Roof drip edge by sporlan
Started on: 03-31-2011 09:53 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: carnut122 on 04-01-2011 11:43 PM
sporlan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sporlanSend a Private Message to sporlanDirect Link to This Post
How many of you guys have removed the drip edge above both doors on roof edge? I removed for sanding and thought about leaving them off. They are not in great shape anyway.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
I did. The car actually looks better without them. Many people do not like removing them because when it rains and your window is opened, the rain simple flows right down into the vehicle. Others have said it makes no difference.
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I did. The car actually looks better without them. Many people do not like removing them because when it rains and your window is opened, the rain simple flows right down into the vehicle. Others have said it makes no difference.

Simple solution to that I thinkā€¦ don't drive it in the rain, and roll the windows up if you get caught in a sudden shower.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I left them off my old GT as well. looked better i think.
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about leaving them off after I paint my car in the next few weeks, hmm. Can't think of many times I'd be driving in the rain with the windows open...

Brad
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
I left them off my car after paint. Looks much better. I do get a little more water in the car if raining and I open the door but it does not bother me much and just looks so clean!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

I had one without. Water does come in. Light rain no problem. But when you get those fat drops then interior gets soaked if you are not careful opening the door (shake it too much). I agree it looks better without.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I removed mine... very much approve of the change.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I left mine off too. After having little success replacing the windshield rubber edging, I left it off too. Personally, I thought it cleaned up the looks of the car quite a bit.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock