HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY HELP 1987-1988 by fieroseblack
Started on: 03-04-2011 07:14 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: blackrams on 03-04-2011 10:19 PM
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Help,

I need a diagram or picture of the back side of a 1987-1988 headlight bucket assembly. I took both motors, left and right, out and now they are rebuilt but I can't remember where & how all the little triangles and stuff hook up. Now I have a couple of baggies filled with parts.

Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

Thanks,

DARKWING,
aka Mike Parker
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, well, I don't have a drawing but I just rebuilt both of one of my 88 Formulas headlights. Did you remove the entire assembly? Just how far did you go?

I find it easiest to remove the entire assembly and then remove the headlight motors. There are only three bolts holding the motors in the assembly. Two long and one short. Although I know where they each fit, I'm not sure I can accurately describe it but, it you do a little trial and error, it's pretty obvious. Then you have the one bolt on the radius arm, that moves the light up and down. Again, I'm not sure just how far you went but, you don't need to dis-assemble the whole mechanism to pull the motors out.

Might be easiest it you found another Fiero or similar pop up headlights still in a car and take a look before you start putting it all back together.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-04-2011).]

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock