Started on: 05-11-2011 09:21 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: Dementia on 05-13-2011 07:01 AM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I posted this in my thread, but i thought I would create a thread for it since it was really something special.

Today my dad (Ridgelandbaseball) and I washed and vacuumed out our Fiero's, had fiero al and Fierokid87 come over with their Fiero's, and then we had a little "Parade" to the local car show, First of the year. Took some pictures, saw some great cars, and just had a great time! Perfect weather for a car show, too.

In order from left to right, Alex's 86GT, 2.8/4T60 (fiero al), Phil's 86GT, 3.4/5-speed Isuzu, (Ridgelandbaseball), My 86SE, 4.9/4T60E, and Scott's 88 Formula, 3.2/5-speed Getrag, (Fierokid87).

I thought the layout was kind of funny fastback, fastback, and notchback, notchback. And all three Fiero's (except mine, but it did at before) have the 60* V6. A 2.8, 3.2, and 3.4. Of course mine is the 4.9 V8.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 05-11-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice looking fieros and turn out, but your all parked the wrong way.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

Nice looking fieros and turn out, but your all parked the wrong way.

Says you! As long as the engine bays aren't in the trees we are good. Looks better that way anyway.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Its just a pet peeve of mine and honestly many show goers. If somone likes your car or has an interest they will walk around it. If the hood is up they will see no engine up front and be curious. If not they walk past. All of the shows out here by me will ask you to turn the car around if you dont then next time they ask you its to leave. It looks like the cars are just there and a show happened around it.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Its just a pet peeve of mine and honestly many show goers. If somone likes your car or has an interest they will walk around it. If the hood is up they will see no engine up front and be curious. If not they walk past. All of the shows out here by me will ask you to turn the car around if you dont then next time they ask you its to leave. It looks like the cars are just there and a show happened around it.

What are you talking about, the front of our Fiero's are pointed to the "front" per say of the show, and the people there did look from front to back of the small parking lot. No one and nothing was behind us but a fence and trees. This is not a huge one time a year show with thousands of cars, there were maybe 30 cars at the show today. The show runs every Wednesday weather permitting. I got a lot of good comments from many people who stopped and looked at our Fiero's. And guess what, no matter what direction they came from, they went to the BACK of the car first.

BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DClick Here to Email BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
I think what he is trying to say is that at most car shows you back into the parking spot. But I didn't think it was a law or anything. And it really make sense only for front engine cars. When my 4.9 gets installed I will park head in so that the engine faces the passersby.
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BOBBY D:

I think what he is trying to say is that at most car shows you back into the parking spot. But I didn't think it was a law or anything. And it really make sense only for front engine cars. When my 4.9 gets installed I will park head in so that the engine faces the passersby.

That is exactly what we were doing! I would much rather see the engine bay first then the front compartment, nothing usually amazing there. C'mon, this is a little local car show, no one cares what you bring or where you park.

Most people at a Car show know what a Fiero is, and are blown away with the fact that I got a V8 installed in one, all I had in my front compartment that was visible was headlight motor swap and the sunroof glass.

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Lol it isn't a law though at some shows they get realy anal about it, and not just carllile size shows. I though mattaw was just geiving me a snippy answer. I was being silly when i said but your parked the wrong way. It was in jest and referring to the car having its engine on the opposite end. Sorry if it came off the wrong way mattawa, btw you didnt post engine bay shots. I have my battery upfront i tell everyone its electric.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 05-11-2011).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Lol it isn't a law though at some shows they get realy anal about it, and not just carllile size shows. I though mattaw was just geiving me a snippy answer. I was being silly when i said but your parked the wrong way. It was in jest and referring to the car having its engine on the opposite end. Sorry if it came off the wrong way mattawa, btw you didnt post engine bay shots.

That's my fault, sorry, I thought that first comment was totally serious. Words don't show emotion sadly.

My 4.9:
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
rofl no harm no foul. I get yelled at at the loal shows all the time for doing that so does my friend with his corvair so much so that we no longer go to most of em save for a few. Nice looking swap too bet it goes like stink is it a manual or auto? never mind just saw the transfluid dipstick.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 05-11-2011).]

mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

rofl no harm no foul. I get yelled at at the loal shows all the time for doing that so does my friend with his corvair so much so that we no longer go to most of em save for a few. Nice looking swap too bet it goes like stink is it a manual or auto? never mind just saw the transfluid dipstick.

Yea its the 4T60E. My build thread is right down the page here, Mattwa's 4.9/4T60E swap.
PFF
System Bot
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Click Here to Email Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
I wanna come out and play soon
Genopsyde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
me too...

on a somewhat related note...and I know this is short notice, but there is a local cannonball rally this saturday that begins in north ridgeville, I plan to participate, and there is one fiero confirmed to be there as well. let me know if you want more details.

------------------

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinClick Here to Email johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I love the way gold notchies look!!!!!
mattwa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaClick Here to Email mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Genopsyde:

me too...

on a somewhat related note...and I know this is short notice, but there is a local cannonball rally this saturday that begins in north ridgeville, I plan to participate, and there is one fiero confirmed to be there as well. let me know if you want more details.

I'm going to pass on that, sorry.

I love the way gold notchies look too, that's why I own one.
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Click Here to Email 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
I would like to try and meet up with you again, let me know when the next time is or whenever. I would just park my GT in the back alley because it looks like a POS compared to those 4, haha.
Genopsyde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
understood, but to clarify, in case I gave the wrong impression, its not anything illegal or high speed like in the movies. its time and checkpoint based. you get clue based directions to each checkpoint and whoever finishes closest to the preset time wins the cash prize. this will be my first one but I hear its a lot of fun.
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaClick Here to Email DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tstang429:

I wanna come out and play soon

Me too!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock