water pump did not solve anything. by Celthora87GT
Started on: 05-16-2011 11:45 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Celthora87GT on 11-06-2011 11:22 PM
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for putting this in General i would have put it in tech but forgot i was in general

well just replaced my water pump on my 87 GT to solve a leak and well IT STILL LEAKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my one and only fear is its the timing chain cover.
Please help
Thanks
Josh
PS it is coming from what looks to be like under the hose on the passenger side right were it goes into the pump. if that helps

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats soon

[This message has been edited by Celthora87GT (edited 05-16-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Check the hose for small pin hole?
dudewithoutfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroDirect Link to This Post
i would check that hose, if you don't know when that hose was replaced last do anyway. mine was leaking there as well, i replaced the hose and no more leaks
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:
well just replaced my water pump on my 87 GT to solve a leak and well IT STILL LEAKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my one and only fear is its the timing chain cover.

PS it is coming from what looks to be like under the hose on the passenger side right were it goes into the pump. if that helps

Josh, I had the same problem last year on my 87 GT. It was the timing cover gasket. I had to pull the engine to finally get it done. Sorry dude.

------------------

bristowb

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bristowbSend a Private Message to bristowbDirect Link to This Post
I did my timing cover gasket a few months ago it was not that hard. Took off the passenger side rear tire and did it all from there.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-17-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
You'll need some special tools to do the timing cover, mainly a harmonic dampener puller and installer. Once you have the pump off it's not much more to get the cover off, some brackets and bolts and don't forget to drain the coolant first. While you're in there you should replace the timing cover crank seal, it's just a few bucks.
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Jazz is right, don't forget that seal while you are in there and check your timing chain also. Otherwise not too bad.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Try tightening the hose clamp.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
Mine leaked after I replaced It, Run it until it leaks, the shut it off, take off the pulley and see If you can see where it leaks. My hose leaked where it screwed in so I put lock tight on it and its still holding. good luck
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Sorry for putting this in General i would have put it in tech but forgot i was in general

Please help
Thanks
Josh

did you figure it out, mines leaking in the same place and i fear the same.

thanks...
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
It ended up being a super small leak in the hose to the heater core hose it had rubbed through on the fuel line bracket. Hope it helps.
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

It ended up being a super small leak in the hose to the heater core hose it had rubbed through on the fuel line bracket. Hope it helps.

unfortunately not, it looks like it the timing chain cover. crap!!!
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
CRAP!!! are you going to drop the engine to replace or are you going to try it with the engine still in?
Let me know how it goes.
Josh
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

CRAP!!! are you going to drop the engine to replace or are you going to try it with the engine still in?
Let me know how it goes.
Josh

I'm not sure what I'm going to do I've nevered drop an engine, might try and rock the cradle to give me more clearance or just have someone do it for me. Maybe it time to start my engine swap.
Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah that's what happenend for me.... My clutched slipped once and I said that's it time for the swap. No reason to spend that much money and time on something your taking out anyway.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock