Pretty sure this guy was wrong by kellisor20
Started on: 02-27-2011 01:06 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: kellisor20 on 02-27-2011 02:45 AM
kellisor20

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Direct Link to This Post
Well I was in autozone the other day. One of the guys behind the counter asked me what kind of car I had, since I said it was a unique car. I told him the usual "86 pontiac fiero gt". He then told me after he laughed saying "No thats not unique at all" I asked him if he knew of any other mid engine american sports cars. He ignored that then said "now the 84 and 85's those are unique since they have a lifetime transferable warranty on the motor" I said "yeah okay" and left since I am pretty sure that is BS. Anyone else hear about that mythical warranty? To me it sounds like a unicorn. It would be wicked to have, but its never gonna happen for obvious reasons.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Rofl, Ithink he needs to stop sniffing exhaust fumes. He is probably thinking lifetime guarantee on some cheapo replacement electrical motor they sell.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 02-27-2011).]

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
More likely the recall...
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
He's thinking about the recalls. I think all of the 84 engines were eligible for replacement. (Nobody shoot me if I'm wrong. K?)
Recalls "technically" are good forever. Of course, after the bankruptcy, I suspect that they can tell everyone to go and pound sand. (Not sure. Just a guess.)
But to stretch that into a "lifetime warranty"? I wan't some of what he's smoking.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fastback

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I think all of the 84 engines were eligible for replacement.

Replacement or just the new dipstick and such?
kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Direct Link to This Post
Yeah thats what I thought too and I even went in today to pick up a few other parts and asked him if he meant the recall but he said "Nope I meant and said warranty" lol I decided not to be an ass and ask him if there was anything like that for my brothers 67 oldsmobile toronado haha

------------------
86 2.8 gt

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kellisor20:

Well I was in autozone the other day.

Your first mistake right there...

[This message has been edited by datacop (edited 02-27-2011).]

kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Direct Link to This Post
Haha You've got me there, but Napa was closed. It seems you don't need any real automotive knowledge to work at autozone. IMHO a salesman should know more about what they're selling than the customer.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Next time you're in there. Ask him for a price on new rotors for your 1983 Corvette.
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
around my area there is a autozone just about a mile and a half from my house so i used to go there, but after finding out that everyone there has no idea what their talking about (not even about brakes lol), i decided to drive another ten miles down the road every time to napa or oreilly's, with much better service
kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Direct Link to This Post
Nice Stu lol I bet he would have just looked at me really confused after the computer didn't turn anything up. Yeah I go to napa when I can unless the very attractive woman is working when I go into autozone for a price check (Theres about a fifty dollar difference on the price of a fuel pressure regulator at napa and autozone which I do love napa and am willing to pay a couple of extra bucks for the service but not fifty lol at that much id expect them to wash my car for my business)

------------------
86 2.8 gt

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock