My New Fiero! by SeperatedSoul
Started on: 01-17-2011 07:54 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: SeperatedSoul on 01-25-2011 01:10 AM
SeperatedSoul

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post
i just joined the forum, (thought it would be fitting since i now have a Fiero). i have wanted a fiero for so long and i finally got one (for the price i thought very cheap for one $1500) , its an 86 with the 4cyl. tech 4 iron duke engine and a 5speed manual transmission. i love the car, i just got it before it started to snow here in cold little Saskatchewan, so i only had about a month to drive it, but it was the best month of driving i have had! its just fun to drive it for some reason, you dont have to go fast, or do crazy stuff, its just fun to drive a fiero maybe its the manual steering, or just how you feel the car drive, or the sound of it, im not sure its just super fun haha. well ill attempt to post a pic (not really sure how to do this) but ya anyone with any comments i would appreciate, or any ideas you have on things i could do once summer comes would be greatly appreciated! i already have planned to possibly get the couple tears in the seats fixed, all filters replaced, oil changes all around, (just regular check up tune up stuff mostly maybe touch up the paint if i get the money :P) . but ya any ideas for me would be greatly appreciated just anything that is kind of something i can just work thats reletively a smaller job but will give me something to do and look forward to this summer since i plan on putting most my summer work money from the farm into my car
me beside the car a week or so after i got it and cleaned it up some

interior. sorry for bad angle and rotation on the camera

[This message has been edited by SeperatedSoul (edited 01-19-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! That looks like a great starter Fiero. I like that shade of blue, the paint ain't bad though, I have seen much worse. Congrats on your first Fiero purchase! I spy a Fart Can though.

Edit: Since this is your first Fiero and you are on a budget, I would suggest just doing some general maintenance and working the kinks out of it, then slowly work into upgrades that you can afford and save up for the bigger upgrades.

[This message has been edited by craigsfiero2007 (edited 01-17-2011).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum.

Your Car looks nice.

Rims.

Fartcan exhaust
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Welcome to the Forum! That looks like a great starter Fiero. I like that shade of blue, the paint ain't bad though, I have seen much worse. Congrats on your first Fiero purchase! I spy a Fart Can though.

yes i no :P that exhaust came with it lol i plan on getting a much nicer exhaust for my car lol :P the fart can looks a little to cheap but all in all she was a steal!
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

SeperatedSoul

469 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

Welcome to the forum.

Your Car looks nice.

Rims.

Fartcan exhaust

thank you. wow this forum really is worth it :P im getting replys very fast. but thanks for the postitive feed back
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!
Nice looking first Fiero; now let the collection begin
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Nice machine. Take good care of it. Change all the fluids and filters, as you already know and something you can do yourself, and drive slowly enough so you can wave at the people admiring your car. (I won't mention the fart can exhaust, that would be impolite on a forum such as this. We all know you will rectify that as soon as you can.....won't you.)

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 01-17-2011).]

craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SeperatedSoul:

yes i no :P that exhaust came with it lol i plan on getting a much nicer exhaust for my car lol :P the fart can looks a little to cheap but all in all she was a steal!

Understandable, many people like myself despise the fart cans on a Fiero. But if you like it, thats all that matters. It probably was on of those ones on eBay. If you just kick that fart can off and weld a cheap turbo muffler or glasspack for a temporary solution. You might find a used Ocelot exhaust for cheap, those sound pretty good.
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Edit: Since this is your first Fiero and you are on a budget, I would suggest just doing some general maintenance and working the kinks out of it, then slowly work into upgrades that you can afford and save up for the bigger upgrades.

ya i get ya. it needs reletively no really big work, just ya like you said little things. (oil changes filters etc) the engine runs and still sounds very nice for how old it is. so i was super happy about that. but ya i just plan to put little bits of money in at a time to fix her up real nice . i only paid 1500 so i got a good deal and it leaves room for other work and little upgrades
pete 2m4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Direct Link to This Post
greetings
congrats on your fiero. i remember how i felt when i first got mine. excellent looking notchback. may she serve you well. fiero people are awesome car owners and a pleasure to be associated with!!!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Another one hooked!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the madness.
PFF
System Bot
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Understandable, many people like myself despise the fart cans on a Fiero. But if you like it, thats all that matters. It probably was on of those ones on eBay. If you just kick that fart can off and weld a cheap turbo muffler or glasspack for a temporary solution. You might find a used Ocelot exhaust for cheap, those sound pretty good.

ya i want to get a pretty nice one so it sounds really good and looks real slick! :P the fart can is just loud but sounds like junk lol
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

SeperatedSoul

469 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by ALJR:

Welcome!
Nice looking first Fiero; now let the collection begin

tell me about it :P i was already looking into getting a nice parts car or a fiero for winter driving (since this is my summer car/project)
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

SeperatedSoul

469 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Nice machine. Take good care of it. Change all the fluids and filters, as you already know and something you can do yourself, and drive slowly enough so you can wave at the people admiring your car. (I won't mention the fart can exhaust, that would be impolite on a forum such as this. We all know you will rectify that as soon as you can.....won't you.)

heck ya :P that thing is comming off asap. as soon as the snow melts and i get some extra money im getting me a nice sleek exhaust!
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

SeperatedSoul

469 posts
Member since Jan 2011

Originally posted by pete 2m4:

greetings
congrats on your fiero. i remember how i felt when i first got mine. excellent looking notchback. may she serve you well. fiero people are awesome car owners and a pleasure to be associated with!!!

i can already tell there awesome car owners. like wow. this is the most positive feedback i have had for a vehicle :P its pretty awesome
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

ya i get ya. it needs reletively no really big work, just ya like you said little things. (oil changes filters etc) the engine runs and still sounds very nice for how old it is. so i was super happy about that. but ya i just plan to put little bits of money in at a time to fix her up real nice . i only paid 1500 so i got a good deal and it leaves room for other work and little upgrades

Good plan. You will get great gas mileage with that duke if you keep up on the maintenance and treat her well. Once you buy one Fiero, the others ones just start coming in all of a sudden.

------------------

US Army- Machinist (44E) Fort Hood, TX 1st Cav!

SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Good plan. You will get great gas mileage with that duke if you keep up on the maintenance and treat her well. Once you buy one Fiero, the others ones just start coming in all of a sudden.

oh ya she is awesome on gas! like around $30 bucks to fill and goes for around 500 ish km , and yes :P already been looking into others! preferably a v6 gt for the next one
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

oh ya she is awesome on gas! like around $30 bucks to fill and goes for around 500 ish km , and yes :P already been looking into others! preferably a v6 gt for the next one

See, you have already gotten the bug. LOL!
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

See, you have already gotten the bug. LOL!

im guilty of that! :P well i have wanted one for a long time and well saskatchewan is not the best place to look for cars to buy used :P not much of a selection. this was the nicest one i have seen but hopefully another will come around in time and i can look into it. there is only one other fiero in prince albert :P and mine is in much better shape so i was pretty happy about that :P nicest fiero in town!
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
That's a nice color you've got there. I'm a sucker for blue Fieros, what can I say?
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

That's a nice color you've got there. I'm a sucker for blue Fieros, what can I say?

hey its a nice color i cant blame ya haha, apart from the few chips and scratches (witch trust me, will get touched up ) its paint job is in pretty good shape! although it did used to be red
PFF
System Bot
ANAM427

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ANAM427Send a Private Message to ANAM427Direct Link to This Post
Ya man, welcome to the forum. I started with a "hand me down" beater 84 fiero and it just snow balled from their. Before you know it you'll be hunting for another.

------------------
Adam

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ANAM427:

Ya man, welcome to the forum. I started with a "hand me down" beater 84 fiero and it just snow balled from their. Before you know it you'll be hunting for another.

ya i understand what everyone means when they says its the "fiero bug" i love the car, im like counting down days till summer so i can drive her again and thanks for the warm welcome
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. The car looks nice, love the blue, rims look good, should be a nice little project for you. Take that exhaust off, blow it up in a barrel, light it on fire, put gasoline on the ashes, burn the ashes, bury the ashes in the ground, light the ground on fire, and then dig it all back up and ship it to China.
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Welcome to the forum. The car looks nice, love the blue, rims look good, should be a nice little project for you. Take that exhaust off, blow it up in a barrel, light it on fire, put gasoline on the ashes, burn the ashes, bury the ashes in the ground, light the ground on fire, and then dig it all back up and ship it to China.

hahahaha i agree completely!!! by summer that thing is comming off and im getting a nice exhaust tip for my girl!
oh thanks for the warm welcome btw

[This message has been edited by SeperatedSoul (edited 01-17-2011).]

kooljess

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness.....it is fun drving around in our Fiero!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kooljess:

Welcome to the madness.....it is fun drving around in our Fiero!!!

so true fiero's are fun to drive.. nuff said! haha
nosaint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosaintSend a Private Message to nosaintDirect Link to This Post
nice car, welcome from another sasker..
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosaint:

nice car, welcome from another sasker..

nice to see another person from sask! and thanks for the welcome and the positive feed back
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post
Ahh, so nice to be able to drive my Fiero year-round.

Welcome to the forum, eh!
PFF
System Bot
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Ahh, so nice to be able to drive my Fiero year-round.

Welcome to the forum, eh!

lol your so lucky! and thanks for the welcome!
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevDirect Link to This Post
welcome! you'll like it here! (where is sask are you located?)
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroDev:

welcome! you'll like it here! (where is sask are you located?)

thanks i am already enjoying it! haha. and prince albert area
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Not a bad starter. make a build thread on it when you start work on it. Welcome to the forum.

------------------

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

magot

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for magotSend a Private Message to magotDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum! I like the Fiero! Good start!
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Not a bad starter. make a build thread on it when you start work on it. Welcome to the forum.

thank you. and yes i most likely will
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Direct Link to This Post
Looks good! Welcome to the club!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Direct Link to This Post
Nice car, I just bought one over the summer for $500 from this old lady who did not know what she had lol. And its my first car that I use daily, and love it.
SeperatedSoul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeperatedSoulSend a Private Message to SeperatedSoulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

Nice car, I just bought one over the summer for $500 from this old lady who did not know what she had lol. And its my first car that I use daily, and love it.

thank you . and thats an awesome deal i got mine for 1500 and that was a good deal i thought!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock