My 86 GT by elusivedotone
Started on: 05-20-2011 10:53 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: elusivedotone on 05-21-2011 08:14 PM
elusivedotone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elusivedotoneSend a Private Message to elusivedotoneDirect Link to This Post
So I thought I'd share my 86 GT with everyone as I never posted a pic of it until now. Got it back in February of this year. 92k miles.

Needs a bit of work, coming along slowly but surely.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
That looks familiar, i think it used to be mine, did you get it from a guy named jimmy?
shaggyizzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shaggyizzySend a Private Message to shaggyizzyDirect Link to This Post
Looks nice is it like a midnight blue with champagne/goldish ground effects?
elusivedotone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elusivedotoneSend a Private Message to elusivedotoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ckrummy:

That looks familiar, i think it used to be mine, did you get it from a guy named jimmy?

I actually did =)
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
yep i built that car a couple years ago, the ground effects are actually graphite gray metalic, hows the paint holding up, besides the roof (there was water traped in the fiberglass and it froze and cracked it all up, i know better now), and did he tell you it has a 3.1 in it with a cam, and ported intake. and the rims are actually off an 88
elusivedotone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elusivedotoneSend a Private Message to elusivedotoneDirect Link to This Post
The cars doing pretty good so far. The paint is holding up pretty well, besides like you mentioned around the sunroof, starting to crack and peel. He did say the PO (you) put in a 3.1, he said it was from a camaro, but he wasnt sure. But at least im glad you can clarify its a 3.1. I've just been replacing some parts to new, gotta work on redoing the weatherstrip in the trunk, sunroof, and new dew wipes. Were you the one that put in the aftermarket cd player or the "neon lights" under the rocker panels? Also did you spray over the quarter panel windows/sails? But overall the car is great and fun! Although the passenger side headlight motor just went to crap so its time for a rebuilt.
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
the cd player and lights were him along with the qtr windows. i did the engine and the paint, and i think that's about it, its too bad he painted over the qtr windows, i thaught about tinting them but just never did, bit i'm glad its back in the hands of a person who works on their own car, i feel bad when people pay a mechanic to fix stuff that's easy
elusivedotone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elusivedotoneSend a Private Message to elusivedotoneDirect Link to This Post
haha ok good, cause the cd player hook up was pretty interesting, a mix of open wires, wing nuts, twist/electrical tape, and crimp on connectors. he added blue neon lights under the rockers that turned on when you opened the door. it didnt look terrible but im not a fan of them and as im in my late 20s and live on a university campus, its not worth the hassle of getting pestered by officers around here. the quarter panels actually looked to be in pretty good shape from what I could tell, i want to try to take the paint off but im afraid if theres hairline cracking going on id have to either replace them or repaint over them. although it doesnt look too bad in my opinion it just sucks not being able to see my blind spots.

did you do any brake work on the passenger rear side? i notice when i hit a bump it sounds like somethings loose, and if i tap it with my foot in park i hear the same thing, i have a video of the noise just havnt had time to put it up yet.
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
i don't remember if i did any more than bleed them the rears use a clip and there easy to put on wrong
elusivedotone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elusivedotoneSend a Private Message to elusivedotoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ckrummy:

i don't remember if i did any more than bleed them the rears use a clip and there easy to put on wrong

ill have to check it out when i get some time.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock