Started on: 04-11-2011 01:59 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: mptighe on 04-12-2011 01:20 AM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure whether to put this in General or Technical.

I have a 3800 turbo / F40 six speed swap being worked out and perfected at bmwguru's shop. I sent a Sunbird turbo tach with the car to have him install it for me. I like the look of it with the stock interior and instrument cluster. However, Stage III of my car's rebirth will be to have the interior redone. I will not be using the stock dash, instrument cluster, or pretty much anything else, and want to have the Sunbird tach's functions (tach and boost) made on another tach, so it will fit the new cluster.

I called SpeedHut the other day to ask about the availability of a custom gauge. When I called, someone in sales told me they "don't do custom functions" on gauges. WTH? I could have sworn I saw someone that had 4 different gauges all in one gauge? Did this person just not know what they were talking about, or did I maybe not say the right words?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
I think you're talking about their Quad Legacy and Revolution gauges:
http://www.speedhut.com/gau...-gauge_type-Quad.htm
you can't choose which gauges are in them....

[This message has been edited by larini74 (edited 04-11-2011).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

Maybe they do not do it any more?
"Select different gauge types within the Quad!
Please call us if you would like different gauge options within your quad. You can select from a wide variety of different gauge types and we can include them within your Quad! "
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

Hmmm... All I was asking for was for them to recreate the Sunbird tach/boost gauge in a custom size with a custom face... you'd think they should be able to do that right?
zigaroo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zigarooSend a Private Message to zigarooDirect Link to This Post
You have to realize that they're probably set up as an assembly line or something equivalent. This leaves only being able to buy specific options that you can choose from, such as what you see on their website. Anything straying from that and they won't be able to do it, because they aren't set up to do it.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zigaroo:

You have to realize that they're probably set up as an assembly line or something equivalent. This leaves only being able to buy specific options that you can choose from, such as what you see on their website. Anything straying from that and they won't be able to do it, because they aren't set up to do it.

Sure if you want to be all "logical" about it. I still have no intention of accepting this. If I have to go to their HQ and slip them all roofies to get them to do it, then by God, I'm planning a road trip. Anyone want to ride shotgun?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock