Started on: 05-12-2011 06:41 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: blakeinspace on 05-13-2011 08:58 AM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
http://www.windingroad.com/...utm_source=email-110

For every amazing deal we spot on eBay Motors, we find maybe a dozen or more horrendous potential bilkings. Especially around times like these, where very high gas prices are throwing many established values out of the door, there are more than a few sellers out there with some awfully wrong-headed ideas.

With that in mind, here’s our list of ten cars that offer basically no value whatsoever at their $10K-ish price points. Argue if you must (and we know you will, especially the Fiero guys), in our comments section below.

1984 Pontiac Fiero, $9999: Yes, this “time capsule” Fiero is nearly pristine, with only 5000 miles on the clock. And, yes we have a small soft spot in our heart for the cheeky Pontiac two-seater. But a slower, less-reliable car might be harder to find for ten large (unless it’s wearing a Bernardi badge).
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I may be way bias but I has to say that at least with 5k miles the Fiero is the best buy there. Next maybe the 1983 International DT466 as you can make money with it.
Isolde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
Where did they get this "unreliable" BS?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
The unreliable kick was pretty out there if you ask me... Something that gets better MPG than the smart car, has more room, and has 120k less miles on it seems like a deal if you ask me.
86FieroSEv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86FieroSEv6Send a Private Message to 86FieroSEv6Direct Link to This Post
Somebody "made" a convertible out a Dakota? Was the author like, 15 years old or something? Obviously they've never heard of the limited production Dakota Sport roadster. News flash, the factory made a convertible out of a Dakota. I'm pretty sure they knew what they were doing.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
It catches on fire?
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
The IROC , properly done, ain't that far off. It is a convertable. Hell, Corvairs have doubled in 3 or 4 years.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weaselbeak:

The IROC , properly done, ain't that far off. It is a convertable. Hell, Corvairs have doubled in 3 or 4 years.

I have to agree on this. I think the convertable first came available in 86 but production numbers on them were low through all the years it was available. I will someday inherit this 89 convetrable, and with the miles it has on it I still wouldn't let it go for less them 10k.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 05-13-2011).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
I don't think that 84 is too far off the mark on price. If it is as nice as it appears. I would love to own it.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I want that dump truck.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86FieroSEv6:

Somebody "made" a convertible out a Dakota? Was the author like, 15 years old or something? Obviously they've never heard of the limited production Dakota Sport roadster.

I'll bet the author is fresh out of school and was just a toddler when those trucks were made. And he has no memory of them.

That's typical of this type of lists. "Worst Cars Ever".... Yeah everyone is going to put the Yugo on that list, but the list loses its relevance when the author was born after the Yugo was discontinued and he got all his information off the internets.

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
surprisingly... that listing was used by a car appraisal service I hired as 1 of 3 comps they used so I could get a 'declared value' coverage on my 'new to me' 1984 Fiero through AAA.
For Fiero appraisals, he explained that he just needed comps in a similar price range, it did not matter if they were customized examples or concourse style examples.

cool.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/084900.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock