Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Does Anyone Else Boo MR2s or Is it Just Me?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Does Anyone Else Boo MR2s or Is it Just Me? by Scottzilla79
Started on: 05-05-2011 06:05 PM
Replies: 32
Last post by: Hulki U. My-BFF on 05-07-2011 07:23 PM
Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Coming out of work parking lot an excellent condition 2nd gen white MR2 goes past in the opposite direction. I reflexively booooooed. LOL
Good thing I had the windows rolled up, he would have thought I was crazy if he heard me. Especially since I was in the G6.
Anyone else do this or similar childish fun stuff?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
I’m just surprised to see one
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post
I actually like the second gen ones. They're quite nice. The first gens are boxy and too small, and the third gens are just hideous.

I've seen just as many Fieros that are boo-worthy, as MR2s though.
Fiero88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero88GTSend a Private Message to Fiero88GTDirect Link to This Post
i see way to many of them although i don't boo them i just don't care for them.
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
I am to much of a car guy to boo any car.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
LOL I almost bought an MR2 once, had been tuned a bit must have been fast as hell, didn't even drive it though it was way too small for me.
It's more like an arch enemy thing in my head. All in good fun.
I see more of them around here than I see Fieros.
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfDirect Link to This Post
Nope. I like MR2's also.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
I drove a number of new MR2's. The first gen were fun with a stick, but you could almost our run on on foot with an auto. The origami styling was a turnoff for me. The 2nd gen, especially with the turbo, were very nice and fast, but also very expensive back in the day. 2nd gen styling was the best of all. The 3rd gen had awful styling (what were they thinking?) but drove well. In my opinion the styling killed the 3rd gen car. I don't boo any nice older car. I boo the owners who trash theirs.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 05-05-2011).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Why? I mean I realize that the MR2 was the competitor for the fiero sorta kinda in the day but really they are both nice cars and both have a good following. If I see a well done or well kept car no matter what it is if I like it I will usually give a thumbs up. There is that little punk kid that has the turbo honda civic that revs up his motor every time I drive by him in traffic. I dunno what all is done to it but it is DEFINITELY not stock and mine is so I am gonna assume he will kick my butt. That does not mean that when someday we meet at the same light together I will not show him first and second..... I USED to have to be the fastest car on the block but I like to think I have grown out of that stuff. The Fiero I have now I hope to make pretty quick and will probably get another 3800SC motor and HOPEFULLY turbo it but I have no illusions of having the fastest car anywhere.... That was one thing I kinda hated about mustangs I used to have. No matter how much work or money you put into that car there is ALWAYS someone who has MORE work and money and will basically kick your butt with his mustang. Far too many big HP ones rolling around on the streets to be able to know what they got under the hood unless you know them personally. My pal RB down in South Florida had a daily driven 9 second mustang that was the real deal and it looked like any other car you ever saw. I met him when he basically blew my freakin' doors off at a streetlight in St. Lucie Florida one day. Then he took me to his shop and showed me how many mustangs he builds FOR A LIVING and I realized that the car that kicked my butt was his SLOW car..... SIck man SIck....

As I said I would like to have a nice fiero GT that can HOLD IT"S own with most stuff and look real nice doing it. Then I will be happy I think.... My Wife calls it a sickness but then she tells me how the Fiero is nice and quick but it NEEDS to be faster.... God I love that woman!! Peace

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
If you were to roll up in a 1990 Ford Fiesta, I could care less. I am proud to say that I respect anyone that enjoys this hobby. No matter the make, model, or automotive signifigance in history. I like many vehicles more than others, but can enjoy what another has done to their automobile.

The ones that give my Fiero the most nods, are the folks rolling around in Subarus. It seems that a Subie stops me more in traffic, than any other car?

Tony
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
I in particular do not understand the sort of beef that more recent Fiero owners are having against MR2s and vice-versa. If anything, you should consider the MR2 a step-brother or cousin of sorts - a small, commuter-oriented, two-seat, mid-ship drivetrain vehicle that have many similarities. If there is any sort of car owners that Fiero owners should consider brethren outside Fieros it's those that own MR2s.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

...and the third gens are just hideous.

I must be weird because I kind of like the 3rd gens and think they're the only MR2s that look good.

Around here, though, all the old MR2s have rusted away already; its been years since I've seen one that wasn't Swiss cheese. Not really boo-worthy though.

02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Direct Link to This Post
I've seen 1 first generation only on the road, not counting the one I looked at before I decided on the Fiero. Some good points, but others suck like the square styling. On the other hand, I see maybe 6 or 7 different fieros around me all the time. The second gen and third are alright and if I fit in one would consider it.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I just sold a first gen. It was nothing compared to the fiero suspension wise but it was somewhat cheap to operate and easy to work on. Parts aside from sensors seemed cheap. The car had good acceleration. I like mr2's but not like the fiero. Gen2's look neat, ive never drove one.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
I don't boo them, I actually like them. The 1st gen is my favorite and the 2nd gen is nice also. I like the 3rd gen the least out of the 3. If I had not gotten a Fiero the 1st gen MR2 was on my list, but I couldn't find one in decent shape. Of course I also like the 1st gen Nissan Pulsar and if I ever find one of those in decent shape for the right price I'll pick it up. Problem is they are so old now that most of them are rusted up or all dented.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Booing a MR2 is like saying you don't like mid engine sports cars that cost more new which is everything.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 05-06-2011).]

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I am not a fan but I feel no need to boo? I may have not grown up in all areas but this one I have.

For the most too I am shocked when I see one as most here are long gone and rusted away.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Must be just you.

I don't boo anyone. It would make me look like those Honda guys who pass by US with the passenger hanging out the window yelling "Fieros suck!"

Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
LOL I onlt did it once. Just thought it was funny. I actually see more MR2s around than Fieros. There are two about 2 blocks away from each other at a friends house that are parked on the street. Don't hate them. I once looked at a 2nd gen on a lot but it was too small for me, I didn't even try to drive it.
My boo isn't meant in that stupid pissing contest situation, more of a hate-respect thing. Like a healthy rivalry.
I don't want to grow up, if I did I'd sell the Fiero and put the money toward buying a house.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah, booo, i mean really what a stupid looking car! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Wow man....I really like the looks of that white one and the black one following it. Some impressive looking cars there.... Very nice....peace

Pete

PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Liked the look of the Gen 2 MR2 when they came out and considered buying one.

I actually sat in a new 1990 model on a dealer's showroom floor.
Was nice, but felt a little cramped and was $35,000 (too pricey for me)

A couple months later I bought my "like new" 87 GT with 16,000 miles for $9750

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-06-2011).]

Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post
I BOOOOO everyone that has a nicer Fiero than mine :P
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticDirect Link to This Post
I hate to admit this, but I've been using my buddy's MR2 to tote around my Fiero parts to fix my Fiero. The car does only one thing to me, it makes me want my Fiero up and running more. It is a mid-engine rear wheel drive, two seater sports car no matter how you look at it, I don't boo it. But when MR2 owners boo me (and they do), it is time to bring out the big guns! LOL, all in the name of fun, nothing wrong with a bit of razzin between the two.

-Chris
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
I have this on the back window of one of my Fieros...

Actually, though, I wouldn't mind having a gen 2 MR2.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I once owned a 1991 MR-2 GTS. (2nd Gen MR2 Turbo). It is such a good looking car, I think there are a lot of similarities between the 2nd gen MR2 and the Fastback GT styling. Personally, I prefered the feeling while driving the Fiero. Even though the MR2 had more power and was newer it also didn't feel as "agressive" .. it actually felt tamed and I didn't like that. Styling wise though, I give it A+ both on the outside and the inside.

I will never boo an MR2 or most cars for that matter.. Owneing a Fiero and beeing booed so often sorta turns me off from booing other people and their passions.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I feel like I should kneel down and pray to the Fiero Gods right now because those pictures kinda made me want an MR2.

That is a damn nice looking vehicle when its done up right.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
The black on on top has some scoops that mimic ones designed for the Fiero.
Ruffy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RuffySend a Private Message to RuffyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

I feel like I should kneel down and pray to the Fiero Gods right now because those pictures kinda made me want an MR2.

That is a damn nice looking vehicle when its done up right.

BITE YOUR TONGUE! lol Fiero 4 ever! those are nice looking car but not as nice as a fiero.
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigDirect Link to This Post
The wife wanted me to buy an MR2 because a former boyfriend in high school had one...so yeah, BOOOO! Then I went out and bought my Fiero. She hates it. Good.
robiwon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Direct Link to This Post
The first Gens were were too boxy for me. The 2nd Gen was very nice but had moved up scale from where the Fiero was. I actually like the 2nd Gen. I have seen a few around here lately. I like it in the dark met. blue.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I like all but the third gen MR2s.
Almost bought a 1st gen in '85, but when I heard about the new Fiero GT with the Indy body work and the V6, I was a goner.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

I actually like the second gen ones. They're quite nice. The first gens are boxy and too small, and the third gens are just hideous.

I've seen just as many Fieros that are boo-worthy, as MR2s though.

Agree with this 1 million percent. I love the gen 2 MR2s, and if I was able to afford one, I would have one beside my Fieros.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock