Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Where, if any where can you find new replacement door glass????

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Where, if any where can you find new replacement door glass???? by zefferk
Started on: 04-01-2011 02:33 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: JohnWPB on 06-03-2011 01:06 AM
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know of a source for new door windows for our Fieros? All the national chains will quote you a price, but then when you go into their shops in person they let you know they can't find 'em. Anyone here have any ideas or contacts?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
I pulled mine from a local U Pull it yard. Pretty cheap I'm thinking less than $50. Also got the knowledge of how it came out so i could put it into mine when I go home. So you could try someplace like that if you have one nearby.

Dan
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
I would be interested in finding new door glass as well. I wouldn't mind getting one from a junkyard the only issue is that they are usually just as scratched up from the rock hard dew wipes if not worse the what I already have.
hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Direct Link to This Post
iv been lookin for a while now with not much luck. try this place though i havent had a chance to call them yet but supposedly they can get it. if you do call post back and let me know what they say. o and safelight told me they could custom make the glass for 600 and some odd dollars .

http://account.autoglasshos...m/nswizard/?acct=w2g

Tyler

[This message has been edited by hammer18 (edited 04-01-2011).]

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Cool. I got on their site and they say they have them for $121.00, $220 installed. I'll believe it once I speak to them on Monday (not available during the weekend). I'll let everyone know what they say then. I hope it is not another "ya, we have 'em" on line BS and then when you speak to a real human they don't carry them let down. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Have them made for $600...ya right!?!?! Maybe they'd sell them if they made them. I'm sure they could sell thousands of windows if they only had them available.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zefferk:

Cool. I got on their site and they say they have them for $121.00, $220 installed. I'll believe it once I speak to them on Monday (not available during the weekend). I'll let everyone know what they say then. I hope it is not another "ya, we have 'em" on line BS and then when you speak to a real human they don't carry them let down. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Any word on if they are available?

Xyster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post
Is there any company that offers Acrylic or Polycarbonate windows? This would be a weight savings right? Also, real glass isn't permitted in some racing, right? Just looking for/ proposing some options.
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post

Xyster

1444 posts
Member since Apr 2011
I would stay away from Safelite. They put the windshield in my wife’s Hummer crooked. When we asked them to fix it, the insisted that was the way the factory clips hold it and they couldn't do anything to fix it. Stay away. Horrible customer service.

...but at $600 they seem to want to keep you away anyway.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
I've had good luck with a national chain called Binswanger. Last time I asked (two years ago) they showed driver windows in stock at their Denver distribution center. I forgot the price, but it was reasonable.

http://www.binswangerglass.com
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
I went through this last year when I was looking for both sides on my latest build. I was told by a half dozen suppliers that only 2 or 3 passenger door windows were left ($120) and only one shop could source the driver's door glass (apparently the last one in the continental USA) for $398! I bought a passenger side but passed on the driver's side. Then I found a backwoods shop out here in rural Nova Scotia that had a driver's door glass on a shelf that he sold to me for $120. From the sounds of things, nobody's picked up the ball and started remanufacturing them since then. I think I'll go out to the shop and kiss them right now (the door glass, not the shop owners)
c-l

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hammer18:

iv been lookin for a while now with not much luck. try this place though i havent had a chance to call them yet but supposedly they can get it. if you do call post back and let me know what they say. o and safelight told me they could custom make the glass for 600 and some odd dollars .

http://account.autoglasshos...m/nswizard/?acct=w2g

Tyler

I purchassed 2 sets from them last year after ordering from a few other sources that never delivered. I was skeptical about the whole deal untill I picked them up. They have a light greenish tint to them and they are not branded (no branding stamp like the PPG had).

PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by c-l:

I purchassed 2 sets from them last year after ordering from a few other sources that never delivered. I was skeptical about the whole deal untill I picked them up. They have a light greenish tint to them and they are not branded (no branding stamp like the PPG had).

What's your vote on the quality?
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Yumm, lexan windows.. Has anyone done it? Wouldn't they get all scratched up too though since they aren't laminated? Ehh I'll just drive with window nets
c-l

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lDirect Link to This Post
Quality appears fine. Did not notice any visible distortion or flaws in them, just a slight color diffrrence between one of the driver side and the other 3. It was most likelly a different batch.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
There was this exact same thread, just a couple weeks ago:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085649.html

I found glass here at a local shop... you can read more about it in the other thread.....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock