car insurance by Shill
Started on: 03-28-2011 07:09 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Shill on 03-29-2011 08:30 PM
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
Shopping for additional insurance to protect the car from vandals, thieves, etc.

I know there arw certain things i should ask so im not getting a package that will pay what the car is wirth instad of what they think market value might be.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
It is worth nothing to insurance companies and i mean nothing they will try pay book value in c condition.
Your buying 1K insurance for your car and to pay for the other car that gets hit.
In Australia f you do hit another car you must agree to sell them your wreck in order for them to pay for either car if they tell you the damage exceeds the market value so anything harder than a supermarket trolley is end of the ride if you cant afford to fix the other car.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergDirect Link to This Post
There are "agreed value" insurance policies where you and the insurance company come to an agreement about exactly what the car is worth when you set up the policy. Instead of "market value".

Here's one such company (I have their policy--have not had to make a claim):
http://www.americancollectors.com/

But they won't insure a "daily driver" and you have to keep the car in an enclosed garage.

?
dutch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dutchSend a Private Message to dutchDirect Link to This Post
i have my other cars and home insured through State Farm and they have a "collector car" division, but car must be at least 25 years old. my '84 SE is insured for agreed value of $4,000 and they set that figure, i didn't. if i wanted it to be more, i had to have a professional appraisal. cost for full coverage for six months...$35.00!
the carch is, there is a mileage limit of 1,000 miles per year. since i have a couple other vehicles and a motorcycle, this was o.k. with me, but if i decide to drive it more, i can up the mileage limit at any time and of course, pay a little more.
other hitch is i'm 66 and have not had any violations or claims for many years.
Dutch
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
I keep my fiero's insured through progressive. The ones that are worth more money I have appraised and they insure it for that value. Right now it costs me under $200 every six months to insure my 87 GT Full coverage and valued at 10K. Other fiero's I have I usually pay about $125 every 6 months for liability only. One of the cheapest cars I have ever had to insure.
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
It would be my daily driver, unfortunately.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock