87 gt build by 87GreenGT
Started on: 04-04-2011 11:50 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: SeperatedSoul on 05-04-2011 01:07 AM
87GreenGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys im new to the forum, love the write ups and how to's, well i just picked up a 87 gt in good condition for $700 and drove it home, plan is to do a L67SC/4T65HD swap. money is a little tight and working 60 hours a week doesnt help, so progess is gonna be slow. First things is to redo the sloppy steering and suspension. will be replacing all ball joints, springs, shocks, and bushings.

car when it got it home
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
suspension overhaul, Eibach 1 inch lowering springs, poly bushings, Koni shocks, new balljoints, and steering rack

[This message has been edited by 87GreenGT (edited 04-05-2011).]

SeperatedSoul

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post
looks like a beautiful gt! cant wait to see you start doing things on it! and welcome to the forum!
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

SeperatedSoul

469 posts
Member since Jan 2011
ok wow you got those done fast it seemed haha :P looks great! thats something i need to do in the near future. nice work. very clean .
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
thank you, ha those pics are a few days old
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post

87GreenGT

87 posts
Member since Feb 2011
ive noticed the other members pics of theirs cars and i seem to be the only person that has a cracked dash, haha, vegas heat is killer
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GreenGT:

ive noticed the other members pics of theirs cars and i seem to be the only person that has a cracked dash, haha, vegas heat is killer

Lol your not alone. my Formula's dash has cracks all over the place but i dont care. the car wasent built to be pretty. nice GT by the way.

87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
oh and pics of what i stared with
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post

87GreenGT

87 posts
Member since Feb 2011
thanks for all the positive feedback guys
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post

87GreenGT

87 posts
Member since Feb 2011
am i doing something wrong with the pics they dont seem to be poping up correctly
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
All the pictures work good for me, you just have to click on them because they are over 300kb's. Might want to re-size them. But that "before" picture...what the hell! I wish my front suspension looked half that nice. I haven't done anything with my front suspension yet, and it has heavy surface rust.
PFF
System Bot
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

All the pictures work good for me, you just have to click on them because they are over 300kb's. Might want to re-size them. But that "before" picture...what the hell! I wish my front suspension looked half that nice. I haven't done anything with my front suspension yet, and it has heavy surface rust.

ya i second that. that front suspension even before is pretty crisp. way nicer than mine haha. how much of a difference is there with the handling now that you changed up the suspension?
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
i have yet to drive it i still need an alignment and waiting on the fierostore to send me another lower ball joint(press broke the last one) and sway bar and radiator braces
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post

87GreenGT

87 posts
Member since Feb 2011
just added HID's, got for free from a friend. they look bluer than they really are in the pic. 8k light output. much better improvement

Interior shot

[This message has been edited by 87GreenGT (edited 04-05-2011).]

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Looks good, particularly your front suspension. Heh, your 'before' looks better than my 'after'.

Boo on the HIDs though, prepare to blind a lot of people..

Brad
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
haha, ive never seen a rusty fiero. i guess vegas heat has its ups now. Ya the HIDs are blinding but i installed them the right way so the light is focused down more. what does everyone think of the green color. it does stand out but idk maybe paint in its near future
elusivedotone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for elusivedotoneSend a Private Message to elusivedotoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BtotheB:

Looks good, particularly your front suspension. Heh, your 'before' looks better than my 'after'.

Brad

This. lol. Welcome to the forums. Great people here! Very informative help even with newbies like me! Your suspension looks great. Just curious how much did your whole suspension setup cost if you dont mind me asking. I've been trying to price out suspension upgrade for a future project. By the way i love the color of your car! If it were mine Id get a giant Kermit the Frog painted on it haha!
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
one of the other projects i have layn around

[This message has been edited by 87GreenGT (edited 04-06-2011).]

87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post

87GreenGT

87 posts
Member since Feb 2011

Originally posted by elusivedotone:

This. lol. Welcome to the forums. Great people here! Very informative help even with newbies like me! Your suspension looks great. Just curious how much did your whole suspension setup cost if you dont mind me asking. I've been trying to price out suspension upgrade for a future project. By the way i love the color of your car! If it were mine Id get a giant Kermit the Frog painted on it haha!

thank you, konis were $160 shipped, eibachs were $250 shipped, steering rack was $200 with $50 core shipped via fierostore, ball joints and poly was $250 or so shipped via fierostore. thats just the front also. rear setup was a bit cheaper biggest expense was the konis for $350
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

one of the other projects i have layn around

wow love that project truck you have going there. may i ask what kind of truck it is? looks to me kinda like a chev but i could be wrong. looks sweet though. and loving the new headlights and i think keep the paint for now. and later if you decide to go for a color setup for the interior then get the car repainted. it looks pretty kool though very different. my car is an electric blue, and i thought about a re paint but i think i may keep it . even if i re paint it i think i will keep it the same color haha here is a pic of the old duke

kinda a bad pic but oh well haha.
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
thanks the truck is an 81 k10, one of 3567 made with electronic spark control with a 305SB

i do love the color of yours.
PFF
System Bot
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

thanks the truck is an 81 k10, one of 3567 made with electronic spark control with a 305SB

i do love the color of yours.

thats one sweet truck . i also have a chev. its a 95, 2500 6.5 turbo diesel, i love that old truck. and ya thanks i quite like the paint color on my little 86
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
ok quick question. i baught the fierostores upper a-arm bolt with 8 1.5mm washers. i read that the caster needs to be between +3 - +7 ideal being +5. how many washers is that on each side. i have 3 in the front and 5 in the rear.
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
anyone?
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
some updates, waiting on rims and tires but mostly got the front end all done

87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post

87GreenGT

87 posts
Member since Feb 2011
also went to the local pick n pull and found (2) 85 base models that i need parts off, found a brand new in a gm bag the front hood cable, and took both of the cables of both cars to have spares. got lucky on that one. also grabed a few dash pieces that were cracked on mine. i really should of grab the nice seats out of one of them, had the speakers in the headrests. going tomorrow
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post
god dang dude that is clean!!! i wish mine was even a quarter that nice haha very nice job on the front end. im doing some stuff to mine also right away. i pulled the tire off mine today and was smiling cause i thought it looked pretty good for an old car now i just feel like mine is horrible. thanks alot! lol
here is a pic of her right after i took the tire off. (this is the first time i have looked since it had locking lugs so i have been on a wild goose chase to find a key and just got it today):...

i think it looks ok haha but yours looks amazing lol good work and nice progress looking forward to more!
87GreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GreenGTSend a Private Message to 87GreenGTDirect Link to This Post
hey mine started out somewhat like that, pressure washed then disassembled them cleaned and prep, painted and had some pieces powdercoated. about 40 man hours worth of work $25 in cans of paint, primer, sand paper, degreaser, and a few other odds and ends and then she turned out great.

just got my rear rims and tires in. they are KONIG illusions gloss black with machined lip 18x8 35MM offset for the rear. (everyone said it wouldnt fit but it cleared with more than 3/4'' of space between the tire and spring perch). tires are dunlop direzza dz101 235/40R-18W directional
Fronts are gonna be KONIG illusions gloss black with machined lip 17x7 40MM offset with 225/45R-17W dunlops also

[This message has been edited by 87GreenGT (edited 05-03-2011).]

SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post
wow those are some nice shoes on her now! like i said the car is comming along great. i cant wait to see the finished product! (oh wait i dont think there ever is a finished product with these cars haha ) but looking good. good rims always kinda bring things together on a car i find. really improves looks. but ya your green beauty is looking good!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock