Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tyler Shipman Show Donations and Door Prizes - Now Open! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tyler Shipman Show Donations and Door Prizes - Now Open! by Synthesis
Started on: 03-02-2011 10:16 AM
Replies: 213
Last post by: Vernon8360 on 08-29-2011 09:10 PM
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Morning Bump! Keeping it on the first page.

Edit: Epic Third Page Own!

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 03-11-2011).]

IP: Logged
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
ONLY 141 DAYS LEFT PEOPLE! TIME IS RUNNING OUT! MUST SELL MOAR TICKETS!! MOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR!

Come on people! You can't let all of these high rollers win all of the prizes... We need more participants!

Don't make me go all Geico on your a**...

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 03-11-2011).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
TLG Auto has stepped up with a full LED Interior Upgrade kit for any year Fiero..

This is every light and lamp needed to upgrade your interior lighting..

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I will update the first post.

This is what we will donate:

Full LED Interior Upgrade for all years Fiero:

Level 2 Dome Light LED Kit
Level 2 Floor Light LED Kit
Level 2 Trunk Light LED Upgrade
Ash Tray and Auto-Shifter Light LED Upgrade
Third Brake Light LED Upgrade
Under-Hood Light LED Upgrade
License Plate Lights LED Upgrade

This is a $178 package.

I was one of the first to do a full LED interior lighting upgrade on my Fiero, and the difference was stunning, to say the least.
My car is daily driven, winter and summer, and the LEDs have lasted forever with no issues...
GrandmaC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrandmaCSend a Private Message to GrandmaCDirect Link to This Post
Sent money Chris Hope it worked
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GrandmaC:

Sent money Chris Hope it worked

Got it! Thanks! First post updated, and spreadsheet updated...
I had a very busy day today, installing my hidden receiver hitch on the Fiero.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
TTT
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post
Sent a donation via Pay Pal (first time I sent $ out hope it works)

This is just a BUMP to get more donations.

Hope to make it to the show this year. I have made the Tyler Shipman Carshow flyers availibe to our local auto club & will get some into the local parts storess also.

------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
stumpkin, received, and updated the first post.

We have now hit $1200 bucks in donations!!

Lots of awesome prizes to draw for, only a relatively small amount of tickets... We need to increase the efforts...

If you are a member of a club and have a club meeting coming up, please PLEASE pass the word on some of the great prizes and what we are doing here.
Not everyone is on PFF... But for those of us that are, we can spread the word.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
T
T
T

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Holy smokes that is a bright interior. I had no idea that these bulbs made that big of a difference.

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. The LEDs make a HUGE difference with lighting. Everything is much more visible, well lit. No more dark spots when you drop your cell phone on the floor.
Bill-Cotter

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bill-CotterSend a Private Message to Bill-CotterDirect Link to This Post
Bump
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Dropping of the plaque we had made for the school to show the scholarship recipients in years to come. Thought you might like to see it. You have already raised enough for 2 scholarships and are on the way to a third. Awesome!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Very nice to say the least. My guess is, this year you may have the ability to increase the size of gift. How are the recipients chosen?
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Very nice to say the least. My guess is, this year you may have the ability to increase the size of gift. How are the recipients chosen?

We are given the applications from the students, read through them, and select the recipients. the only criteria at this point is that they need to be attending secondary education. we talked about going up with the amount but plan on keeping it at two 500 awards. left over monies just collect and save for the next years. last year we actually selected more on emotion than anything... Nathan was Tyler's best buddy since they were little tykes and Kari was also a good friend of Tyler's and he thought a lot of her and she helped quite a lot in the fundraising for our family. They both are good students and currently attending college.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

We are given the applications from the students, read through them, and select the recipients. the only criteria at this point is that they need to be attending secondary education. we talked about going up with the amount but plan on keeping it at two 500 awards. left over monies just collect and save for the next years. last year we actually selected more on emotion than anything... Nathan was Tyler's best buddy since they were little tykes and Kari was also a good friend of Tyler's and he thought a lot of her and she helped quite a lot in the fundraising for our family. They both are good students and currently attending college.

The plaque looks wonderful.

I am also hoping that we can get a lot more going on the fund raising here... NIFE is interviewing me on Saturday for their Club Meeting, and I am going to see if I can plug the fund raising effort with the prizes to help increase what we take in for the show.

Wam3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wam3Send a Private Message to Wam3Direct Link to This Post
PayPal sent.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
What is this doing on Page 2?!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I know there is a copy of this years flyer on www.tylerstoy.com which will be useful in getting the word out about the gathering in Frazee. It does mention the money from the registration fee going to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship fund however there are no instructions on the website for anyone who wishes to donate. I think if some of Synthesis' first post prose on page 1 of this thread, about donations and door prises and how to donate to the cause were on Tyler's website, could help to raise more funds. Granted most of the door prises are Fiero specific but instructions could be added if someone wished just to make a donation and not actually enter the arena of competing for door prizes. I am sure many of us have family and friends who would wish to give. I would like to send them to Tyler's website where they could easily find out a Paypal address or where to mail a check

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-16-2011).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Donation sent.............
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Donation sent.............

PM sent. I need some information from you.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

I know there is a copy of this years flyer on www.tylerstoy.com which will be useful in getting the word out about the gathering in Frazee. It does mention the money from the registration fee going to the Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship fund however there are no instructions on the website for anyone who wishes to donate. I think if some of Synthesis' first post prose on page 1 of this thread, about donations and door prises and how to donate to the cause were on Tyler's website, could help to raise more funds. Granted most of the door prises are Fiero specific but instructions could be added if someone wished just to make a donation and not actually enter the arena of competing for door prizes. I am sure many of us have family and friends who would wish to give. I would like to send them to Tyler's website where they could easily find out a Paypal address or where to mail a check

From my blog http://daneeleshipman.blogspot.com/ - I will ask Danyel to post it on tylertoy.com If paypal is preferred funds could be paypaled to me and I can drop off a check, but then I don't think it would be tax deductible.
TYLER SHIPMAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP

Checks payable to: Frazee Area Action Fund
Note Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship in check memo

Frazee High School
ATTN: Ta Fett
305 North Lake Street
Frazee, MN 56544

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Vernon has a good point..

I WOULD like to keep the door prizes in this thread specific to the Fiero community as a whole, but would like to broaden the ability to take donations from those who can't attend but are willing to help out.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Great. The easier the better. Weither it's paypal, money order, cash or check, if the information is there, then anyone can pick the easiest way to give they are most comfortable with.....and let them worry how to deduct it. We just want to fill the coffers to over flowing. You can always remove the donation stuff after the show and put it back up again when we start planning for 2012

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 03-16-2011).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Tylers Toy will soon have a donations link .... still workin on the dreamteam section and tylers bio....

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-18-2011).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Tylers Toy will soon have a donations link .... still workin on the dreamteam section and tylers bio....

DREAMTEAM COME ON STILL WAITING!!!!! the most wanted list is coming out again !!!!!

if any of these non-picture-submitting dream team members show up at the car show this summer I am going to make them wear a dress and red lipstick for a picture to post on the Tyler web site... so there
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

DREAMTEAM COME ON STILL WAITING!!!!! the most wanted list is coming out again !!!!!

Danyel, just put up what you have for right now. Use it to guilt the others into the picture you need.. If their spot is missing, it is their own fault.
Just put what you have up now so that the site is closer to finished.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Bump!
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I think the red lipstick is a great idea. It just needs to be expanded, just a bit, to be an effective threat.
Of course, you need to get the before and after shots for the web site. In addition, we can tape the entire episode for local TV. Synthesis has enough on his plate getting things organized so I would think Hulki could be the host of the show. He should have enough time on his drive out to create and rehearse an opening monologue. Of course that will inflict some marital stress in his life. Can you imagine how many times she’ll have to listen to that?
DIY_STU is going to be the go to guy for stage construction; I picture something very original, imaginative and automotive with an emphasis on Pontiac, strong on the Fiero. He will be working closely with Danyel on any special effects, graphics and any large, simulated explosions that may be needed. Maybe a live, streaming video feed to the Fiero Forum….just food for thought.
We'll need to volunteer someone as the hosts’ sidekick; you know, the forever happy guy to make the introductions at the beginning and to laugh uncontrollably whenever there are any words that could be construed as a joke. Perfect….Picture: PK in a tux, complete with cumber bun, black bowtie and a small Pontiac badge on the lapel. Just imagine: The Pontiac Excitement theme music from the ’80 gets louder. And PK’s voice from off stage: “Live from Frazee, Mn. It’s the Absent Dream Team Members make over show brought to you by Pontiac Fiero. Hulki’s guest tonight will be the locally famous make-over artist Nellie Shipman. (pause here for massive applause) Nellie has brought her hand cuffs, duct tape and industrial strength powders and creams to transform a number of normally shy, yet talented individuals from all over the country into the upstanding, outgoing media hogs they should be. And sooo, without further delay, heeeeerrrrrrrrreeee’’’ssssss Hulki !!!!”
Of course Hulki will have to have the full ‘80’s hair, walk out from behind the curtain, held open by JohnWPB (who will be wrapped in the Fiero quilt he won as a “door prize”) Hulki will turn to the camera with a sly smile and say “ Do you want to see something really exciting? We’ll be right back after these words from our sponsors.”
You can see where this is going. Feel free to add to The Missing Members embarrassment. But you know, with a little effort this could actually work…..very scarry!
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post

I think the red lipstick is a great idea. It just needs to be expanded, just a bit, to be an effective threat.
Of course, you need to get the before and after shots for the web site. In addition, we can tape the entire episode for local TV. Synthesis has enough on his plate getting things organized so I would think Hulki could be the host of the show. He should have enough time on his drive out to create and rehearse an opening monologue. Of course that will inflict some marital stress in his life. Can you imagine how many times she’ll have to listen to that?
DIY_STU is going to be the go to guy for stage construction; I picture something very original, imaginative and automotive with an emphasis on Pontiac, strong on the Fiero. He will be working closely with Danyel on any special effects, graphics and any large, simulated explosions that may be needed. Maybe a live, streaming video feed to the Fiero Forum….just food for thought.
We'll need to volunteer someone as the hosts’ sidekick; you know, the forever happy guy to make the introductions at the beginning and to laugh uncontrollably whenever there are any words that could be construed as a joke. Perfect….Picture: PK in a tux, complete with cumber bun, black bowtie and a small Pontiac badge on the lapel. Just imagine: The Pontiac Excitement theme music from the ’80 gets louder. And PK’s voice from off stage: “Live from Frazee, Mn. It’s the Absent Dream Team Members make over show brought to you by Pontiac Fiero. Hulki’s guest tonight will be the locally famous make-over artist Nellie Shipman. (pause here for massive applause) Nellie has brought her hand cuffs, duct tape and industrial strength powders and creams to transform a number of normally shy, yet talented individuals from all over the country into the upstanding, outgoing media hogs they should be. And sooo, without further delay, heeeeerrrrrrrrreeee’’’ssssss Hulki !!!!”
Of course Hulki will have to have the full ‘80’s hair, walk out from behind the curtain, held open by JohnWPB (who will be wrapped in the Fiero quilt he won as a “door prize”) Hulki will turn to the camera with a sly smile and say “ Do you want to see something really exciting? We’ll be right back after these words from our sponsors.”
You can see where this is going. Feel free to add to The Missing Members embarrassment. But you know, with a little effort this could actually work…..very scarry!

Did you people ever consider that maybe some of the dream team did not help on this project for recognition and that maybe they do not want to be in the limelight? That is all I am going to say on the subject.

[This message has been edited by Fiero STS (edited 03-17-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Fiero STS .... no recognition in all of this.......... its called a human helping a human ... we are not putting this online for any RECOGNITION....
Danyel

EDITED:
Well this is too much of a hassle.... I will only put on the web page the names and PFF nicks ..... I want Tylers site to be unform and sleek. To all that have sent your pics ... sorry change of plan
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-18-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, you can't force people to put images of themselves on the web if they don't want them to be there.
Everyone who participated did so for their own reasons...
Go ahead and put the site together and just put a "No photo" icon for the ones who do not want them..

Also, 2.5 has upped the ante quite a bit with a huge donation of 250 dollars to the cause! We have now topped 1500 dollars.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Back to page 1 from page 2.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

We have now topped 1500 dollars.

SWEET!

doug.s upped the ante I just met it
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Just flushed 3 months of programming and photo editing down the tubes... Tylers site DreamTeam section will only have the the names
Danyel
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Just flushed 3 months of programming and photo editing down the tubes... Tylers site DreamTeam section will only have the the names
Danyel

Thank you for the hard work on the site.. Don't toss all the extra work away, and please keep this thread positive.

Chris

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
We all appreciate everything you have done out of the goodness of your heart Danyel

Hope to see you at the 2011 Memorial Carshow!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Nothing negative said there Chris .... had only 24% of the pics wanted..... so that will take les time to finish the build section ....
2.5 yeppp I'll be there wont miss it this time..... get my pic taken with The Toy
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Back to pg 1
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock