La fiera at the track by La fiera
Started on: 05-02-2011 06:19 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: La fiera on 06-04-2011 10:16 PM
La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
After trying for 4 sessions on Saturday to take a video the camera would not work. Sunday she decided to work!!
Enjoy it.
http://youtu.be/TCC23dfJSIY
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

I had to embed that! Sweet video. That looks like so much fun!

You have anything done with your exhaust? Just watched your other video, that is a great idle, so what did you do?

Otherwise I just don't take my 2.8 to the limit enough to hear those sweet RPMs.

Oh, and I'm curious as to what were the rules for that run?
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Nice man.....sounds awesome too....that looks like too much fun for words.... Is that a 3800SC? I was hopin' you would run on past that vette but not sure what the rules are or what the classes are there. Anyways, SWeet video and nice work. peace

Pete

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Nice man.....sounds awesome too....that looks like too much fun for words.... Is that a 3800SC? I was hopin' you would run on past that vette but not sure what the rules are or what the classes are there. Anyways, SWeet video and nice work. peace

Pete

I did caught up to the Z06, the Mustang Mach I and the WRX. But before that I had to pass the blue TSX that was holding me, then a Type R Integra and a M3. It was a lot of fun. I got so much compliments from people, specially the young ones.

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Is that what the silver hatch was that passed ya, I thought it looked WRXish... Hey man just being able to hang with those cars in a 25+ year old economy sportscar is pretty damn cool says I. Nice work. What have you done to the motor and suspension and whatnot? Peace

Pete

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

I had to embed that! Sweet video. That looks like so much fun!

You have anything done with your exhaust? Just watched your other video, that is a great idle, so what did you do?

Otherwise I just don't take my 2.8 to the limit enough to hear those sweet RPMs.

Oh, and I'm curious as to what were the rules for that run?

Rules are only passing on straights when prompted by the driver in front. That is why I waved the WRX by, it has way more hp than my 2.8 and it had racing slicks, so the Corvette. The Mach I had racing DOT. Even though they had slicks I was all over their mirrors through the turns, it was hilarious!!

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post

La fiera

2197 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Nice work. What have you done to the motor and suspension and whatnot? Peace

Pete

Motor: Custom cam, CNC ported heads, custom headers, custom intake, .040 over pistons and an improved crank with grooves and chamfered holes to promote better oil flow to the bearings. And chip by Sinister Performance.

The suspension: WCF 350# all corners, TFS rear swaybar and front stock bar. Poly on the entire suspension and frame bushings.

Brakes: Circle Track Wilwood GM metric calipers with stainless steel piston paired with a set of Hawk DTC 30 compound racing brake pads with lebaron rotors in the front. stock rears with ceramic pads. Jegs proportioning valve to adjust brake bias.
http://carphotos.cardomain....176944053_medium.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain....176944052_medium.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain....176944054_medium.jpg

Weight reduction: 222.8 pounds lighter.

Future mods: WCF front and rear tubular arms, HHP swaybar kit, 255/50/16 rear slicks and 225/50/16 front slicks. Custom Chromoly tubular subframe. Make it much lighter. 3400 roller or non roller cam bottom end.

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 05-02-2011).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
NICE!!.... I am in Tennessee, where was this video taken? Peace

Pete

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post

NICE!!.... I am in Tennessee, where was this video taken? Peace

Pete

Carolina Motorsports Park at Kershaw, SC
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the vid, thanks for the upload . Make an extra cradle for me hehe.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Sweet video, thanks for sharing
PFF
System Bot
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
I'm waiting for some more from another competitor that I passed him a couple of times. So there will be a bit more!
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Woah wait a minute.... Did you say CNC ported 2.8 heads???? MORE INFO PLEASE.... DO you have a five axis machine at your disposal? I am soon to be the owner of a nice used VMC but that CNC head porting is serious stuff. You either need a five axis or a fourth axis and a trunnion table to really do it and even then you gotta have some serious cad cam skills and know your way around some VERY expensive software.... Don't hold out on us man, what's the skinny... What kinda power are ya making? peace

Pete

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
BH Performance did my heads. This guy speaks flow. The ones he did for me outflowed Oslo's Falconer heads at the intake and specially on the exhaust side. We are working on a specific head for the 3.4.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Great video! Looks exciting out there. Great work on the car too!
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Great video! Looks exciting out there. Great work on the car too!

Thanks!!

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Cool video! Nice Fiero, too.

Just out of curiosity, what racing class are you in? Since you still have the dash and stuff, I'm guessing a Street Prepped category? My Fiero gets tossed in Street Mod, because it has an engine swap (3.4 V6).
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Cool video! Nice Fiero, too.

Just out of curiosity, what racing class are you in? Since you still have the dash and stuff, I'm guessing a Street Prepped category? My Fiero gets tossed in Street Mod, because it has an engine swap (3.4 V6).

Thanks Blacktree! It is only HPDE2 sanctioned by NASA. I'm just doing track time to get used to the car and advance to HPDE3 so I can compete in the time trial races.
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
http://youtu.be/wi99ajFc5K4?t=5m53s

I also found this video from another competitor. You start to see me in front of the M3 that is in front of the camera car. I just re-entered the track after finding the limit of adhesion of the street tires. I locked the fronts and since I knew I wasn't going to be able to recover and make that turn I released some pressure and slowed the car enough to slowly coast on the grass, turn and go back on the track and that is where the video begins. The rule is that if you put all 4 wheels off the track you must come into the pits for a check up by the marshals. Well, that happened 2 turns before the pit entrance and I just kept going because my adrenaline was so high and this is why. After hounding an "Eleonor" clone with twin turbos for 3 laps, he lets me by because I was riding on his bumper on the braking zone and through the turns, on the straights it was a different story. I just wanted to widen the gap through the tight section before the back stretch so I can have enough lead to prevent him from getting too close to me that I had to wave him by. This off excursion took place while trying to do that. I re-entered and started to chase him down again but then I see a black flag on the back stretch with my number on it 3 turns before the pit entrance. I start to slow down and then proceeded to enter the pits.

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 06-04-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock