Fiero Limo ideas.... by Foxy Fiero13
Started on: 02-23-2011 06:38 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: ALJR on 03-22-2011 07:14 PM
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
For those of you who dont know who i am yet im Mike or Foxy Fiero13 and i recently bought the Fiero Limo from Archie. Its been sitting in my drive way for almost a month now no work has started yet but when i do ill post a build thread which will start as soon as this snow goes away. im just thinking of ideas for it right now and i think we might turn it in to a notch back with a whaletail only because there are more parts available for a notchie in our area but we arent 100% sure on it i just really wanna take a poll whould u prefer a fast back no spoiler or a notchie whaletail limo

heres the limo now as a fast back
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
You need to construct a new roof for the car first before worrying about fastback coupe conversions. Just my 2 cents..
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
ill have that covered as soon as a non sunroof fiero goes in to the junk yard
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure I have a non sunroof fiero roof that is cut off/broken off part way down the a-pillars. It's yours for free if you want it, I'll check to see for sure if I have it at my storage building if you're interested. I'll be driving down I 94 to and from Illinios this weekend. Let me know
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
well the fastbak looks great but if its easier and cheaper go notchie
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
when it warms up take a drive over this way, gibsons has 18 fieros in it right now and they will prob have more after the next rawhide boys ranch auction, in some of the notchies they have are perfect rear ends with good tail lights also their is two caddi limos they just got in and are unmolested so far.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Suicide rear doors
large cloth sunroof
20 gallon gas tank with the front in stock location to allow extra room between rear seats and balance

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 02-23-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I would keep the GT and add the wing... only because people would be more of "WTH?" then in a notch. the notch will make it look like a caddy with an odd front end from the side.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Fastback, with spoiler.
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

I'm pretty sure I have a non sunroof fiero roof that is cut off/broken off part way down the a-pillars. It's yours for free if you want it, I'll check to see for sure if I have it at my storage building if you're interested. I'll be driving down I 94 to and from Illinios this weekend. Let me know

haha driving to archies im guessing im going to be in the dells this weekend but if u wanna hold on to it we can always plan something out for a weekend or something
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

haha driving to archies im guessing im going to be in the dells this weekend but if u wanna hold on to it we can always plan something out for a weekend or something

ok, I'll check to make sure I still have it. I drive down to Illinios every other weekend so I'm sure we can work something out
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
sweet sounds like a plan
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

when it warms up take a drive over this way, gibsons has 18 fieros in it right now and they will prob have more after the next rawhide boys ranch auction, in some of the notchies they have are perfect rear ends with good tail lights also their is two caddi limos they just got in and are unmolested so far.

Jets~Stop telling everybody!!! LOL

By the way, Do they have any 88's?

Steve
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
i might be able 2 save 2 junk gt lenses i have to make a set of gt taillights
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I am of the opinion that you should stay fastback anf add a wing. That would be a freakin sexy fiero limo!
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Jets~Stop telling everybody!!! LOL

By the way, Do they have any 88's?

Steve

atleast 3 tmk
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
go notchie...imho as a fastback it looks...less exotic like that. Try to make the roof straight if you can...that's my big thing.

Oh and put a good power plant in there...limos are more fun when they're fast =)
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
You know, if you were a little closer or i in better financial situations i would be there even when you WEREN'T working on it just to see it done

Oh and stick with the Notchie look. Looks cooler than a GT rear end and i will buy the GT rear and taillights off of you or trade you the rear clip and lights off the 87 Steve has when i buy it off of him.

[This message has been edited by Ramsespride (edited 02-24-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
First off. Drop the limo idea and opt for the Fiero 2+2 Concept and go fastback. Otherwise, keeping it as a limo IMHO is too much. Besides, the rumors will be flying and nobody will want to ride in a Limo Fiero due to the lies regarding the fires. Thant's my .02 cents.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Limos always have a 'formal' or squared off roofline. Id change it to a coupe body. Also do what the coach builders do to make the roof easier.....they put on a padded vinyl top.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
So how does one get into the back of the Fierrrrrrrrro? I don't see any back doors.
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Limos always have a 'formal' or squared off roofline. Id change it to a coupe body. Also do what the coach builders do to make the roof easier.....they put on a padded vinyl top.

ew no never haha
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post

Foxy Fiero13

1496 posts
Member since Mar 2008

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

So how does one get into the back of the Fierrrrrrrrro? I don't see any back doors.

right now its only the 2 front doors and its only gonna be a 4 seater do to there being a tunnel down the whole middle once work begins you will see what i mean
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I would consider a Hi-Top over the rear if it going to be a limo make it comfortable it doesn't look silly over stretched taxis and as made of fiberglass would easily mold in. The roof line tapers to the rear this would fix up that look and give it functionality.
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
You need to put The 'Zimmer' front end on it!!!!!!!!!!!
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Two words... Hot Tub.
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

I think a few things would help it right away.

Take and put spacers on the metal to create a flat roofline from the front to the back. You will have to adjust the sunroofs to line it all up.

Put scissor doors on the front, and gullwing style doors on the back.

any extra things added to the body such as large spoilers, widebody kits, or even front hood vents will look out of place, and make the car look "gaudy" too many. It already has a lot added with the stretch, in my opinion anything beyond that looks wise will be too much.

I wish I had the funds to undertake this project. I would be loving it.

Brad
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
Suicide Lambo Doors.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

Put scissor doors on the front, and gullwing style doors on the back.

Brad

Scissors no. Suicide yes.

Gullwings on the back heck yes. But that might require a full tube cage to be built into the car to help with flexing and to overall just beef up the car. Ive been in some older limos that i could actually see the window glass shift in the frame on a turn due to body flex and roll.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Flatten the floor pan in the back section and take out the tunnel.

Go with bench seats in the back.

[This message has been edited by datacop (edited 03-01-2011).]

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

datacop

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Oh.. and as far as engine swap..

At least a caddy 4.9.. plenty of torque to get the beast rolling and enough "umph" to move her down the road..

For more style, go with a N*..

:-D
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
the gas tank is still in the original spot on the back half of the fiero
Kento

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
This looks like it will be a fun one to watch!

------------------

88 Formula CJB Arrived Finally. #689 of 1252
Time to start Working TONY!
There are Two kinds of Fiero's : Notchies and Donors!

tox1cchicken

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tox1cchickenSend a Private Message to tox1cchickenDirect Link to This Post
I would love it if it was longer. and more usable looking. :P
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-21-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Only for refernce. Good luck.

Tony
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
That car has changed hands a few times. I believe this car was started by
The Prezzz and Fiero John-WI. Chester had it for a while, and then Archie had it.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...020118-1-009834.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 03-21-2011).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
+1 for straightening out the roofline - it looks abhorrent as it is because of the way the stock Fiero roof is curved. Flattening it out at least through the middle section would do wonders.

Could be a wickedly nice looking machine when it's all done, but there needs to be a lot of bodywork done to get it looking slick.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Just put a body kit on and make it a roadster......

Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Also do what the coach builders do to make the roof easier.....they put on a padded vinyl top.

They also do this to hide the body flex.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock