soundsystem? by tox1cchicken
Started on: 03-16-2011 05:52 PM
Replies: 54
Last post by: Khw on 04-21-2011 04:49 PM
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
That prolly would not work as good as you would like.

I have seen a fiero with one in the front and piped into the cabin. It was less than ok sounding

IP: Logged
tox1cchicken

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
ok. thanks... thats what I thought. now if I went with the behind the seat mounting. based on these specs the RFs shouldwork. if my understanding is right. (I'm still not too sure about most of this, but I like to learn as I go)

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/00/00/06/75/81/61/675816130.pdf

///
Edit,
I guess they may not after looking at them, the smallest is over 4" deep. I'm not sure about how much room is really back there

[This message has been edited by tox1cchicken (edited 03-19-2011).]

Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Depends on how tall you and passengers are hehe.

Without cutting into the firewall like Khw did - you have to decrease leg room

I have seen guys get a fiberglass tube with an 8" sub shoved under the passenger side dash

[This message has been edited by Pappy (edited 03-19-2011).]

tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
heck if thats all I have to worry about. most the people that ride with me aren't more than 5' :P

and they complain because it had more room than they thought it would.
tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post

tox1cchicken

267 posts
Member since Oct 2010

Originally posted by Pappy:
I have seen guys get a fiberglass tube with an 8" sub shoved under the passenger side dash

like this one at the fiero store?
http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=69862&d=170&p=1

If that actually works or sounds ok I may just go with something like that.
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tox1cchicken:

Edit,
I guess they may not after looking at them, the smallest is over 4" deep. I'm not sure about how much room is really back there

Cutting into the firewall the way I did gave me about 5" in depth if I remember correctly. I could have increased it if I made the box extend into the cab more, But I really wanted to limit the impact on seat travel as much as I could while still getting the sound I wanted. Granted that method isn't for everyone, and I wouldn't recomend it for someone with little to no experience constructing and installing enclosures. I'm not saying they couldn't do it, but it would be a challenge.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 03-19-2011).]

tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
so you don't think I'm smart enough.... I'd have to agree. lol

taking a look at the options I'm guessing pappys, flat Boss amp/sub is probably looking like my best options since I'm not sure how much work I am going to be able to put into this. unless you guys have another option.
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Sound should be an after thought, immerse yourself into getting your car road worthy - and things will start to fall into place
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
http://www.amazon.com/Pione...Y/ref=dp_ob_title_ce
http://www.amazon.com/Bosto...id=1291939409&sr=1-1
http://www.sonicelectronix....ustics-GTA-1005.html
http://www.sonicelectronix....n-Acoustics-S35.html
http://www.sonicelectronix....B-Quart-RLP-254.html

That should get you started...

You don't need to have a show winning system for it to sound good and be a pleasure to listen to. Also, you will learn that 2 different brands of very well respected, higher end speakers will sound entirely different. You kinda need to find what sounds good to you. Different strokes for different folks n all that...

Also, I can't vouch for the sub or the 3.5s I posted...

[This message has been edited by TommyRocker (edited 03-19-2011).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

so you don't think I'm smart enough.... I'd have to agree. lol

taking a look at the options I'm guessing pappys, flat Boss amp/sub is probably looking like my best options since I'm not sure how much work I am going to be able to put into this. unless you guys have another option.

Nah, I'm not saying your not smart enough. I'm just saying it isn't easy.

From what I've read on here those who bought the Boss amplified sub like it.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Here's what I came up with....

Bifa tweeter and Peerless mids....

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

PFF
System Bot
tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2011 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
ok, where do I wire a subwoofer into???
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2011 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

ok, where do I wire a subwoofer into???

A little more info please?

Are you talking wiring up the amp, or the woofer to the amp?

Aftermarket stero with RCA outputs or stock stereo?

What kind of amp?

Etc.
tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on getting the boss bass1200, do I need to run separate power to it? what wires do i need to run from the radio to the sub? what is usually included, and what extra will i need?

I have the after market Panasonic radio.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

I'm planning on getting the boss bass1200, do I need to run separate power to it? what wires do i need to run from the radio to the sub? what is usually included, and what extra will i need?

I have the after market Panasonic radio.

Most likely you will have to run a seperate power wire from the battery to the Boss. You will need to run the accessories wire from the head unit to the Boss to tell it to turn on. You will need to run a set of RCA cables from the head unit to the Boss and then probably a short ground wire from the Boss to a close by grounding point ( probably one of the seat studs since it will be closest ). That should do it, shouldn't need to do anything else except mount the Boss behind the seat. However, I'd wait on purchasing the power wires until you get the unit, it may come with them. The RCA's on the other hand probably won't be included.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock