Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  trenton NJ co-part salvage auction 1988 GT t-tops 5 speed (no transmission in it)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

trenton NJ co-part salvage auction 1988 GT t-tops 5 speed (no transmission in it) by m0sh_man
Started on: 01-16-2011 07:12 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: m0sh_man on 01-19-2011 07:57 PM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
http://www.copart.com/c2/ho...Page=SEARCH_RESULTS#

not sure if anyone on here has connections with co-part (i do but im too far away to pick the car up) might want to pick this up, it looks like a sweet 88GT 55k miles t-tops, its real nice looking from the pictures but will require a getrag transmission, its obviously missing.

anyway, i hope someone on here can get it, i rarely get on PFF anymore, so hopefully it goes to a good home. (sells on 1-19-11)

matthew
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Lmao at how the engine is sitting in the bay right now..

SOMEONE SAVE THAT THING RIGHT NOW!!!

I'd buy it if I had space
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
The interior is flipping perfect!!!!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
What a sad way to see a 55k miles t-top '88. Perfect candidate for a swap.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Anyone here near this auction?

------------------

http://www.tylerstoy.com

DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
oh great...just what i need ....another project...

Well guys, not that it WILL but if it goes for anywhere near that price it'll be because i got it.
I've got a spare Getrag in my garage looking for a home. Of course i'd have to dump my 86/87 GT project but if that is rust free i think i could handle that.

edit to say; never mind...

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-17-2011).]

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

DLCLK87GT

2694 posts
Member since Feb 2009
seriously though I'd love that car and have what it needs but it'll sell for way more than what it is listed at now. But if it stays low I'll have to go up and check it out Wednesday before the end and see what the rust level is. It's hard to say, low miles is a plus but they sure love road salt in this state.
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

seriously though I'd love that car and have what it needs but it'll sell for way more than what it is listed at now. But if it stays low I'll have to go up and check it out Wednesday before the end and see what the rust level is. It's hard to say, low miles is a plus but they sure love road salt in this state.

you know you have to be a licensed buyer to get into the co-part to check the cars out right?

i was considering bidding $500-600 on it just to see if it went that cheap, but i wouldnt bid if i knew another member was going to, interior is decent, the driver seat is torn up, passenger carpet is stained, and the only worries i have are 1. rust 2. odometer looks alittle odd.

last 88GT i bid on was in columbus ohio and it sold for $900+ and it was a minor front end wreck.

if anyone on here is seriously going to bid on it (providing they have a way, its for licensed salvage dealers only) please let me know before i even attempt to put a bid in.

its located about 30 minutes from trenton NJ, just east of trenton, and thats 8.5 hour drive for me.

matthew
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Passenger floor looks like the stain is on a floor mat...

If someone doesn't jump on this... as long as there's no major rust, that's a perfectly good '88. It's everything I'd ever want and more.

------------------

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:
you know you have to be a licensed buyer to get into the co-part to check the cars out right?

Yup. You can also use a broker to bid/buy but you have to pay them a fee as well. (+/- $200)

its located about 30 minutes from trenton NJ, just east of trenton, and thats 8.5 hour drive for me.
matthew

About 45 minutes North of me.

odometer looks alittle odd.
matthew

Agreed, something looks wrong with it. Need a car fax...

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

DLCLK87GT

2694 posts
Member since Feb 2009
ok i was real excited before but now after reading a couple hours worth of crap on that website not so much. Lots of issues to deal with for a Fiero in unknown condition...even a 5speed T-Top.
1. The odometer seems like it’s off so there’s a red flag. the car is sold "as is where is" so even if it's wrong, it's your problem.
2. You HAVE TO remove the car by 4:30 the day the auction ends or it goes into storage for “additional storage and gate fees”. That probably isn’t cheep to encourage people to get them out now. Not a huge deal for me but another issue to deal with.
3. You need to be a licensed car dealer or pay an additional $200 (minimum) broker fee. So no matter how cheep it sells for, add on $200
4. I saw no mention of title, just that it’s your problem (may not be a huge problem if you’re a car dealer but I am not) so red flag 2
5. It is as is where is and you can’t look at it unless you are a dealer. Even if you go through a broker I don’t think you can get in. I know rust is an issue here and to buy it without being able to look at it…red flag 3 and no thanks.
I’ve gone to auctions like this with a buddy of mine that is a used car dealer and you can get great deals but basically you need a license to even get in the parking lot, be there during the auction with a flatbed and cash in hand so when you win, you pay, load and go. sucks a big one because it could be an awesome car...or an awesome PITA
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
Mmmm, same color as mine except mine has black wheels and gray interior, no wing, solid roof.... Not the most common 88 color but not the rarest.

Hope it winds up in a good home.

------------------

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
the auction is on wednesday, winner has till close of the day friday to pick it up before fee's start to collect.

the title will be shipped to whoever the winning bidder is (so whatever broker you use) the guy i buy through charges me $100 per car broker fee's, that being said, he charges $200 for the first vehicle, so you have to make sure its a car your willing to pay that for.

i purchase 3-5 car's a year from copart, and ill be honest wtih you, its always better to look at them in person, but thats the wrecked ones, you never can tell how badly they are really damaged.

being its clean title and mechanical damage, its really hard to say on this car, every 88GT ive purchased has been a rust bucket parts car, (oddly the coupes are always in decent shape)

not sure how rusty NJ car's normally are.

matthew
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

the auction is on wednesday, winner has till close of the day friday to pick it up before fee's start to collect.
matthew

Oh that's more reasonable, thought i saw until 4:30 day of auction

not sure how rusty NJ car's normally are.
matthew

Depends if it was driven during the winter or not. We love road salt so if it was it'll probably look like my first 87GT that went to the crusher

Of if it wasn't and just sitting someplace like the Formula i recently picked up (this was in a field for 8 years)

So without seeing it in person it's a coin toss.
Oh, edit to say that if you are serious and can't go look at it, run a carfax and check the mileage. If it is really at 55k then chances are better that it isn't rotted out ...but i'm sure you knew that already. Good luck if you are going to bid on this one. Worst case chop off the top and sell the interior. Best case a great car for cheep.

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
my wife says i cant bid on it, so im out

matthew
88 Database Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 Database GuyClick Here to visit 88 Database Guy's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88 Database GuyDirect Link to This Post
I can share just a little info on this car. Back in 2005, I recorded this car's info from a Yahoo auto classified ad. At that time, it was for sale at the Berwyn Detweiler dealership in Uniontown PA, with an asking price of $10900. The ad said that it had 28,500 miles. The TTops are not CJB tops, as you all probably already figured out. I noted at the time that it was in very good condition, and I guess it still isn't too bad. Looks like a good deal guys, somebody needs to save her.

GOOD LUCK!

John, aka 88 Database Guy
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
I won't be bidding on this one.....too many other things to do right now. Though I would love to get a 88 GT to save for my kids one day.
To whoever buys it: if you are pressed for time, we can pick it up and store it at the Haus for a few weeks until you can either come and get it or we can deliver it to your door on our trailer.
Dave

------------------

www.hausofguru.com

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
bmwguru long time no see... have you ever delt with this place before?

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-18-2011).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
I purchased the Jetta TDI for the Fiero TDI swap from a Copart auction. It had a run and drive guarantee. We picked it up in Boston though, but they all are pretty much the same. My wife hauled a Chevy truck on her trailer last year for another PFF member that bought a Copart auction vehicle.
Dave
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
BMW PM sent
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
BMW PM sent

Angie
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
I really hope someone on here can save this car. If I had the space, I'd be tempted myself.
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
SOLD! $1350 to someone in Oregon. Gonna cost a pretty penny to ship I figure.

Angie
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroAngel:

SOLD! $1350 to someone in Oregon. Gonna cost a pretty penny to ship I figure.

Angie

1350 for the car
200 for the broker
800? for shipping
2350+/- for a car in unknown condition...huh, well apparently they have money to burn so a Fiero is perfect for them!
I guess for that much it's probably not getting parted out so that's a plus i guess. I wonder if it's anybody we know.

Edit to say that it's possible it was somebody local who just used a broker in Oregon. Maybe the fee was lower there plus no tax or something.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-19-2011).]

FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
yep, matt was in (m0sh_man) at 550 bucks, but got quickly outbid, it was a bid war between an oregon bidder and a new york bidder.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I wanted it too, I was checking it out on Ride-safely but with their $400 fee once it got past $600 it was out of reach for me.

I hope it goes to a good home
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Direct Link to This Post
What was the final selling price?

[This message has been edited by fierogt455 (edited 01-19-2011).]

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt455:

What was the final selling price?

fiero angel posted it above, $1350 was teh selling price, then copart fee's (probably cost them $1600 just to get it OUT of the copart yard, then they will have to pay brokerage fee's and transport fee's (possibly, providing they werent already a licensed buyer)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock