Bondo by IIKool
Started on: 04-19-2011 07:18 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: DLCLK87GT on 04-20-2011 03:18 PM
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
I have just taken the ground effect off the bottom of the doors and need the to fill in the holes at the bottom. Can I use just good old regular bondo or should I use something else. Also can I just use some type of screen mesh on the backside as a holding agent to hold the bondo
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Benja

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BenjaSend a Private Message to BenjaDirect Link to This Post
On metal you can use Bondo. On the composites you should use a flexible filler. These can be found at body shop suppliers or online. Bondo will crack if the plastic panel is flexed in the area of the fill. Anything will be fine to put over the backside of the hole, Duct Tape works fine. It is a good idea to taper the hole and scuff up the surface really rough to give the filler something to grab onto.

[This message has been edited by Benja (edited 04-19-2011).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Fast forward to 4:05

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
RWD,
Hey man thanks for posting that video, it is very educational. I wonder if the same thing could be done with the SEM style filler recommended a lot for the fiero body panels on this site. I have some similar problems with the area around my Sunroof that I need to fix and I would PREFER to only have to do it once... Peace

Pete

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
I used a special material material made for SMC to fill the holes in my decklid when I removed the luggage rack:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/103013.html

If I were to do it again, I would widen the holes on the black side and put tape over them, creating a kind of hourglass-shaped filler plug.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
RWD,
Hey thanks for the link man, I got work to do on my cars body before I paint it. What kinda paint did you use there? Has the Filler you used held up and not blistered up or cracked? Peace

Pete

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Paint has held up fine, but the car has been garaged for the last year. Just used cheap rattlecan Duplicolor primer and paint.
lonewolf_305

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf_305Send a Private Message to lonewolf_305Direct Link to This Post
thats a cool idea i wonder if that would work to put a front spoiler on. ive had some ideas in my head about combining different bummpers.
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
In another thread Paul posted this.

SEM 39708 Flexible SEM-Weld. Available at your local autobody/paint supplier.
Grind any area you use it with 24 grit discs - SLOWLY so as not to heat up & melt the material. Heating it will cause the pores to close & nothing will stick. Back up the hole first with the same product, & chop up some fiberglass mat with scissors to mix in it. Then "V" out the top of the hole & fill it with the same method.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

I would like the thank everyone for posting. So would the consensus be to use Flexible Sem-Weld on the bottom of the door
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
i was asking similar questions yesterday, some good links. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/115705.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock