An Idea for the Forum by 17Car
Started on: 01-24-2011 10:26 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: McTamney on 01-24-2011 08:28 PM
17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
What if there where a section, or possibly a subsection under the construction zone just for engine swaps? It could contain some of the more informative threads already here on finished swaps (3.4, 3800, 350, ect) Kind of a guide for newer members about the basics of each swap. I know the search works wonders, but sometimes that's a lot to sift through when you are looking for general info.
Just a random thought...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
What if there was a way out could go back through archived threads and find in even better detail what you looking for. Oh wait, that could never exist.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I like that idea a lot, though I'm afraid that it would simply turn into another construction zone if we were able to post in it as well.

I think cliff would have to take the time to sort through existing info, or add a tab we could click similar to "Best of Criagslist" to elect such informational threads to be moved to the "Engine Swap" section. That way we could help select useful threads to be moved there.
For example: Wiring Diagrams. Every week I see new post requesting wiring diagram information that someone couldn't find using the search function.

I hope cliff sees this thread.

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 01-24-2011).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Ya, PFF search is not the easiest to find what your looking for... What it really needs is an "Advanced" search function...
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
There is an "advanced search".... It's called Google

Just use site:https://www.fiero.nl/ and then type your keywords after it in Google.

This tells Google to perform the search ONLY on the site specified.

For Example, just paste this into Google:
site:https://www.fiero.nl/ clean trunk carpet johnwpb

Most forums have this along with the standard forum search these days, but for here it can easily be done manually.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-24-2011).]

McTamney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyDirect Link to This Post
My Jeep forum has an "On the Trail" section thats all drive and action pics. I thought that would be cool to have on here. Obviously not Fieros on trails but action shots

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock