Arlington Washington Fiero Picnic June 4th by fourpoint9
Started on: 05-05-2011 02:13 AM
Replies: 30
Last post by: Car-Lo on 06-06-2011 01:25 PM
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post

Join us on Saturday June 4th for Jet City Fiero's HUGE Fiero
Picnic at the Arlington Ultra Light Airport.

There is ZERO cost to attend. This is not a show, you
won't be judged, it doesn't matter if you have a daily driver, a project
car, or super show car that you want to show off.

We start at 10:00AM and end around 4:00PM

It's an amazing blast. There are clubs from all over
the Northwest USA and Canada that are going to be attending.
It's a family friendly event. Please leave alcohol at home.

Bring your own food, There will be a BIG grill for all to use and a
delicious cake provided by Jet City Fieros.

We will have a lift again this year to take pictures with an eye in the sky view.

PLEASE use the Sign Up page. http://www.arlington.westcoastfieros.com
This is so we can have a rough idea of how many people to plan for.
There are MAPS, Video's, PICS and all sorts of cool stuff at the link.

About the only rules are Please don't go drag racing on the paved
runway regardless of how much fun it looks like it would be.

The folks from Canada can check out www.westcoastfieros.com/forum for
details and the route they will be taking down I-5 through Washington as a group.

If you have a local club or know of a place to announce this, please feel
free to point them here and to the sign up page.

If you are coming please also post on here so we can keep a running tally.

Also if you have any favorite pics from the last few years, please post them up here.

Here's Last year's Thread
and Jet City Fieros website www.jetcityfieros.com

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 05-05-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
bump
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
So who's going? Aren't you guys going to be embarrassed if you're all outnumbered by a bunch of wild-eyed Canucks?

This is what I'll be driving, Amble over and say "Hi" at the picnic.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-21-2011).]

Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I am in. As is FieroChick for sure. I have convinced her to put a permit on her FIero and leave the Family Hauling Blazer at home. WIth 2 Fiero's and me towing the trailer behind my Fiero we should have more than enough room.

P.S. Pat I am cleaning my garage up today and Sunday, then Monday I am taking the Black V8 down for Aircare and may just put full plates on it.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Damn you guys - Every time I see Arlington Washington I think it's Arlingtion VA Washington DC and get excited to have an event in my area. Regretfully it appears theres a law in Northern VA that prohibits more than two Fieros being within a mile of each other. Good luck and have fun.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Damn you guys - Every time I see Arlington Washington I think it's Arlingtion VA Washington DC and get excited to have an event in my area. Regretfully it appears theres a law in Northern VA that prohibits more than two Fieros being within a mile of each other. Good luck and have fun.

haha, ditto
Adam1988

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adam1988Send a Private Message to Adam1988Direct Link to This Post
I will try to make it from beaverton Oregon, if I can get my sbc fiero running before then.
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
I might have to make it up for this... Now, do I bring the quiet, comfortable but kind of mundane '86 SE daily driver, or the loud, hot, and interesting '86 GT race car? Decisions...
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ManMadeChickens:

I might have to make it up for this... Now, do I bring the quiet, comfortable but kind of mundane '86 SE daily driver, or the loud, hot, and interesting '86 GT race car? Decisions...

Bring a friend and let them drive one of the two! problem solved.
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
I want to go badly... why does this have to happen before graduation for me?
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sricka01:

Bring a friend and let them drive one of the two! problem solved.

Assuming I have a friend willing and WORTHY of driving either one... hahah.
PFF
System Bot
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoDirect Link to This Post
Arrivederci R-B-S her last run...

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post
bump! Need more participants to sign up!
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Good weather bump
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Why is it every time I see Arlington and Washington in the same sentence I think we are talking about Virginia?

Anyway good luck with your event.

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Why is it every time I see Arlington and Washington in the same sentence I think we are talking about Virginia?

Anyway good luck with your event.

It could be Arlington, TX!!! I love Six Flags!!
The weather is supposed to be nice people! First 70+ day of the year and supposed to be no rain! ::snicker::
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Come on guys and gals, the weather is forecast to be PERFECT this Saturday for the picnic. Let's see a good turn-out from the entire Pacific North-West.

A bunch of us are coming down from the frozen north to participate. If we wimpy Canadians can put up with the long lineups at the border crossings to make it down to Arlington, there should be no reason why plenty of our American brothers and sisters can't come out to the event as well. Let's see all those great Fieros (and not so great Fieros like mine)!

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Patty, ya know the Yankee's are probably looking at that forecast and thinking Gawd Dang Gee Whiz its going to be FREEZING on Saturday and might be tempted to stay home. I was listening to News1130 today and they are saying its going to be the warmest day yet this year. Lisa and I have still have not decided on what cars to bring. Her red and yellow one is pretty much a staple at these events, but she is not sure about bringing it. If she takes the Blazer down then I don't have to worry about lugging the trailer with my Fiero, and that sure would be nice for the quick stretches on the highway.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Hey Patty, ya know the Yankee's are probably looking at that forecast and thinking Gawd Dang Gee Whiz its going to be FREEZING on Saturday and might be tempted to stay home. I was listening to News1130 today and they are saying its going to be the warmest day yet this year.

Good point. For all our American friends... 23 °C is just under 74 °F. That's a perfect temperature for an outdoor event!

...and that sure would be nice for the quick stretches on the highway.

Careful now, Leadfoot.

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
I am actually at a convention this weeked at National Harbor and would love to attend if some local Fiero freak would be willing to bring me with them. I obviously don't have my car with me, but would love to see everyone's cars and meet you all. Would anyone be willing to shuttle me to and fro???
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Lets see if I can do this.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 06-03-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
[rant]
Everytime I see pictures or videos of our Fieros on the field at Arlington last year I cringe because we did such a poor job of lining our cars up. None of the Fieros should've been directly behind the Fieros in front of them. (I did it myself.) We should've pulled into the "gaps" behind the cars in front of us. Maybe this year we'll get it right.
[/rant]

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-03-2011).]

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Ah Crap! I was thinking this was being held in Arlington Virginia... I don't guess anyone wants to pick me up from D.C. to go to the "other" Washington..

Hope the show has a good turn out and you all enjoy yourselves!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
For anyone that is coming from the north side of Arlington our group from BC will be attempting to get through USA Customs at an estimated 7:30am, and will be racing down I-5 about 8:30am we will be running GMRS Chanel 20 sub 00. My Cell is 604-807-2623

Have a Great trip.

See ya all there.

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

...and will be racing down I-5

No, we will be driving in a civilized manner.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 04:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry slip of the tung, we won't be racing, we will be traveling at an uhm, damn brain fart and can't think of the word, robust, nope, spirited manor. Thats the word, we will be taking a spirited drive down I-5. I have asked my guys to keep it to an average 140kph cruising speed MAX. However I knew a few members will inevitably take it upon themselves to break away from the group and do there down things at an accelerated rate for a short stint.

------------------

Irvin Green

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Irvin GreenSend a Private Message to Irvin GreenDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

Hey if we ever get one in Md, I'm down for it.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well today was freaking amazing. 75 degree weather dozens of Fiero's everything from 4cyl to Caddy V8's to SBC V8's. Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Steaks and all sorts of other foods were on the BBQ outside, good music. We had a tent city of Canopy's setup. I'll be posting pics soon.

------------------

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok Photos are up at my site, I am too tired to write out all the IMG tags to post them in the thread. There are 109 photos in total. Some of the larger pics are still uploading so if you can't load the large version of a thumbnail just give it a few mins. Most of my bandwidth is going towards uploading the raw high res video's that got shot today. Especially cool are the "mechanics" videos that were shot of us trying to diagnose Tristan's complete engine meltdown. He blew his motor on the way to the Picnic from BC Canada. We were able to sorta make it run, but it was puking oil out the exhaust, to the point that after driving behind him, I had to stop at a gas station and wash the oil off the windshield of my car. He was also smoking so bad that his car would disappear. If you want to know more, go ahead and watch the video's. Sorry about the size they are like I said High Def resolution.

Photo's are here, http://captfiero.com/arlingtongallery2011 Please feel free to repost your favorite ones here. I am just too tired at the moment to barley even think about it.

Video's are here, http://captfiero.com/videos...b_runs/Arlington2011

------------------

ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a lot of fun... it's a shame I can NEVER seem to get my schedule to allow me to do this. Maybe next year...

What's the story on the smoker there at the end of your photos, Capt Fiero?

[This message has been edited by ManMadeChickens (edited 06-05-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoDirect Link to This Post

RBS last Arlington Picnic...

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock