Daily driver downer by Celthora87GT
Started on: 01-23-2011 12:17 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: DLCLK87GT on 01-24-2011 09:43 AM
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
well last night i was filling up my car (2000 Saab 9-5) with some gas and i tried to start it and well it sounded like hell didn't run right and it sounded like a demon was inside the exhaust banging on it. ive read and it can be either my CC has self destructed or my timing belt is blown. I'm hoping its the exhaust that is a cheaper repair than a timing belt gone. hoping i dont have to drive my 87 GT around in all of this snow and ice and salt nastyness.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
i know what you mean. if my 03 cavalier died and i had to use my 84 in snow i would cry. the fiero is a garage queen. i just wont go anywheres. good luck in the repair!!!!!
SNAPPY829

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNAPPY829Send a Private Message to SNAPPY829Direct Link to This Post
Stupid question but.... you didnt happen to fill it with diesel by mistake ???
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNAPPY829:

Stupid question but.... you didnt happen to fill it with diesel by mistake ???

It wont fit in the filler neck. Diesel dispenser's have a wider nossle than gas pumps specifically for this reason. Try the simple things 1st. Did your check engine light come on? Did you screw the gas cap down tight enough. You could have gotten watered down gas, If this be the case than go to pep boys and get some dry gas couple bottels of that will fix that right up if thats the case. Also the noise in your exaust could be a fragged out cat or precat that is not making this noise due to rough running. Also is it turbo? If so you might have to be uing premium fuel.

BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Get under it with a hack saw and chop it out, replace with straight pipe just kidding, I'd check what PK says first. I know what you mean about driving the Fiero in the winter, First my trucks lights stopped working, then my lincoln's gas pedal got stuck wide open, so Now I'm stuck driving my 86, which has not run quite right for months (and the battery in it is shot).

Hang in there!

Dave

------------------
BAZOOKAFIERO's Junk

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
It wont fit in the filler neck. Diesel dispenser's have a wider nossle than gas pumps specifically for this reason. Try the simple things 1st. Did your check engine light come on? Did you screw the gas cap down tight enough. You could have gotten watered down gas, If this be the case than go to pep boys and get some dry gas couple bottels of that will fix that right up if thats the case. Also the noise in your exaust could be a fragged out cat or precat that is not making this noise due to rough running. Also is it turbo? If so you might have to be uing premium fuel.

Some service stations have the smaller Diesel filler tube and you can most certainly fill it with diesel.
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Yep. The gas station by my house has the small nozzel and many people have put diesel in their cars by mistake. However, you would think they would have noticed the BRIGHT GREEN handle as opposed to all of the black ones. But hey, we all make mistakes.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
it's not the timing belt, if that broke the car won't start at all. And as above, a diesel nozzle will fit in and it’ll make you car run like total crap if at all. I was with somebody who did it in a Chevy van.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock