Monroe Strut coilover conversion? pic request by bristowb
Started on: 01-31-2011 05:53 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: IIKool on 02-01-2011 07:37 AM
bristowb

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bristowbSend a Private Message to bristowbDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a befor and after picture of a Monroe Strut Cut down to do the coilover conversion?
I just ordered all my pieces and just don't to cut too much off. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SCCAFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post
Or, just run 8" springs and leave the coil over sleeve on top of the existing perch. You can either leave the remaining perch sheet metal or cut it off within an inch or so of the strut.

That's what I did, however I don't drive on the street. It really should not matter though. Curious if anyone else runs 8" springs. These are rated at 300 pounds, IIRC.

The rear rocker of my car sits about 5.5 inches off the ground measured just in front of the rear tires. You can see there is about 1.5 -2 inches of upward adjustment still available. Might not make stock ride height, but if you wanted that you probably don't need coil overs.

85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
Here is all the info and pics you need to build coilovers

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/046456.html

IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
I would like to see the same thing done to the Monroe struts about the perch. I have everything except the struts and have been thinking about Monroe's

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock