Shifters by Turbowedge
Started on: 02-02-2011 11:45 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: fierofool on 02-19-2011 08:18 AM
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Real quick, what is the difference between a 4 speed and 5 speed shifter and how can you tell the difference?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post02-02-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to add another question related to this post. What is the difference between 4spd and 5spd shifter cables?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
The cables for each transmission model has a different method of attaching at the transmission, and each are different lengths due routing. Attachments at the shifter are the same.

The 4 speed cables run parallel and low across underneath the slave cylinder. The Isuzu cables run parallel and high over the top of the engine. The Getrag cables has one running below the slave and the other routes low around toward the left fenderwell and comes upward to the transmission.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock