Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NIFE's Fiero Focus Magazine WANTS YOUR MERA CONTEST!!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

NIFE's Fiero Focus Magazine WANTS YOUR MERA CONTEST!!! by 87 Pegasus
Started on: 03-31-2011 09:56 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Rodney on 04-16-2011 01:16 PM
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

MERA PHOTO CONTEST

Fiero Focus Magazine Wants Your Mera!

Fiero Focus magazine is in need of photos of stock 1987 & 1988 Mera's to feature with an upcoming article.

If your photo of a MERA is selected for the cover photo, you will win a one year membership to the Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts which includes 6 issues
of Fiero Focus magazine.

If one or more of your photos is selected for use inside Fiero Focus, a complimentary copy of that issue will be awarded.

Photo requirements:
Cover Photo, must be a portrait with the subject in the lower third of the frame.

Image can be digital or a scan but must be a minimum of 300 dpi.

Inside photos can be either landscape or portrait style. Type of photos for interior needed: Interior, exterior, front and rear compartment photos.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember when you e-mail your photo(s) into the Mera Photo Contest please include the following:

E-mail Subject: Mera Contest Submission
Your Full Name
Phone Number
E-mail Address
Year of your Mera

*Remember image(s) can be digital or a scan but must be a minimum of 300 dpi.*

E-mail your image(s) to meracontest@fierofocus.com

*Please include all the above information or your photo(s) may not be submitted into the contest*

Visit www.fierofocus.com for more information or to download the PDF.

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 04-01-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87 Pegasus:
Photo requirements:
Cover Photo, must be a portrait with the subject in the lower third of the frame.

I'm not sure I understand this requirement.
Julian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianDirect Link to This Post
I think they mean lower 2/3.... see the sample pic? They want to use the pic for their cover so they need room at the top for the text etc.....

Think of it as a Mera "PHOTO" Contest.... and not just a Mera Contest.

At least that is what I got out of it.

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Julian:

I think they mean lower 2/3.... see the sample pic? They want to use the pic for their cover so they need room at the top for the text etc.....

Think of it as a Mera "PHOTO" Contest.... and not just a Mera Contest.

At least that is what I got out of it.

Yes it is a Photo contest. I can not upload an image to here from work so when I get home I will post a sample of the magazine cover we did a few issues back.
You can see a sample of a cover on the bottom of the ad at the top of this thread.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
i was wondering, is the whole "issue" dedicated to the Mera??

that would be cool. i got some cool things i could share to fatten up that issue.....let me know.
i got tons of stuff. try Rodney Dickman too....he has a MeraWeb Site.

some of the info is incorrect tho......needs some updating. but thats what the site is for, his words.

i have been waiting for someone to DO something with the Mera and its happening folks, its really happening.
thanks for this contest and the tip of the hat to the Mera.....SOO COOL!!

i appluad you.....

daniel-
Mera X

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-01-2011).]

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

i was wondering, is the whole "issue" dedicated to the Mera??

that would be cool. i got some cool things i could share to fatten up that issue.....let me know.
i got tons of stuff. try Rodney Dickman too....he has a MeraWeb Site.

some of the info is incorrect tho......needs some updating. but thats what the site is for, his words.

i have been waiting for someone to DO something with the Mera and its happening folks, its really happening.
thanks for this contest and the tip of the hat to the Mera.....SOO COOL!!

i appluad you.....

daniel-
Mera X

The issue will have all the main articles such as Bartemeyer's Bits, Gick's Garage, Dr. Detail, Events, etc.
The Mera is the Feature article for this particular issue so it will probably run 4-5 pages out of the 20 page magazine.

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

87 Pegasus

2441 posts
Member since Jun 2001
Here are some examples of the covers we have from our Fiero Focus Magazine to help you out on how to position your Mera or to help with the shot of angle we are looking for, for the cover.

We also need images of interiors, engine compartments, etc. as well to put the interior together as well. You can view a sample of Fiero Focus Magazine on our website as well at www.fierofocus.com

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Here are some examples of the covers we have from our Fiero Focus Magazine to help you out on how to position your Mera or to help with the shot of angle we are looking for, for the cover.

We also need images of interiors, engine compartments, etc. as well to put the interior together as well. You can view a sample of Fiero Focus Magazine on our website as well at www.fierofocus.com

thanks for clearing that up.
one other question from me .....what season is this issue going to be?? you know like a Summer/Fall-Edition?
i want to send pics that are timely for the season to be included in the cover shot hopefuls thats why i ask
heck, i even have winter Mera X photos, truely Red Mera on a white background.....nice

thanks in advance

Daniel-
Mera X

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-02-2011).]

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

thanks for clearing that up.
one other question from me .....what season is this issue going to be?? you know like a Summer/Fall-Edition?
i want to send pics that are timely for the season to be included in the cover shot hopefuls thats why i ask
heck, i even have winter Mera X photos, truely Red Mera on a white background.....nice

thanks in advance

Daniel-
Mera X

The Mera issue will be the September/October issue. It will fall in between the Dell's Run issue and Fierorama 2011 issue.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

The Mera issue will be the September/October issue. It will fall in between the Dell's Run issue and Fierorama 2011 issue.

thank you very much.....lets see late summer early fall...hummm

thanks again

later
Daniel
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
*Bump*

Still looking for those pictures to grace the cover of Fiero Focus Magazine.
PFF
System Bot
Julian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianDirect Link to This Post
....come on snow.....melt already!.... I need to get my MERA pics for Fiero Focus Magazine. Doesn't help that we only get sun a few months a year up here in the Great White North. Good thing I have a flash for my cam eh? Now where did I put my chains for my tires? I'll throw a few cases of Molson in the car for traction. I hope you guys are ready for my pics eh?

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I will try to get some photos next week.

Nelson
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
BUMP!!!!

ohhh yeah.

d
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
bump till the deadline!!

d
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
Mike is still looking for some pictures. Anyone?

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock