in the system. Then when they are getting clear and solid flow start locking down each bleeder screw from closest to farthest from the master... I never tried it but it sounds like it would work. He did it on my Old Suzuki Samurai rock rig when i had trouble getting a solid pedal on it. Seemed to fix the problem.... Incidentally I think I just bought another Samurai today!! Gonna get it here sometime this week. Looking forward to having a fun four by four crawler soon... peace

Pete
Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethClick Here to Email NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty close to you. I have a couple of parts cars and alot of parts. If you need brake stuff or whatever let me know and we can figure out how to get you up and running reliably soon. I have 3 DD fieros at the moment, they can be a very dependable vehicle.
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Sounds great we will have to see if we get something planned if you dont mind pm me your email or cell number if you dont mind.

Thanks, Wes
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post
Why is it my project Fiero can sit for months untouched and no problems, but as soon as I work on it someone contacts the city complaining I have a "junked" vehicle on my property?
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Wes,
Are you tied to your location or can you move?
The economy pretty much sucks right now and its tuff all over
I wish you and your family better times
Also get enrolled in the WIC program for the baby
Xyster,

Originally posted by Xyster:

Why is it my project Fiero can sit for months untouched and no problems, but as soon as I work on it someone contacts the city complaining I have a "junked" vehicle on my property?

I know your pain

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 06-07-2011).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I know exactly how you feel... my car keeps crapping out on the small stuff. I have 3 bolts that have rusted solid (in the cabin) and I can't drive it until I can bolt a seat belt buckle back in. I just bought a buckle and it won't latch to my existing seatbelt.
87_special

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles man.

You could always do like so many others have done. "When times get tough, join the Military." I leave for Navy bootcamp in 6 days.

JoeCooley

------------------
1987 SE / Fastback - 3500 Turdbowd / Alcoholic / '92 5-speed swap

No bandwagon here...

scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Click Here to Email scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
replace everything and it will be ok. thats what I'm doing. on alot of old cars you "have to"
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
It builds character! I know thats not helpful, I was just feeling motherly... Good luck man!
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thedrue:

It builds character! I know thats not helpful, I was just feeling motherly... Good luck man!

I'd rather get kicked in the balls...... nothing worse than your main car crapping out on ya...hope he can get it fixed soon. Peace

Pete

PFF
System Bot
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
thanks everyone for your comments still trying to figure out my problems and also im pretty much tied down to my location me and my fiance are on our last 700 dollars for gas, her mass amount of food lol and rent so im not quite sure how this month is going to work out to well im hoping out of all the applications ive put in someone will respond to me soon, its starting to get scary at this point, its my first son and i want to be able to do all i can for him but at this rate im hoping i can take care of myself and the old lady....
Nazareth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethClick Here to Email NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post
For the mosy part I'm gonna bet I'll have what you need to get your Fiero back on the road. If we're missing anything perhaps the forum will again come through with advice and maybe parts as well. Head up and eyes front, it's all uphill from here. Sunday we'll start getting parts to you. Get me a list of needs and we'll see what we can do.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageClick Here to Email AustralianSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Same problem only have 25k on clock and same would happen with every car that is 25 years old i put about over 10k into a 25 year old bmw over 2 years getting it right. I have spent a lot more than that on my fiero but a third to a half of it is postage.
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a plan naz just give me a time to come rather it be early or late i can be there, well besides at 3pm i have a baby shower to go to (that got thrown at me this morning that someone was throwing us one) but as it seems right now if u have the brake booster and the brake master cylinder on one of those cars that would be great to obtain from you

Thanks, Wes
Nazareth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethClick Here to Email NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethDirect Link to This Post
Made any progress yet?
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Save a lot of money and energy and just fix stuff when its broke or you know its about ready to break. If you fix everything that may be worn, start at the front bumper and replace everything till you get to the back one. there old cars now.
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
i dropped off the stuff at my friends shop and i havent heard from him in since i picked up that stuff, im going to give him a call today and see if he's worked on the valves any so i can go help him bleed the brakes if he needs help. thanks for showing me a couple things about taking parts off by the way. im just so excitied its almost done im just hoping nothing else pops up that needs to be replaced. ill keep everyone updated and thanks to all the people for the support/donations.
fyrehazrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageClick Here to Email fyrehazrdSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
Bump for Nazareth to see.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock