Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Wasn't there supposed to be a Fiero Hot Wheels release this year?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Wasn't there supposed to be a Fiero Hot Wheels release this year? by Curlrup
Started on: 02-26-2011 04:51 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: zefferk on 09-21-2011 04:03 PM
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
I could have sworn someone posted about a Fiero Hot Wheels release this year. Anyone know anything?

Thanks
Curly
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about it seeing a re-release this year, as it's not on the current list of Hot Wheels cars to be released. The last version released was in 2007 as part of he "40 Years of Hot Wheels" set (it was the 1985 car).
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
I think the fiero release was the one with the big mudder type wheels and all the guns mounted onto it. I saw several of them but I didn't get any, It's not a good representation of a fiero
Curlrup

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CurlrupSend a Private Message to CurlrupDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm ok I keep looking for one but never found one in my local Target. I must have heard wrong. Just means more Ferraris for me.
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
There was a version of the Fiero called the Sting Rod. The last release of that car was in 2010. Also in 2010 they released a Sting Rod II that was not based on the Fiero. The Sting Rod II is slated to be released this year as part of the Video Game Hero set as number 4 in the set. I think there was some confusion because of the Sting Rod name. The last Hot Wheels Fiero was part of the 2008 40 Years of Hot Wheels Set.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
there was one that on the hotwheels said 1985 pontiac it ended up being a 198 grand prix not a fiero. :-(
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

I think the fiero release was the one with the big mudder type wheels and all the guns mounted onto it. I saw several of them but I didn't get any, It's not a good representation of a fiero

Yes, I've seen this one at the store a couple of times. Ugly as sin sadly.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
There was to be 4 cars released as a sunt group. I have seen one of the group but not the Fiero. I would assume like the other 3 the Fiero will just be a rerelease of the 84 2M4.
Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Curlrup:

I must have heard wrong.

Nope, you didn't hear wrong, I heard it too, or read it here anyway. I was JUST telling my son last night in Wally World that they said there was supposed to be a Fiero released last year,but I never saw it.

Kevin

MattMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MattManSend a Private Message to MattManDirect Link to This Post
Hot Wheels did release a new (or redone) tooling for the Fiero. It has come out in their remake of the "Hot Ones" from the '80's. I like it, it has the old hot ones wheels which was a favorite of mine.
I found one in a Target store, but be on the lookout for them. I am terrible at posting pics on here, but I will try to once I get home.

These are out now, keep a lookout for them!
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
I'm still waiting for a Formula body-style Hot Wheels... not holding my breath, though. They probably just reuse the same mold for every re-release...
PFF
System Bot
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
In this day and age, I find it strange you can't just order one from their site - know what I mean?

Or a custom car (using an existing mold) for 10 bucks or somethin'...
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
there is a new fiero with new tooling and it says fiero gt on the side in correct letters it is still the same car hot wheels has always had though.
Xyster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XysterSend a Private Message to XysterDirect Link to This Post
Perhaps someone (or multiple people) can forward this thread to Mattel to show them there is interest in Fiero Hotwheels.

$.02 in the jar.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
There is a re-release of the old 84 2m4 model colored in Red with flag markings and gold wheels from Hot Wheels. It is a "the hot ones" release. I've not seen any in the stores as of yet, but you can see it on eBay. Instead of releasing it as a normal Hot Wheel, they made it a "special" release that costs $2.49 instead of the $.99. There are four or five different sets of eight different cars released at different times during the year. The one with the fiero was released in August. Like I said earlier though, I've not seen it anywhere on the West as of yet...not Toys'R'us, Wally world, Kmart, Target... Either someone is getting them before they get on the shelf, or they just haven't made it to my neck of the woods.

Google "hot wheels hot ones" and you'll find 'em!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock