Started on: 01-14-2011 05:28 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: timcha on 12-15-2011 05:37 PM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I like the look of this scoop. Anyone here purchase one yet? Just curious how you like it and how easy it was to mount.
http://www.fierofiberglass....ages/HoodScoops.html
Marc
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
There is a member here with a black Fiero that is pictured on my website. I can't for the life of me remeber his username.

You can always call me and I can tell you how its installed. PM sent with phone #
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
I've bought one and installed it with corvette body adhesive stuff. I forget the exact name. Its a 3M product that comes in sort of like a caulk gun. Real easy to tell where the scoop sits on the hood. Jimmys stuff is top notch.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

There is a member here with a black Fiero that is pictured on my website. I can't for the life of me remeber his username.

You can always call me and I can tell you how its installed. PM sent with phone #

Hi Jimmy. I sent you an e-mail with a couple pictures I'd like you to see.
Thanks, Marc

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see some photo's of it glassed / body filler'd in. Looks like Jimmy's blue car, as well as the black one are just bolted on. If anyone has done this, please post pictures!
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I would love to see some photo's of it glassed / body filler'd in. Looks like Jimmy's blue car, as well as the black one are just bolted on. If anyone has done this, please post pictures!

You are correct John. Those ones pictured are just bolted on. My new build (Project SICKNESS) I just started... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/084085.html will be molded in instead of bolted on.
Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post

Falcon_ca
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

You are correct John. Those ones pictured are just bolted on. My new build (Project SICKNESS) I just started... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/084085.html will be molded in instead of bolted on.

Yea, I have been watching that thread I wish I had the Extra $$$ right now, and would have you bring one of the scoops over with you. Maybe in the next couple weeks till you get here, things will change Are you driving your girlfriends car over? I would LOVE to see it in person before it gets painted pink

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robert 2:

Falcon_ca

Thats him! Thank you
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Yea, I have been watching that thread I wish I had the Extra $$$ right now, and would have you bring one of the scoops over with you. Maybe in the next couple weeks till you get here, things will change Are you driving your girlfriends car over? I would LOVE to see it in person before it gets painted pink

If you get the money together I would be happy to bring one with me. It will save you some money on shipping!

Yes, I will be driving the Blue car over.

Dont forget to PM me your address.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-15-2011).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

I've bought one and installed it with corvette body adhesive stuff. I forget the exact name. Its a 3M product that comes in sort of like a caulk gun. Real easy to tell where the scoop sits on the hood. Jimmys stuff is top notch.

Thank you.

Got any pics of it installed? I would love to put them up on the website.
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I PM'd ya my address, thanks for reminding me!

You and your girlfriend are coming over in the Fiero... Will the scoop fit in the trunk?

I should get some sort of discount or something LOL! (Just kidding) JimmyS Side scoops, JimmyS Front bumber, JummyS Hood Scoop..... I am gonna be driving a GM Jimmy by the time I get this car on the road LOL

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-15-2011).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
She is not coming with me. I am coming alone.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006

I should get some sort of discount or something LOL! (Just kidding)

You are getting a discount... Professionally installed by JimmyS.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy, you gotta take some pictures of the install!

John's build thread shows some very nice looking detailing on the front engine compartment.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

Thank you.

Got any pics of it installed? I would love to put them up on the website.

I could grab a few tomorrow. It's not painted at the moment because 1.there is still body work to be done and 2. I still haven't decided on the shade of red the car is going to be painted
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple of pics of the completed project. I attached mine with no seam so it looks like it's actually part of the hood. Kudos to Jimmy and your welcome to use them on your site if you wish
Marc

------------------

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Looks awsome Marc! I'm glad your happy.

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a direct side shot of the hood... I see alot of above front quarter shots, but no side shot. I'm on the fence, but really think I want one!

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I will take 1 right now. Gimmie 5 mins to get it taken, sized and posted.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

4666 posts
Member since Apr 2006
This the angle your looking for?
PFF
System Bot
redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifDirect Link to This Post
Ahhh just what I needed! You are awesome! Thank you!

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
This is my favorite scoop by far....can't wait until I find the money tree so my baby can have one too!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock