Started on: 01-29-2011 10:16 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: Finally_Mine_86_GT on 02-05-2011 03:18 PM
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
So I was sitting here drinkin a beer and thinkin about where I'm going with my life, and once again, I came back to the idea of becoming a police officer. The thought has always intrigued me and I'm going to dig a little deeper into it this year.

Here's where this becomes Fiero related; In indianapolis we recently passed a law that officers can use their own personal vehicles as Police Cruisers

So how cool would it be if the 2012 Tyler shipman Memorial Car Show Parade/Caravan was paced by an 88' Formula police car? I think that would be awesome!!!

------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
If you post one more time, you will get your 1000 post wish!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
That would be badass... You'd own the road.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

That would be badass... You'd own the road.

another member was going to try the same thing but ended up going into the military instead.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

another member was going to try the same thing but ended up going into the military instead.

Military isn't an option for me, I'm 27 and have a family I'm not willing to leave for months at a time. So I guess I'm gonna have to build a Fiero Cop Car huh? Lol

------------------

Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulDirect Link to This Post
Dude that would be awesome! I've thought about trying to become a cop, if they let us do this where I live I may go for it. lol
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I used to have a better pic of this one... not sure where it went.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I've seen that picture before, and I'm pretty sure I have some other pictures somewhere of a Fiero cop car that belonged to a small town in deleware. I'll see if I can find it.

I know I don't want that light bar though, it would make it real hard to pull my t-tops off

It would have to be sneaky like the rest of the cop cars around here. Tinted windows, lights hidden behind the glass and inside the tail/marker lights, etc. God that would be sweet!

------------------

J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandDirect Link to This Post
Back before I received an all expense paid trip to SE Europe, courtesy of my uncle, we had a get together here in the OKC area. One of the cars that put in an appearance was a Fiero D.A.R.E. vehicle from one of the local communities. It was pretty good.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
If you do it i have a light design that would work with the fiero. It's a custom job but, no labor costs from this direction. It's my own design that i was going to do for the other forum member. Stealth bar.

I've help build a bunch of local police cars. Mostly ones that were going to shows. We were the first in the country to have the durango functional.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

If you do it i have a light design that would work with the fiero. It's a custom job but, no labor costs from this direction. It's my own design that i was going to do for the other forum member. Stealth bar.

I've help build a bunch of local police cars. Mostly ones that were going to shows. We were the first in the country to have the durango functional.

That would be awesome! Thanks FM86GT, I'll take all the help I can get. This car is no crown vic, its my baby and it needs to be done right and as "stealthy" as possible (assuming I can get into the local PD).

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
If you can get in i can use my fiero as mock up. Been a while since i shaped lexan or plexi but i'm pretty sure i can do it. Kinda like riding a bike right?

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-30-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Can we see a pic of your Fiero? I bet someone would do a great photoshop rendering of a Fiero in it's dress blues.

Tony
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the last phases of testing here in San Francisco to be a cop and its not an easy process. I don't know if its true for every state city and county but it takes a while if your serious apply now and with luck you'll be doing testing in 6 months to a year. On my original placement test I scored 18th out of 350 people testing the same day. It took a year just to get a letter in the mail saying I was accepted for further testing. It's been 4 months since and I have passed medical, polygraph, background, physical, and my interview, only thing left is the psychiatric test on the first of Feb. So if your serious apply sooner than later. Good luck and I want pics of Fiero PD.

[This message has been edited by shawnk (edited 01-30-2011).]

shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

shawnk

968 posts
Member since Mar 2008
On a side note about your car....
I say vinal wrap it with your cities colors and shield. Then a V8 or 3800 so it can be a pursuit model. In the trunk mount stop sticks that are on a switch so you get in front of the suspect and drop the spikes.

You cars verbage....."Fiero, the few and the proud"

[This message has been edited by shawnk (edited 01-30-2011).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I can't post pics from my android but if someone wants to pm me their phone number or email I can txt/email a pic of the car if someone will post it for me. Or just send me a txt to 317-238-0655 and I'll send back a pic. Thx!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
You'll never catch me copper....see?........meh.......see?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:

On a side note about your car....
I say vinal wrap it with your cities colors and shield. Then a V8 or 3800 so it can be a pursuit model. In the trunk mount stop sticks that are on a switch so you get in front of the suspect and drop the spikes.

You cars verbage....."Fiero, the few and the proud"

You think a 280hp 2.0 Turbo with a 5spd would be enough to be considered as a pursuit car ?

------------------

shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

You think a 280hp 2.0 Turbo with a 5spd would be enough to be considered as a pursuit car ?

Considering most crown vics are falling apart and weigh 5000lbs.....yes I do lol
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
As requested...

fieroguy123's car.

Side note: I want this dash!

Engine:

If he sends more i'll post more later. got some work to do. Nice car BTW!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Thanks FM86GT!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Is it fast enough for a cop car? Those crown vics can get up and go when they need to.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 01-30-2011).]

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
I do not heart those wheels. The black ones are better!
silverbullet910

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Direct Link to This Post
You did say this idea came to you while drinking?
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silverbullet910:

Perfect officer trait.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by silverbullet910:

Yes, while having A beer. I only ever drink 1 at a time (begin the lightweight jokes). When I have something to think about I find it relaxing to drink and beer and ponder for a while. That's where my 2.0 swap idea came from, as well as the table in my living room made of timing gears, and the lamp in my garage that's made from an entire rotating assembly, Lol.

------------------

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok... Those pics i gotta see. Timing gear coffee table?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Ok... Those pics i gotta see. Timing gear coffee table?

Pics sent..

------------------

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
End table... i stand corrected. still... Now that is art!

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
so back on topic, would anyone be willing to photoshop a police car based off the formula pictured above?

------------------

shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to get one shopped up. What's you local colors? What's the department I'll get the badge
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

I'll try to get one shopped up. What's you local colors? What's the department I'll get the badge

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Dept. (IMPD). The colors are gray and silver.

------------------

outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

As requested...

fieroguy123's car.
Engine:

what engine is that?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

what engine is that?

2.0 Turbo LT3 found in the 87-91 pontiac sunbird, 88-90 grand am, and 87-88 skyhawk.

------------------

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 01-30-2011).]

shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Dept. (IMPD). The colors are gray and silver.

I'm off at 630 so I'll get something together when I get home
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
so i had to find a grey fiero in the similar color so wheels arent the same but i like it.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Dude, that would be freaking sweet. GL getting into IMPD though, I hear it's a long and tedious process.

BTW, I'm disappointed you didn't let me in on it before you posted it on here..

J/K
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

so i had to find a grey fiero in the similar color so wheels arent the same but i like it.

Haha! I like it!

------------------

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
Interesting
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
If someone can get me a high set grey formula either side or three quarter shot I can make a better shop for you.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock