found allante intake setup at junkyard by ghost187x
Started on: 02-21-2011 09:00 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Raydar on 02-21-2011 10:49 PM
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post

i only got the upper intake and throttle body. does anybody know what these go for ? i did not have time to get the rest of the setup.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I responded to your PM.
You need to get the rest of that stuff. The upper is useless without it, unless you just want to hang it on your garage wall like a trophy.
Get the lower, the fuel rails, and the steel rocker supports and rockers. (You've got to take out the rocker supports anyway, to get the lower. Might as well spring for them. My seller just threw them in.)

It needs to be an 89 or newer. (Yours appears to be correct.)
88s and earlier have bigger coolant ports, and will leak coolant. The earlier ones also have EGR, which that one appears not to.

Edit - Get as much of the sensor wiring as you can. Particularly the TPS connector. It's different from the 4.9.
------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fastback

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-21-2011).]

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
I was reading one of your posts, Raydar, when we were out in the junkyard pulling it out on what to grab The whole engine is there, the junkyard was closing so we couldn't grab all the other stuff.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
damn junkyard and their rules!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
It's definitely worth a trip back.

They're starting to get difficult to find.

When you get the rocker rails, be careful of how you remove them. There are several 10mm bolts and several 15mm bolts or nuts. (I forget which.)
Remove the 10s first. Then remove the 15s gradually, moving from one to another. You want the rails to come up evenly, and not be under any sort of uneven bending force from the springs.

I used to see entire setups on eBay for $150-$250. Haven't seen one at all, in a long time.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post
ok thanks.
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xDirect Link to This Post

ghost187x

1026 posts
Member since Oct 2008
In a few weeks I can go back and get the stuff. I could use it, or I could sell it.
I just want to know if there are potential buyers out there and have a backup plan. I still have not decided what route I am going.
thanks
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I just checked eBay.
There are no uppers for sale at all.
Two lowers, one for $100 and one for $50.
The cheaper one didn't specify a year. As mentioned previously, there IS a difference. The earlier one will fill your engine full of coolant, unless the passages are welded up a bit.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock