355 Bumpers Funny Lookin'? by G_Reaper
Started on: 05-09-2011 10:44 PM
Replies: 35
Last post by: Malkier on 05-12-2011 09:15 PM
G_Reaper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G_ReaperClick Here to visit G_Reaper's HomePageSend a Private Message to G_ReaperDirect Link to This Post
Am I the only one that thinks this? I mean it looks like a Fiero humped a Ferrari and out popped.... that. LOL

------------------
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88MPH your gonna see some serious sh*t.
If you give me torque and you take horsepower I'll kick your a$$ EVERY time.
Life begins at 200MPH

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
The only thing I don't like is how the front droops down from the hood bodyline, then near the openings kind of squares off. Like below:

Compared to the OEM GT/aero fascia, which droops down more smoothly into the openings.

Otherwise I think they're fine.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by G_Reaper:

Am I the only one that thinks this? I mean it looks like a Fiero humped a Ferrari and out popped.... that. LOL

Your funny looking.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Your funny looking.

And you're in need of a grammar lesson...
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

And you're in need of a grammar lesson...

Hey! I never said grammar was my best skill. Yet my posts are much more readable then some other members here. I hate the "your", "you're", and "you are" ones most so.
jacknight

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jacknightSend a Private Message to jacknightDirect Link to This Post
Looks like crap too me. Kinda embarrassing.

I call it the down symptom fiero..
jacknight

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jacknightSend a Private Message to jacknightDirect Link to This Post

jacknight

149 posts
Member since Jan 2011
That's a purtty mouth on you, boy... I'mma make you squeal like one o' my pigs!
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
I don't like that nose job. But could some one point me in the direction of those head lamp covers please.
86_fiero_gt_92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Direct Link to This Post
i always felt the same way about them except yellowstones fiero, his is the only one i have ever seen that flows properly
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
All depends on who makes it.
PFF
System Bot
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigDirect Link to This Post
I just think that nose makes the car look like it's a little too happy to see me.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
I like this one looks like it's two piece:

Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post
Pontiackid86 has a good point. I am not a big fan of the style on the red one but the white car looks ok.

[This message has been edited by Xyster (edited 05-10-2011).]

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
I usually call it the smiling duck. Lol, but on rare occasion it actually does look good, like the white GT above and yellowstone's GT. Any body ever put one on a notchback? Seems like you only see that face on fastbacks.

Now the 355 REAR fascia.... Holy crap those are beyond amazing!!! I'm so dissappointed they haven't been selling. I would LOVE one, but well, brakes and suspension are going to have to happen first.

------------------
TRSX

The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"

1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Its the duckbill. I dont like em in general with a few rare exceptions, and I dont have a problem with the length of the stock fiero nose but these seem to increase the overhang or the preception of it being longer.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 05-10-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

Its the duckbill. I don't like em in general with a few rare exceptions, and I don't have a problem with the length of the stock fiero nose but these seem to increase the overhang or the perception of it being longer.

I think it would look better pushed back and up a bit. I think it's because the fenders are thicker on the fiero and the bumper is slung too low and too far out. Never really liked this bumper.
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeDirect Link to This Post
That red example above just gives me a bad vibe. It seems like a quality install, and a quality paint job, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
If I was doing just a nose only, I'd do the Diablo-style, I think it's from PISA?
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
They look like a duck.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I always thought they looked funny. They look better on a Ferrari 355.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyDirect Link to This Post
I've noticed it before too. The red one just looks droopy. The white one looks great though.
PFF
System Bot
jacknight

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-10-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jacknightSend a Private Message to jacknightDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

I always thought they looked funny. They look better on a Ferrari 355.

can't they make the bumper shorter? what about cutting or removing the crash plastic blocks
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I think it depends on the nose and the overall look of the car, I like Yellowstone’s or Whodeanie’s former daily driver.

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Wow.
I sure hope I chose correctly for my car!

(That's Dean's ex-daily driver behind my car....)

I'm way behind schedule in getting this new Amida Fi355 bumper mounted, but we shall see how it looks soon.
The Amida 355 bumper is actually slightly shorter than the OEM bumper, and yes, it's 2 pieces.

------------------

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

randye

13818 posts
Member since Mar 2006
Here's a side-by-side comparison of Whodeanie's ex-daily driver with the Amida 355 nose and my car (OEM nose /...... soon to be Amida 355)

Dean's nose has the optional splitter mounted to the bottom of it.
ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post
well its all in personal preference, but to me, i like the stock bumper cover. however whodeanies fiero looks good with the 355 bumper.
ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post

ALL_CAMMED_UP

114 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Originally posted by randye:

Wow.
I sure hope I chose correctly for my car!

I'm sure whichever route you take will look good on your "tangerine dream" though
Giving it that exotic car facelift?

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I am not much of a fan of this style since it loses the side molding, seems to extend out further than stock (might just be an optical illusion), and they tend to nose down when looking at them at the side.

Amida's looks much better with a better flow off the fiero hood and retains the side molding. This is by far the best one available, but the lower section doesn't flow as nicely into the stock GT ground effects.

Whodeanie's old DD with the Amida nose, the tapered door piece and the bottom splitter flows the best (but not a huge fan of the lower center ground effects section - too low at the front and much lower than the front fascia when viewed from the side). This car is probably has the best overall execution of the 355 concept and I really like the rear bumper.

My opinion is Amida's 355 nose is the best on the market, just not quite ideal for my tastes (personal choice).

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 05-10-2011).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Here's a side-by-side comparison of Whodeanie's ex-daily driver with the Amida 355 nose and my car (OEM nose /...... soon to be Amida 355)

Dean's nose has the optional splitter mounted to the bottom of it.

hey! I remember that car, LOL! it seams like a lifetime ago that I built that car. still had a blast with it.
D.
jacknight

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-11-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jacknightSend a Private Message to jacknightDirect Link to This Post
what paint is he using? what color? whodeanie? the gray car? and what mirrors does he have?
G_Reaper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for G_ReaperClick Here to visit G_Reaper's HomePageSend a Private Message to G_ReaperDirect Link to This Post
I'm with TheRealShadowX. That rear fascia... Yeah I wouldn't mind that one!

------------------
If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88MPH your gonna see some serious sh*t.
If you give me torque and you take horsepower I'll kick your a$$ EVERY time.
Life begins at 200MPH

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jacknight:

what paint is he using? what color? whodeanie? the gray car? and what mirrors does he have?

the car was painted with a Lotus Titanium color and the mirrors are from a Toyots Cellica I belive it was a 95
D.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

hey! I remember that car, LOL! it seams like a lifetime ago that I built that car. still had a blast with it.
D.

A lifetime??
Heck, that pic is from Daytona 2010.....
You're just living too fast.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

A lifetime??
Heck, that pic is from Daytona 2010.....
You're just living too fast.

yea I know but I have worked on over 50 cars since then.
D.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

yea I know but I have worked on over 50 cars since then.
D.

I would make that over 51 if I had the scratch.
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierDirect Link to This Post

D.

your welcome to take it for spin any time.
It's got new seats from Mr. Mike (w/ custom logos), carpet, and firewall covering. New shift and e-brake boots are on the way, along with headliner and sunvisors. LED interior lights setting in a box waiting to be installed.

I've got to get the time and create a thread with the updates.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock