Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I've had my 4 cylinder fiero for 2 years and I've raced it a total of Two times (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I've had my 4 cylinder fiero for 2 years and I've raced it a total of Two times by RenegadeShadow
Started on: 04-07-2011 10:13 PM
Replies: 50
Last post by: RenegadeShadow on 04-14-2011 04:51 PM
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackGT Codde:

well this one turned into a duke basher real quick.....
apologies to the op

I didnt think it turned into duke bashing. They are somewhat slow, but they get mileage.
IP: Logged
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

kator8105 where is the knock sensor? I dont have my manual here at the desk.

the knock sensor is attached to the Primary Ignition Module. It is the tube that inserts into the block with a rubber O ring sealing it. It plugs into the back of the ignition module.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

the knock sensor is attached to the Primary Ignition Module. It is the tube that inserts into the block with a rubber O ring sealing it. It plugs into the back of the ignition module.

Isnt that the crank sensor on a DIS? I have done some reading and I am beginning to think maybe MAP? Though I found an old post from 2006 where I state the same problem has been occurring for 3 to 4 years. So I have had this since 02 or 03. It may just be the NOS TBI I bought about that time. God knows how long it was setting some place and the plastic bag was cut open.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
Yes - what he is calling the knock sensor is actually the crank position sensor.

Solotwo, have you put a good scan tool on the motor to see what it's saying?

Joe

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 04-11-2011).]

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
No, $$ cost of a tool or cost to have the shop do it has kept it from being done.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

No, $$ cost of a tool or cost to have the shop do it has kept it from being done.

Premium gas will do that. I have my formula to thank for my empty wallet.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Yes - what he is calling the knock sensor is actually the crank position sensor.

Solotwo, have you put a good scan tool on the motor to see what it's saying?

Joe

Good idea. I will try to do that. Might be cheaper than map sensor?
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Direct Link to This Post
Wow! how embarassing! I completely just jumbled my engines up I appologize for the inacurate information above.

RenegadeShadow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
I think my engine is running better than it has in years actually now that I've finally been able to give it the best quality parts and additives available. By no means is it a fast car but Im happy that my Muncie and clean engine almost always launch me past any stock single cam civics that are 10-15 years newer than my car. Basically my car runs like we are still in the 80s and I love that about it.

AND NO ONE can take that from me.
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Yes I agree. I installed new tires on my car. Took the winter tires off and got Bridgestone RE960AS Pole position. They are 60 series so a little short on the dia. But the car runs real good with them.
RenegadeShadow

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RenegadeShadowSend a Private Message to RenegadeShadowDirect Link to This Post
Can you beleive I've had the same back two tires on my 19inche rears for the past year and they havent even lost thread? The great advantage of having no HP lol.

Economicaly speaking of course

[This message has been edited by RenegadeShadow (edited 04-14-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave