Started on: 02-01-2011 01:23 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: pro street dave on 02-06-2011 07:35 AM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

GLOUCESTER - Curry Cooper Obenshain Jr., 60, died Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011 in Riverside Walter Reed Hospital. He was born in Bethesda, Md., to the late Curry C. and Elizabeth Brown Obenshain Sr.
He was employed at Philip Morris in Williamsburg as a processing technician, was a member of St. Therese Catholic Church, was president and founding member of the Fiero Owners Club of Southeastern Virginia, and had served his country in the U.S. Navy. He was also preceded in death by his older brother and sister and is survived by his loving wife, Maryvonne Swift Obenshain; his sister, Christina Obenshain Donofrio of Middletown, Pa.; and many nieces and nephews. A funeral mass will be celebrated at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2011, at St. Therese Catholic Church, by Father James Cowles. Burial will be in Bellamy Memorial Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m1. today, at the funeral home. Memorial donations may be made to St. Therese Catholic Church, P.O. Box 669, Gloucester, VA 23061.
Andrews Funeral Home, Gloucester, Va., is in charge of arrangements.

Curry was the founding member of FOCOSEVA, now known as Virginia Fiero Assn. He was very active in the Fiero community back 15 years ago, and a lifetime member of FOCOA. His was the first 3800SC swap I had ever seen and it was an awesome car.

Curry, you will be missed.

Rob
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to read of Curry's passing. I had met him at many FOCOA meets and his club did the FOCOA show in Williamsburg in 2001.

A photo from the Williamsburg show..

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-01-2011).]

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I'm sorry to read of Curry's passing. I had met him at many FOCOA meets and his club did the FOCOA show in Williamsburg in 2001.

Thanks Larry, yea I had just joined the club a few months before that event. He worked very hard to make sure it went off with out a hitch.

Rob
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
RIP Curry
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

GLOUCESTER - Curry Cooper Obenshain Jr., 60, died Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011 in Riverside Walter Reed Hospital. He was born in Bethesda, Md., to the late Curry C. and Elizabeth Brown Obenshain Sr.
He was employed at Philip Morris in Williamsburg as a processing technician, was a member of St. Therese Catholic Church, was president and founding member of the Fiero Owners Club of Southeastern Virginia, and had served his country in the U.S. Navy. He was also preceded in death by his older brother and sister and is survived by his loving wife, Maryvonne Swift Obenshain; his sister, Christina Obenshain Donofrio of Middletown, Pa.; and many nieces and nephews. A funeral mass will be celebrated at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2011, at St. Therese Catholic Church, by Father James Cowles. Burial will be in Bellamy Memorial Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m1. today, at the funeral home. Memorial donations may be made to St. Therese Catholic Church, P.O. Box 669, Gloucester, VA 23061.
Andrews Funeral Home, Gloucester, Va., is in charge of arrangements.

Curry was the founding member of FOCOSEVA, now known as Virginia Fiero Assn. He was very active in the Fiero community back 15 years ago, and a lifetime member of FOCOA. His was the first 3800SC swap I had ever seen and it was an awesome car.

Curry, you will be missed.

Rob

Thanks for posting Rob - got the sad news at work this afternoon from Carolyn Coble

Jim
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
RIP Fiero friend.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
I never met Curry, but remember some of his posts from the old Fiero Mailing list.

RIP, Curry. Hope the road now is smooth and twisty.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
One of the only photos I have. If anyone has more please post.

Rob

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
RIP old Sailor and Fieroholic. Smooth seas, a favorable wind, and nice twisty and fun roads forevermore.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
We miss you Curry

Rob
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
RIP Curry.
I met him at my first Fiero show back in 2001.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
At the end of this post is the private email Curry's sister sent out to a few of us.

This post is two fold. First I just want to let people that have heard of Capt Fiero's passing, that I am alive and well and living in Canada. So please don't freak out about me. I knew Curry from chatting online, when I first made the transition from Car guy to Car guy / computer geek, I went online and used my real life nickname of Capt Fiero. He popped up and said HEY THATS MY NICKNAME. So I changed mine to Capt Fiero of BC, and even had an email captfieroofbc@shaw.ca. We chatted on the old Fiero.org mailing list while it was run by Peter Zurich. This was back around late 97 early 98. We chatted a few times more over the years and when I decided I wanted to register captfiero.com I contacted him and asked his permission. He kinda laughed and thanked me for asking permission, and he said he had no desire to own the name or create a site, so I got it rolling. He did not mind that I used Capt Fiero on PFF as he was not fond of forums.

However if you did know Curry Obenshain, also known to many as Captain Fiero, passed away on Jan 30, 2011, from cancer that attacked his lungs, brain, spine and throat. He fought the cancer for 7 months, until the cancer won the battle.
Note below is from Curry's Sister.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------

Some of you may already have heard by word of mouth, but I wanted to make contact with everyone on Curry's email address list.

Curry Obenshain, also known to many as Captain Fiero, passed away on Jan 30, 2011, from a very aggressive cancer that attacked his lungs, brain, spine and throat. He had been diagnosed on June 21, 2010, and fought the cancer for 7 months, until the cancer won the battle. He will truly be missed!

His Obituary can be found at: http://www.legacy.com/obitu...nshain&pid=148274754 Please visit this website, and leave a message on the "guest book". We would appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and comments.

If you would like to contact me, feel free to reply to this email, or you can call me at 717-512-5104.
Tina Obenshain Donofrio (Curry's little sister)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIP another Fiero owner with a long history in the Fiero community.

------------------
85GT Soon to be 87GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
RIP Mr. Obenshain.

Brad
pro street dave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pro street daveSend a Private Message to pro street daveDirect Link to This Post
RIP

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock