Started on: 02-08-2011 09:16 PM
Replies: 112
Last post by: Macs86GT on 02-27-2011 09:25 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
We'll my 87 is pretty much sold. I have a guy who's very interested in it and has already set plans to ship it out to Montana. So my dad fronted me the money to be able to buy this I found it on craigslist.

Its an 88 and my new current obsession. (its up there with my IMSA in my mind ) But this thing is nasty stupid fast. I've been driving it all day without a hickup. I had to have it towed home because the the shifter cable broke at the linkage but after fixing that this thing runs like a dream. I cant wait until track season..... I'm gona eat my friends alive .

This is a whole new learning experience for me. I've always wanted a turbo vehicle and somthing to learn from. Why not a fiero.

(the intercooler is in front of the engine.)

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-08-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I knew it when i saw your other car on craigslist. It was nice knowin ya... have fun and make sure you have medical insurance.
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
<------------------------- JEALOUS!!!! hope you had fun with it and will continue to have fun!!! what kind of motor does it have and what turbo and LB of boost?

------------------
1987 Black GT with BIG plans

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

I knew it when i saw your other car on craigslist. It was nice knowin ya... have fun and make sure you have medical insurance.

Haha nah I'm not gona do anything dumb with it. Its really only going to be a track car. Its no where near comfertable enough to drive on the road except for every once in a while.

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
And yet, some how.. you still managed to mention your IMSA
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

<

its a grand AM 3400 SFI V6 the turbocharger is a Turbonetics 60-trim T3-T04E only pushing about 6lbs of boost or so but its more than enough for me right now.
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
But who's going to fix it when it breaks?

Nice buy. Probably my favorite looking fiero of yours now
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

And yet, some how.. you still managed to mention your IMSA

Stop hating.. im making a comparison . i still love it more.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by GraterFang:

But who's going to fix it when it breaks?

Nice buy. Probably my favorite looking fiero of yours now

I should be able to do the basic things. If not i have a bunch of friends who's brains run off of turbo's so if i need help they got me.

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Saw that car in the mall. I thought about buying it but I'm concerned about tuning issues.... so it runs okay then? I was under the impression he has it running pig rich because it apparently gets 10mpg hw.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I'll buy it after you kill it.
PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
I cant wait to see some better pictures in the daylight.
Looks good! I like it!
Chris
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Nice car pk it looks good, but could use some carpet. Any takers on how long it takes him to looses his liscence ?
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Its no where near comfertable enough to drive on the road except for every once in a while.

Would suggest replacing the seats then. It's not like they look nice or anything either. Even if you want seats that are styled like that I'm sure you can find something better.
joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroDirect Link to This Post

Got boost?

Why yes, yes I do thanks for asking.

JK nice looking car and that seems like a good base for what it is, but eventually your going to need to graduate to a 3800 for some man sized power.

-Joe

------------------

My 3800sc Build Thread
2007 G6
2003 Silverado Quadrasteer
1985 Fiero notchie 3800sc
ported in&out Gen3 N* TB LQ4 MAF
True dual exhaust (quiet) Spec stage 3+
3.4 MPS DHP powrtuner

kyunderdawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I'll buy it after you kill it.

Making an early prediction, Andy ?
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post
really nice! looks great you should post a vid of how it sounds! im curious to see how that turbo sounds in it! very nice though you will have fun with that (even though i must say you 87 was really sweet i would have killed for that car haha :P)
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Saw that car in the mall. I thought about buying it but I'm concerned about tuning issues.... so it runs okay then? I was under the impression he has it running pig rich because it apparently gets 10mpg hw.

It is rich as hell I'm going to be getting it tuned when i can but since its not my DD it dosent bother me to much.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
GOT INTAKE AND HEAD GASKETS????????
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

So my dad fronted me the money...

Must be nice

I wish I could wander aimlessly between projects all day but I have to work. Don't break it.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 02-08-2011).]

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
All kidding aside i would like to hear the car run and know how the turbo 3400 holds up.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SeperatedSoul:

really nice! looks great you should post a vid of how it sounds! im curious to see how that turbo sounds in it! very nice though you will have fun with that (even though i must say you 87 was really sweet i would have killed for that car haha :P)[/QUOTE

Lol the exaust is LOUD. You almost cant hear the BOV over it from outside.

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraDirect Link to This Post
Can you dad be my dad? Lol. Nice looking car, enjoy it!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
What the hell. How come you get all these Fiero's. I need more Fiero's damnit! Both of "mine" don't currently run/drive well enough to be driven. Pretty depressing.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Also aside from selling the 87. i gave the orange 84 to my dad so he can enjoy the fiero hobby with me.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Almost forgot to mention....

Yes I do have boost

And congrats on the car, I'm actually a little jealous!

------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Almost forgot to mention....

Yes I do have boost

And congrats on the car, I'm actually a little jealous!

lol its all good. I need to get it tuned though. can that be done to get my MPG up a little?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
You really need to set an appt with Ryan at Sinister Performance to have it tuned. Its about a 10 hour drive from where you are, but I can't think of anyone better for the job and his pricing is EXTREMELY reasonable.

------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

You really need to set an appt with Ryan at Sinister Performance to have it tuned. Its about a 10 hour drive from where you are, but I can't think of anyone better for the job and his pricing is EXTREMELY reasonable.

You should be his advertising agent. But he does do great work from what I've read... (not just from fieroguy123)

As for the track only.... Wimp! put a real interior in there and fix the exhaust. Most importantly, pull over when the ambulance is trying to pull you over. They call that preventative maintenance.
thedrue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
I have boost too! That wing has my gears turning... It looks great on a formula body... Get that thing tuned and some interior and it would be a great driver, other than the missing trunk... I am getting about 24 on the freeway with mine and yours should do even better with the aluminum heads ands stuff. Just gotta calm down the right foot... Mine is a camaro v6. You should also be able to make more power.

[This message has been edited by thedrue (edited 02-08-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Well since it isn't a daily driver, let it sit on the back burner (maybe carpet the interior?), and then find someone with a trailer going towards Frazee in July. Just an idea...

------------------
-Aaron

Originally posted by uhlanstan:

(Im so PC)

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Son of a biscuit!!! Nice car, I always like that one
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post
I will admit, im not a fan of the headlights but damnit PK i officially hate you. An IMSA, Orange beast, AND NOW A TURBO 88??????? I think im moving back east just so i can bug you everyday.
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
3500 turbo eh? NICE!
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Its nice. I really like it. Hopefuly i can get a good tune so its better on gas but i still dont want it as a daily driver It is way to loud. this brings me back to my honda days where you gota keep a cop watch goin. it being straight piped Really makes this thing stupid loud i took my friend out for a ride in it tonight and you cant even hear eachother over the exhaust in it. And the radio... might as well not even have one. But i love the sh*t out of this thing. I'll try to get a sound clip of the exhaust but as i said.. it is LOUD.

My Fiero buying is on hold for now..... Its about time I've met a car that I'm actuality kind of afraid of

And I'm back to being a notchback enthusiast.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-09-2011).]

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post

My Fiero buying is on hold for now.....

I call B.S. on that statement...

nice grab, hope you enjoy it.

------------------

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

What the hell. How come you get all these Fiero's. I need more Fiero's damnit! Both of "mine" don't currently run/drive well enough to be driven. Pretty depressing.

Because you and I live in Realityville and PK lives in Fantasyland. In Realityville you have to work for nice things.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
How do you find all these? I think you've had more Fieros than I've even seen for sale around me.

That definitely looks like a fun one to beat on.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
It looks strangely familiar.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054146.html
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
me thinks you could have one bad ass fiero if you stuck with one... ;p

------------------
"Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle %@&$ off a horse."

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Reading this thread made me drool and forget my name.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock