Targa Top by Xyster
Started on: 04-08-2011 03:57 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: hnthomps on 04-08-2011 07:32 PM
Xyster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone done a targa top for the Fiero? I'm not sure if I want to, just toying with the idea. I think it would be nice to have an open top like a T-top but with less weather-stripping are to leak. I also believe it should be a little safer than a convertible since it would still have a B-pillar.

Thoughts?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Only one i know of that was done successfully was the rat. A lot of frame reinforcing and such goes into doing it.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Only one i know of that was done successfully was the rat. A lot of frame reinforcing and such goes into doing it.

I wouldn't call that one successful...

Here is a good thread with pics, others who have done it as well as another targa option that keeps the roof structure:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/106719.html
Xyster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I was so excited about the idea, I never thought to check for other threads.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
There is one Targa top that I know about in addition to the Dirty Rat attempt. I believe that the owner is Doc John on the forum.

Nelson

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock