Looking for my original Fiero GT by A4SixtyNineRR
Started on: 04-22-2011 12:34 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: A4SixtyNineRR on 04-23-2011 07:04 PM
A4SixtyNineRR

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys, I am just putting this out there in hopes of finding my original '86 Fiero GT which was my first car. I was the second owner of the car when I was 16 and bought it from my friend's mom who had purchased it new at Holland Pontiac in Massillon, Ohio (the same Holland who special ordered most of the convertible Fieros). It was an '86 Fiero GT 5spd, white w/grey interior, basic cassette radio but w/performance sound, power windows/locks but not mirrors, sunroof, and rear defrost. The VIN was 1G2PG9797GP274529. I traded it in to a dealer in Hartville, Ohio back in 1991 and never saw it again. I currently own a lower mileage silver '87 GT, but I have always hoped I would run across my original one someday. I always check the VIN on every white '86 GT that I come across (assuming the car is still white), but I haven't found her yet. I'm hoping someone out there on Pennock's might know of or even possibly own my old car. Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RenegadeShadow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
I know there is a person that is tracking all the VIN numbers for all the cars they made, a conpendium, I dont know a list, Im sure some longer time member on here can help you out with this.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
You could try Carfax or have an LEO or dealer friend check the vin history. Might get lucky. The Carfax I just looked at said there are 13 records on the vin, but would cost $45 to get the details. And with that you may only get general information

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 04-22-2011).]

A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post
I've thought about buying the Carfax on it, but I'm not sure what info that would actually provide. I doubt it would give me a name or address of the current owner. The database of VIN's might be a great resource though. Hopefully someone will have info on it.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
The DMV (and other 3rd party companies such as this one) will give you owner information based on VIN. It costs, but it's not a huge sum if you really want the car.

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 04-23-2011).]

Mystik

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MystikSend a Private Message to MystikDirect Link to This Post
Bad news, I don't have it.

ha, mine is a 4spd anyways. 86GT though. Good luck.
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLADirect Link to This Post
Car fax link I had a few extra to use.

http://www.carfax.com/viewE...gDaCTSi3&language=en

Originally posted by Mystik:
Bad news, I don't have it.

ha, mine is a 4spd anyways. 86GT though. Good luck.

------------------
87 FIERO GT CHOP TOP
86 GT Red 4spd
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

A4SixtyNineRR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A4SixtyNineRRSend a Private Message to A4SixtyNineRRDirect Link to This Post
FieroSmigla you rock! Thank you so much for doing that. I really appreciate it!!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock