Started on: 01-08-2011 09:18 PM
Replies: 195
Last post by: hnthomps on 01-03-2012 07:47 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
And the Dickman clan comes through with headlight rebuild kits!!!!!!
IP: Logged
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Vendors are the BEST!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Today I went down the road to our neighborhood reapir shop and spoke with the owner. He is willing to do the engine work to get TJP running perfectly. I am thinking about speaking to a few other specialty shops (clutch, brake) to get them to do a their bits as well. It is difficult for me to find a load of time to do all this myself during the week. Dark when I go to work and dark when I come home. I also got another Advanced Auto behind us (well hopefully. he said he had to contact corporate to make sure but saw no issue with it). Tomorrow I will swing by ORiellys and see if they will back us.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep us on the front page...
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Friendly bump... anything new?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
A few parts arrived last night in the mail.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Spoke today to paint shop. They have agreed in principle to do the paint as long as we can get a shop to donate the supplies. My plan is to con I mean get the Fiero club guys locally to help do sand and prep work so the painter only has to do directing and actual painting. Now to get a paint company to contribute the paint and prep supplies. Also, I got a tow set up for a local shop to work the engine issues while I am in DC for two weeks. Calling a few auto parts places tonight. This thing is getting to be logistically bigger by the day!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Before you know it it'll look like one of curly's cars

Edit: the post i put up earlier tcpglobal has two stage kits for a decent price too. You might be able to talk to them about it.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 01-19-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Few more parts arrived last night. I am still organizing build areas.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Add ORiellys to the list of $100 donors and 98 Garage who will rebuild brakes/system.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
here it the tire cover on the way out. Did not want to clutter it up so I made a full shield to go on it. Should ship tomorrow.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 1997 BMW 328

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
That, my firend, is flippin sweet!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I dropped the car off at the engine shop last night so they could go through it and test everything. Don't just wanting humming, I want it singing!!!! I'll be in DC for two weeks so that will give them time to go through it.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
The embroidery shop just called and said the emblem was ready, so I will be finishing the cupholder/pad this weekend and shipping it Monday.
Mike
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

The embroidery shop just called and said the emblem was ready, so I will be finishing the cupholder/pad this weekend and shipping it Monday.
Mike

He will be outta town for a while Mike, Post us a picture.
-Joe
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I will put up a pic when I get it done on Sunday.
Mike
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2011 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I will be leaving for DC tomorrow and there for 2 weeks. The car is at the mechanics place for a go through. Look forward to the pics!!! They always look fantastic and will tie the front to Russ's trunk cover!

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 01-22-2011).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Here is Joel`s cupholder.
I will be shipping it tomorrow or Tuesday.
Mike

Navras

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasDirect Link to This Post
... and now it doesn't show the original post. Interesting.

Either way, the post was on the cup holder - how is that going into the car ? Inquiring minds and all.

[This message has been edited by Navras (edited 01-23-2011).]

TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Initially, Johnyrotten had PM`ed inquiring about a cupholder, thus there wasn`t a post.
Here is the way they mount.

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Mike, that cupholder unit is absolutely stunning.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Hulki, I`m happy to contribute to a good cause.
Mike
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Cha-ching!!!! Nice one! I made it to DC uneventfully, watched the Steelers win, and now this! Sweet! I am going to have to test fit it in my GT...ops check it...you know...then I will probably have to order one for myself! Keep trying to get a Beechwood option!
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep John on the front page
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2011 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
TLG comin thru with some LED marker lights and some headlight combo! Gonna be sweet!
ninjabruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjabruceSend a Private Message to ninjabruceDirect Link to This Post
John...been TAD in San Diego the past 2 weeks (not complaining) let me know when you get back in town...cause I can help you work on TJP....take care and enjoy the snow in the DC area.

------------------
1986 SE 383 SBC w/ 5spd
aka "Homewrecker"

Navras

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NavrasSend a Private Message to NavrasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

Well that's not brilliant or anything. Are these beauties for sale ?

Sorry if my interest is detracting from the thread, which is pretty inspiring. All involved are pretty awesome. Kudos.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Awesome Thread, Good job to everyone involved!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Indyellowgt for the donation of 4 marker lights being sent to TLG for moding!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to jump this one up to the front again. We have promises on all the parts that were quickly noticed items that will need replacement. Thanks for everyone that donated! I am working on a paint and supplies distributor to donate the necessary supplies so that can make can get this right the first time. It is a bit tough to do when you are dislocated and heavily tasked. I am looking forward to getting back home and digging into this beast to see what is what. the more time i spend thinking about this the more I think that since we are going to do it I would like to bring Joel into the project now and have him help with the mechanical porion of the foray. I am also thinking of trying to get an engine rebuilder to pull the motor apart and inspect/rebuild as necessary. I am going to have to pull the motor out anyway to see what is what with the clutch so why not beauitfy while we have it out? Clean up the bay, etc. I hate being a perfectionist. It is hard to do things just good enough.

Hopefully all the parts that were promised will be there by Friday so that Saturday I can move out on the project. Lots of pictures to come!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
We are still in need of an alternator and some floor mats if anyone can come through.

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5464 posts
Member since Oct 2007
We are still in need of an alternator and some floor mats if anyone can come through.

kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Direct Link to This Post
I have a good alternator the only thing is it needs the pulley, and I wouldn't be able to get it till this time next month. Reason being I moved and it's still in storage 750 miles away. If that works then let me know, but otherwise im sorry I can't help with that.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
While I very much appreciate the offer the timeline may be a bit too long for the project. Thanks for the efforts though and for thinking of the project!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with Mr Mikes....seats are being made today and will be shipped on the morrow. Should get here Monday! Now to work on House of Kolor for paint!!!
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
So... what's the good word man? Anything new and exciting?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Still stuck in dc...flights are slipping so I may get stuck in Atlanta. If I do I hope to go see Dean! Always look for the silver lining.
MrMike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
Hello Johnyrottin,
The free seats kit for Joel’s car is finished and on the way.
Kit includes DVD instructions and install tools & supplies.
Just follow the instructions to achieve professional results.
Install time averages 3-4 hours.

I only ask that Joel continue the goodwill by donating his time & effort to a charity of his choice.
Thank you for bringing this project to my attention,
MrMike

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrMike:

Hello Johnyrottin,
The free seats kit for Joel’s car is finished and on the way.
Kit includes DVD instructions and install tools & supplies.
Just follow the instructions to achieve professional results.
Install time averages 3-4 hours.

I only ask that Joel continue the goodwill by donating his time & effort to a charity of his choice.
Thank you for bringing this project to my attention,
MrMike

just so sweet looking.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Good golly Ms Molly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock