Used Springs? by Shill
Started on: 06-05-2011 06:04 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: rogergarrison on 06-07-2011 10:37 AM
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
Is there anything I should look out for when buying used springs? or should I just avoid them completely?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I bought my racing springs used. I would say its perfectly fine, just make sure the PO hasn't hacked them up (if they've been cut) or put a torch to them to lower the vehicle cause that will ruin the temper of the metal.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Unless a brand like king spring that offers a life time warranty i wouldn't touch them only reason they aren't used is they have had it.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Only way to replace springs as far as im concerned is in pairs (both fronts or backs) and off of the same vehicle if used. Two different vehicles will wear springs out at different rates depending on age, miles and use. Id prefer new springs...in pairs.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock