My build thread, 86 GT by scott0999
Started on: 01-06-2011 01:08 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: Carcenomy on 11-25-2011 07:51 PM
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post

IP: Logged
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
tonight at about 12:50am the fiero started!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTDhd_ViJjY
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
overdue for an update I know. too much to type, heres pics lol

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Direct Link to This Post
Did you take it for a ride yet?
Looking good Scott.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Hey scott my old wing looks good on it! id keep it black!
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Did you take it for a ride yet?
Looking good Scott.

Steve

Just in the parking lot sofar. its not registered or anything yet, plus a couple small things I need to do before I can really take it out and up to speed
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
got some more work done on the LED lighting conversion. installed the electronic flasher which took a whopping 5 seconds. then started swapping the bulbs in the tail lights. the brake lights I bought w/ 30 LEDs per bulb dont fit into the tail lights actually I'm pretty sure any standard size socket they wouldnt fit into. you would need to be able to install them from the other side (remove lens) or something for them to fit. so I had to use the 24 LED/bulb ones.

powder coated the wiper arms and installed new wiper blades. fixed a bunch of other misc stuff

I got some videos

inside the car, stuff working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwFCHfIlgF4

tail light bulb test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFwpHeJaHhQ

got some more of the interior together (center console, door panels) and cleaned it up a bit

took forever to figure out how the center console went together but I got it eventually

scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
found broken rings and damaged ring lands, so I've been busy...

new piston rings and rod bearings

needed to clean the piston ring grooves. so I busted out the... piston ring groove cleaner!

that worked really good to get the carbon out and junk

then installed the rings

I found out my piston rings have a stainless steel oil scraper. thats insane. I also noticed the price of it went way up after I ordered lol. pretty happy with them

then put the ring compressor on, cleaned the bearing surface of the connecting rod, put new bearing in, applied engine assembly lube to it, then put protectors on the rod bolts. their the blue covers you see here. they keep the bolts from smashing against the crank journals when your installing the pistons

random pic of the cam when I was putting it back in

new timing chain. this thing was super tight once installed, very happy with it

put piston #1 at TDC, aligned crank dot up, cam gear arrow down, and slapped the chain on

sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadDirect Link to This Post
I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever be able to cruise in our Fieros together! Ha. I might have to hire some help (cough) with this oil pump business as I don't really want to tow it all the way back to my dad's house-- again.

If I get a new cradle, I'm going to beg you to do that to it. Dear lord.

I am so envious of your progress. I wish I had your know-how! However, I'm glad little Purple Car is getting all the love she deserves. Not all Fieros get a second chance after being completely submerged
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
sorry but this car will not be seeing the road

/thread done and can be locked
PFF
System Bot
Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
what happened?
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
I gave it my last chance today, and it failed

2 months ago it wouldnt go into 2nd gear. I got pissed off and let the car sit, regaining my patience. today I figured wth, tried running it into the garage and it didnt even make it there (did before, and I had the battery charged before attempting)

this isnt the first time I've been through this with the car and I'm done

I will either sell it for a huge loss, part it out, or remove everything and transfer to a normal running car.

I have limited energy to deal with this anymore. I've done more on this car than most people would even attempt. and what did I get for it all, it just took a big crap on me like I didnt do anything good for it

sick of pushing the car around, this will be the last time I'm pushing it (to remove EVERYTHING off it)

there thats what happened lol

[This message has been edited by scott0999 (edited 11-24-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Wha!! lettin a trani beat you come on Scott this is a pain but by no means a end of a car!!! dang it let it sit a few months and in the spring ill help ya then we can paint it and u will be happy!!

Let it sit for a few months and then bring it to me, Tommys car is done I can get to yours next ill fix it.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-24-2011).]

scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
I dont have any way to get the car to you. not that I'd like to pay to have done anyway. I do trust your work, but I would rather do it myself

I think it would be best if I get rid of the car. I can find other ones that dont need paint so badly, and that are normal running cars. I should be driving it by now and its just not working out

I have a feeling even if the tranny is fixed too many other things are going to come up. its just not the one for me
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
No, no no no, no! Don't let some crummy TH125C defeat you, the work you have done already is huge - you're so close to the finishing line, don't let this be the crushing blow! Heck, find a nice 4T60... give it an upgrade while removing the fail point! You've just done more work than half the people on here would do for a 2.8, and have all the hard work on the suspension, brakes and chassis done... don't throw all your hard work away!

------------------

scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post
it needs more than just the trans done

I dont feel like painting it anymore, the front windshield is cracked, and theres more. its not as great as the pics make it seem...

I wouldnt throw everything away... I dont know why anyone would think I would throw away brand new parts??

I said I would take everything Off the car. I would like to junk the body and get another Normal running car, then transfer everything over

[This message has been edited by scott0999 (edited 11-25-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
Scott if you are just going to part it out and save all the good bits to put on another fiero, maby id buy the leftover chassi from ya, I will need a nakid Fiero chassi to do the lamborghini replica I want with a title.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
If it makes you feel any better, it's tidier than my '86 Scott
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock