removing seat covers by scott0999
Started on: 05-19-2011 02:08 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: scott0999 on 05-20-2011 02:07 PM
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
any special tools needed to remove the seat covers? anyone have a basic how to on removing them? I found a potentially good set and want to avoid tearing them. thats all, thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scott0999:

any special tools needed to remove the seat covers? anyone have a basic how to on removing them? I found a potentially good set and want to avoid tearing them. thats all, thanks

No "special" tools needed except hog ring pliers and some hog rings..., and you can indeed swap just the cloth upholstery if you're careful.
The best instructions I know of is Mr. Mikes video for installing his leather seats, the only difference is that you won't be cutting the old covers off like he shows but you'll be doing everything else virtually the same, including removing and reinstalling those dang "listing rods".....(You'll discover what those are....)
You should also take the opportunity to repair / replace the foam while you have the cloth off.
I would suggest you get in touch with Mr. Mike and see if you can buy just the video, pliers, hog rings, foam and adhesive from him.
Depending on cost it could be well worth it.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
I also recommend Mr Mikes. After cutting all the hog rings, Fiero seats have metal bars that hold the 'tucks' deep down in the creases. I think I remember 2 on each top and each bottom cushion about 4" in from the sides.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Mr Mike's instructions. http://www.mrmikes.com/fieroinstall.htm

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
meh what was I thinking. I just grabbed the whole seat lol

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock