Started on: 02-25-2011 11:01 AM
Replies: 40
Last post by: batousai666 on 11-25-2011 01:40 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I have an offer from a guy looking to build a Mera Registry/history web page. I'm sure I will take him up on this. Anyone will be able to supply information and help with the layout and design etc.

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fieromaineac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacDirect Link to This Post
You have my vote!

Dana
Mera 8151
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Rodney,

I would like to contribute Mera information and help with the web page design if I know enough to be effective.

Nelson
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I bought the domain name: pontiacmera.com

I have to get a web page hosting place yet. I'll do that soon.

I have a guy that is going to do some basic starting pages and we can start to add to them and redo them anyway we want to.

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 02-28-2011).]

steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Direct Link to This Post
Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
Great idea! Not sure how much work it would entail, but it would be cool to have a map where one could see at-a-glance (with a red dot, of course) where all the Mera's are hiding out.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
This is great! Maybe it will bring more Mera owners out of the woodwork!
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post
Greeting all,

I offered to help Rodney build this site for you guys. So what I would like are some basic color ideas on what it should look like. So if you wouldn't mind answering a few questions I will post a link to the test site and get the design aspect rolling.

1: colors (background color, text color, trim color) I usually ask for three basic colors that flow with the topic of the website. Most common would be the colors of the logo.
2: menu layout (left side, right side, top or a combo of the three)
3: functions (for right now ideas on what you would like the site to do like the above mentioned map of where the Mera's live) All functions would need to be approved by Rodney but it does hurt to have them listed.

As time goes on the website will be molded into something that you all envision but keep in mind not everyone will have a direct say in everything. Rodney will be the final say so to speak but please don't hesitate to offer ideas. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I will respond as quickly as I am able.

-Patrick
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
How about a light gray background with a top menu. I would also like to see a picture of the vehicle with at least the Mera build number included.

Nelson
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post
Would anyone care to donate some large pictures of some Mera's to help in a nice header image? My initial thoughts were to use gray black and red but my opinion really isn't the standard LoL. Keep the ideas coming and I will start with a gray background.
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Miach

110 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Ok this is what I threw together from another theme for Wordpress. http://mera.web44.net/ Pretty basic but easily changeable so let me know.
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Let me know what you want and I can provide some decent Mera pictures (10-12 mp).

Nelson

Originally posted by Miach:

Would anyone care to donate some large pictures of some Mera's to help in a nice header image? My initial thoughts were to use gray black and red but my opinion really isn't the standard LoL. Keep the ideas coming and I will start with a gray background.

Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

Let me know what you want and I can provide some decent Mera pictures (10-12 mp).

Nelson

Send as much as you would like to my email mr2miach@gmail.com. Thank you btw cause without pictures things look pretty plain.
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for some pictures that are larger than what is allowed here in the forums. mr2miach@gmail.com
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Miach

110 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Rick 88

Thank you very much for the pictures. They have been placed in the Gallery section of http://mera.web44.net/ (which is currently a test site).

So anyone else want to send in some pictures? hint hint nudge nudge
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Wow Patrick. That was fast. I'm number 1....I'm number 1.....
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Wow Patrick. That was fast. I'm number 1....I'm number 1.....

LoL! Of course it might get moved but for now you are number 1!
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Rodney, if your still looking for a webhost I can get you a year for 9.95 through a referral from my account. PM me if your interested.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
Patrick has added some information. For now the front page is that of fiero.net. Jim Lund and myself did that page many years ago. I bought web page space so later this week www.pontiacmera.com should be going.

Any suggestions and additions will be considered. I don't have a lot of free time but I'll try to submit stuff as I can.

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post
For the folks wanting to or are sending in pictures of their Mera's, please consider writing a nice paragraph about the cars history. If you look at Rick 88's in http://mera.web44.net/gallery/ you will see the type of paragraph I am referring to. I think it adds to the details about the Mera's on more of a personal level and gives the viewers something to enjoy along with pictures.

I am currently working on the Mera logo to place in the header, nothing big, just something to carry over the look. If anyone has a font that is Mera style or close to it please send it my way.

Thanks to all that have helped so far and can't wait to hear from the rest of you.

-Patrick
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I will get some pictures this week and send them to you. I can supply current pictures for three Meras (1988 and two 1987s) and have one more in an off site location. I have a few pictures of this one but it is partially disassembled and acquiring a new 383 engine at this time. I can provide pictures of it also but in a lesser quality format. You can decide to use them or not.

One of the 1987 Meras has been converted to a F308 configuration and has C4 seats installed along with a turbo.

Nelson

Originally posted by Miach:

For the folks wanting to or are sending in pictures of their Mera's, please consider writing a nice paragraph about the cars history. If you look at Rick 88's in http://mera.web44.net/gallery/ you will see the type of paragraph I am referring to. I think it adds to the details about the Mera's on more of a personal level and gives the viewers something to enjoy along with pictures.

I am currently working on the Mera logo to place in the header, nothing big, just something to carry over the look. If anyone has a font that is Mera style or close to it please send it my way.

Thanks to all that have helped so far and can't wait to hear from the rest of you.

-Patrick

PFF
System Bot
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I will get some pictures this week and send them to you. I can supply current pictures for three Meras (1988 and two 1987s) and have one more in an off site location. I have a few pictures of this one but it is partially disassembled and acquiring a new 383 engine at this time. I can provide pictures of it also but in a lesser quality format. You can decide to use them or not.

One of the 1987 Meras has been converted to a F308 configuration and has C4 seats installed along with a turbo.

Nelson

Send whatever you would like. Don't forget to make a paragraph for them as well
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Miach

110 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Thanks goes out once again to those who sent in pictures and descriptions!

Since things are moving along smoothly I figured I would let everyone see the actual live site now. http://pontiacmera.com/ it is by no means finished and still needs lots more Mera pictures and information. Please feel free to visit the site and let me know if there is something that needs added or corrected.

-Patrick
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Miach

110 posts
Member since Jan 2008
"Fiero-in-Paradise Idea"

I have also installed a Google Map Locator that will put a pin over the area for the address I enter. Tested with only the City, State, and Zip Code and it works great. So if you want to add your Mera to the map send me either a PM or email with...

1: Mera Serial Number
2: City
3: State
4 Zip Code

For those of you outside the country please send the same information but based on your countries system and I will do my best to get it listed. This will not show your exact address so nobody will be able to commit grand theft of your pride and joy.
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, awesome start-up on the web page!

I pm'd you the info. LOL...I guess for Nelson, you'll have to just put one HUGE dot on the map for his Mera herd.

Is there a standard "size" on the photos that we send you? Most of mine were taken on VGA mode on my camera to make it easier to post on PFF. But I also got some pics that are like 12 Meg, taken with my son's professional Nikon setup. I'll try and send a write-up and pics this weekend.

Edit: The single Car and Driver article does not "open up" to be able to read the entire item. I'll e-mail you the articles that I have scanned into PDF.

Edit: Hey Rick, I am sooooo jealous of your interior!! Original 88 leather seats too! LOL...hey I think I saw a little spot of dust on one of the pics! Nah, J/K...

Thanks!
Tom

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 03-09-2011).]

Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post

Fiero-in-Paradise

540 posts
Member since May 2006
Patrick,

As odd as it may seem, I'm thinking that there may be Mera owners out there that will see the site and not PFF. So I'm thinking perhaps a Webmaster tab or button where people can hit and take them directly to Outlook to e-mail you their write-ups and send photos?

Tom
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

Patrick, awesome start-up on the web page!

I pm'd you the info. LOL...I guess for Nelson, you'll have to just put one HUGE dot on the map for his Mera herd.

Is there a standard "size" on the photos that we send you? Most of mine were taken on VGA mode on my camera to make it easier to post on PFF. But I also got some pics that are like 12 Meg, taken with my son's professional Nikon setup. I'll try and send a write-up and pics this weekend.

Edit: The single Car and Driver article does not "open up" to be able to read the entire item. I'll e-mail you the articles that I have scanned into PDF.

Thanks!
Tom

Tom,

First, thank you. Second, yes Nelson has a family of Mera's Third i would prefer the larger files because I can size them down as needed. Last but certainly not least, any info you can send I will be sure to get it posted.

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

Patrick,

As odd as it may seem, I'm thinking that there may be Mera owners out there that will see the site and not PFF. So I'm thinking perhaps a Webmaster tab or button where people can hit and take them directly to Outlook to e-mail you their write-ups and send photos?

Tom

Tom,

I agree with your findings and will talk it over with Rodney when I get a chance. I certainly can add a simple contact page that allows for picture upload, and all that you mentioned. Thank you for all that you have sent so far and I added you to the map. Will add myself so it displays correctly until we get a second Mera to take my place.

-Patrick
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacDirect Link to This Post
Patrick,

Will the PontiacMera.com website include a forum for the Mera community to chat?

Dana (Mera 8151)
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaineac:

Patrick,

Will the PontiacMera.com website include a forum for the Mera community to chat?

Dana (Mera 8151)

I have been thinking about this but would be best to ask Rodney if he wants it on the site. It would be easy enough to add a simple one but Rodney has the final say. So what say you sir Rodney?

-Patrick
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Miach

110 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Hey everyone,

Sorry no updates to the site today. Kinda overwhelmed with work right now install new computers in a new building, with a new network, and new help. So with that much new stuff you know either it will take forever and all go smooth, or take forever and all break along the way. Look for more updates this weekend.

-Patrick
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post
Bump back to the top.

Sent Rodney an email about the Forum on the site. Also, we need more people to add to the Map and to submit pictures of their cars along with a paragraph and serial number(s). If you have any ideas or questions just let me or Rodney know.

-Patrick
PFF
System Bot
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
Patrick, two e-mails sent with a write-up and photos.

C'mon Mera owners!! Add to the site!!
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post
Thomas,

Emails received and pictures along with the bio you sent are now posted. Thank you very much!

-Patrick
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacDirect Link to This Post
Just another throught - Any way to post Corporate Concept's build records so we the current (or past) owners can research our cars?
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Just another throught - Any way to post Corporate Concept's build records so we the current (or past) owners can research our cars?

That can easily be done if someone has that information for me.

-Patrick
Fieromaineac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacDirect Link to This Post
I believe Rodney has all the Corporate Concept build data ......... He's the one we go to, to verify Fiero VIN to Mera build number. I believe the Corporate Concept records also show dealership and original owner, if the warranty card was returned. So with the establishment of the Mera registry, I believe Bracey gave a copy of these records to Rodney.
Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

I believe Rodney has all the Corporate Concept build data ......... He's the one we go to, to verify Fiero VIN to Mera build number. I believe the Corporate Concept records also show dealership and original owner, if the warranty card was returned. So with the establishment of the Mera registry, I believe Bracey gave a copy of these records to Rodney.

Excellent and would love to put up that info for you all. I am still waiting to hear back from Rodney so my guess is he has been busy lately.

-Patrick
Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianDirect Link to This Post
Patrick,

OK, now that I have it all figured out.....phew...

Rodney is the "head honcho" for this pontiacmera.com web site.... you are the right hand man that is volunteering to do a lot of the grunt work.

If you need anything please let me know. I am currently trying to see if my scanner character recognition software will work for scanning the old newsletters.
This can save you a lot of time. I'll know more this weekend.

Keep up the great work.

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

Miach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiachClick Here to visit Miach's HomePageSend a Private Message to MiachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Julian:

Patrick,

OK, now that I have it all figured out.....phew...

Rodney is the "head honcho" for this pontiacmera.com web site.... you are the right hand man that is volunteering to do a lot of the grunt work.

If you need anything please let me know. I am currently trying to see if my scanner character recognition software will work for scanning the old newsletters.
This can save you a lot of time. I'll know more this weekend.

Keep up the great work.

Julian,

Yep Rodney is the boss man for this website. What he says goes but he is a good boss. Anyway, thank you for your submission and it has been posted. I adjusted the verbage a little and made the cat correction for you as well. Please feel free to send me all the items you wish and as soon as I have the time they will get posted.

Thanks again and take care.
-Patrick
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Unfortunately no such records exist as far as I know. My VIN list is the VIN and original owners address and I only have at best half of them.

Rodney
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock