Coolant Tank Relocation by sporlan
Started on: 05-02-2011 10:32 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: GADJet on 05-03-2011 01:21 PM
sporlan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sporlanSend a Private Message to sporlanDirect Link to This Post
Anybody have pics of how they relocated coolant tank with the "Angel Hood Vent"?
Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I can't show you pics but what i can say it works like a straw as long as you only 2/3 fill your expansion container as you need room for when radiator water is expanding into the bottle. When it cools it sucks the water back in just have the nozzle to the bottom of your reservoir well under the bottles water level. Keep top of bottle above the water level of the radiator you cannot mount it lower it must be higher or you could possibly siphon the water from radiator and fail to siphon from bottle into radiator. I don't have a hood vent if i was i would just show you where i joined the hose to make it longer kept the new expansion tank higher than the radiator it could even be made out of a soda bottle and would do the job.

Tip: Get a lower temperature thermostat mine is 160 degree. How well does fan really spin i found that mine span around but wasn't spinning enough to keep it from overheating. Just tips i see your only relocating due to a hood vent but you might be surprised how slow your fan is spinning does it move your hair when you get near it? I replaced the core of my fan with another GM fan from a commodore/GTO it now blows hard only just fits.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I had a Miller beer can zip tied down low for a long time. Does that count?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085030.html

No good answer here, I feel your pain. Try a quick "search" of the database too. Other older threads on this subject.

Rob
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I had a Miller beer can zip tied down low for a long time. Does that count?

Your hand is not a part of your car antuzzi! LOL

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock