Started on: 04-07-2011 04:13 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 04-08-2011 10:47 AM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
So today since i have off from school I went to the bone yard to see what they had there. nothing new or anything just a bunch of old stuff but theres an 84 there that I've been pulling parts off of for the past couple months for my IMSA that has been hiding a little treasure from me I noticed it was a base model 84 4 speed and I remember a couple of you guys saying they have the MY8 transmission in them. Well i checked the RPO and got the thing pulled. its a low mile (70K) MY8 transmission in working order (even took the RPO sticker just for refrence.

I figure I'm gona put it into my IMSA because it did have one at one point and i want to get almost everything matching on the RPO.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-07-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GuitarFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GuitarFieroClick Here to visit GuitarFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to GuitarFieroDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on your find!!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I want that! Always wanted to create a 3.32 4-speed with the 3.65 case and 1st/2nd, and the econo 3rd/4th and final. I have a spare 3.65 sitting in my garage.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I want that! Always wanted to create a 3.32 4-speed with the 3.65 case and 1st/2nd, and the econo 3rd/4th and final. I have a spare 3.65 sitting in my garage.

Ya i got pretty lucky with it. and I'm glad i found one with such low miles on it. If i decide to sell it you got 1st dibs if you want it.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 04-07-2011).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008
In doing some research I'm thinking some evil little plans for my formula.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Nice find Rick, but how do you know it is in working order if the car was immobile in a bone yard. Remember, just because it shifts in and out of all of the gears tells you nothing about the condition of the tranny.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Nice find Rick, but how do you know it is in working order if the car was immobile in a bone yard. Remember, just because it shifts in and out of all of the gears tells you nothing about the condition of the tranny.

It shift's and when you turn the spline it turns the diff through all the gears. Also the car was driven to the spot where it was. the car was in there running section at one point.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I agree with Andy, just because it shifts in and out of gear and turns the diff doesn't make it automatically "good". My dad's Isuzu 5-speed, shifts into 2nd gear fine, and the diff turned while in 2nd, but when you release the clutch while in second whenyou actually drive it, it just grinds.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

I agree with Andy, just because it shifts in and out of gear and turns the diff doesn't make it automatically "good". My dad's Isuzu 5-speed, shifts into 2nd gear fine, and the diff turned while in 2nd, but when you release the clutch while in second whenyou actually drive it, it just grinds.

I know but as i said the car was an abandoned car that went into that yard. They hot wired the thing and drove it from the gate to its final resting place in the yard to be picked over.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
What they are saying is you'll have to split the tranny to see the proof or evidence that the innards are in top shape. That tranny could have 1L of water in it, and nobody would know. Drain it, split it, then confirm...
Fierokid87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Yeah my 3rd gear in my Getrag that i pulled from an 88 Beretta GT grinds a bit when i shift into third. But once there its smooth sailing.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

PFF
System Bot
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Alrigh which yard? Great find!!!!
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
What condition is the cradle?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

What condition is the cradle?

It was in good shape but they torched it to get it out of it so its scrap metal now.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by pete 2m4:

Alrigh which yard? Great find!!!!

Its in new ringold E-Z pull.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave