Removing rear bumper by GADJet
Started on: 02-19-2011 03:35 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: GADJet on 02-22-2011 09:45 AM
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
How do you remove this?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Make yourself a fork out of a thin drywall scraper (cut a V shape) ... hook it to the little knob in the middle of the plastic rivet and pull up .... you can also use pliers (wire cuttters) get under the nipple part and pull out. Be careful with cutters not to cut the nipple off....

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-19-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Smaller part in the middle of it pulls up and larger part stays there till you have the little part pulled up. then pull whole thing. Once you have one out you'll see how it works.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Autozone sells a trim remover with the fork in it for around $10. Looks like a screwdriver.

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
07 Suburban LT2
09 Avalanche LT3

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Cool thanks guys. FieroFreak called me and also told me to use some break cleaner or some form of lube to help remove them. That worked well. See!

Anyways, that was the easy part. Next question is how do I get this blooming bolt out since it started spinning and there is no square head on the back side only a round head. >.< Keeps on spinning and spinning and spinning! Bout to drive me nuts!
silverbullet910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Direct Link to This Post
Cut the bolt and use a speed nut placed on the bumper and a new bolt
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I love your lube choice! LMAO!!!!
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Hard not to work on my car on a day like that..

Whom ever said cut it, you got it! It will be cut soon! That bolt nearly had me cussing!

T3 on the ground! Needs a 3400 or 3800 to play with.

Yes they are rubbing. Got 2 1.5" adapters coming here next week.

Best $200 upgrade the car will see. 18"s worth.

Supervisor on duty.

Pick up.

And put up.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

GADJet

1466 posts
Member since Sep 2010
Forgot one if the most important ones!

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

I love your lube choice! LMAO!!!!

It is good and slick. That's for sure!
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
That'll be my daughter in a couple of years...right now, she's content to steal daddy's tools one at a time and pile them up in some hidden corner of the garage somewhere. And daddy doesn't think anything of it until it's the tool he needs that's gone missing.
PFF
System Bot
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

That'll be my daughter in a couple of years...right now, she's content to steal daddy's tools one at a time and pile them up in some hidden corner of the garage somewhere. And daddy doesn't think anything of it until it's the tool he needs that's gone missing.

HAHA. I hear ya. Mine loves to take my screw drivers and dig holes in the ground. (When she is not bringing tools to daddy) LMBO. She likes it outside with me. We have a good time together. My 4 month old son has a bit of growing before he can help.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock