Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
You didn't need to delete the event.

Does not matter if there is one or two or 200... The goal is to spread the word as far and wide as possible to double the participation this year.

WOOT! Page Ownership!

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 05-17-2011).]

IP: Logged
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
folks passing through Chicago are welcome to make a stop at the fieronews house of horrors. PM me and I can give you a back yard to tent in for the night and a place to rest on the way or some good old fashion fiero fun. PM me for a phone number and address if intrested

Tom

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 1997 BMW 328 85 300ZX

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

AWDimpreza-L

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
My timing gear set came today, that means I'll start swearing and bleeding tonight, wish me luck, as I really want to drive my fiero to the show again!

[This message has been edited by AWDimpreza-L (edited 05-19-2011).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

First off, the last 20 or so messages on the last page, had me LITERALLY laughing out loud! You people are ALL crazy! Hahahahah (Dont'cha know)

Andy, I was a bit reluctant to post this, but there really is nothing personal in it, it just shows what an amazing person you are, more than anything.

This is a line out of a PM that Hulki sent me a couple months back. It was in response to needing a part for my build.

"If you need something, and I have it, it's yours. Trust me when I tell you, helping out when I am able is just something I have to do. I can't explain it further than that."

Well, Andy, you are not the only person like that There are a lot of other great people here on the forum that would like to see you in Frazee this year. So, if it comes to someone trying to help you for once, and make that happen, then simply bite your tongue, and say thank you

Taking this to PMs as to keep this thread on the topic it should be.
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by AWDimpreza-L:

My timing gear set came today, that means I'll start swearing and bleeding tonight, wish me luck, as I really want to drive my fiero to the show again!

We are all wishing you luck and an uneventful, easily accomplished repair. Please keep the bleeding to a minimum; you will need your strength for the drive up and the weekend festivities.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:
Well, Andy, you are not the only person like that There are a lot of other great people here on the forum that would like to see you in Frazee this year. So, if it comes to someone trying to help you for once, and make that happen, then simply bite your tongue, and say thank you

Originally posted by Danyel:

Geez... overbearing much? Maybe perhaps we could bite our own tongues and respect other people's wishes. I'm sorry, the intent is understood, but forced public charity usually only ends up making people uncomfortable.

Sorry you won't be able to make it Andy. But don't worry, there will be pictures... I am excited because this year I won't have oil misting all over the back of my car Stupid rear main...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-19-2011).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Wow! Those are really amazing pictures
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Wow! Those are really amazing pictures

The Bobby... doing Bobby things...

------------------

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:
I am excited because this year I won't have oil misting all over the back of my car

Does that mean you wont be leaving an oil spot on the driveway this year?

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Geez... overbearing much? Maybe perhaps we could bite our own tongues and respect other people's wishes. I'm sorry, the intent is understood, but forced public charity usually only ends up making people uncomfortable.

Carbon I do understand what your saying ... some things have many interpretations so being a FRENCH Canadian EH well ya understand...... We really would like for Hulki to be there NOT put him a uncomfortable spot... this year will be the only time in a long time I will be able to attend ... Hulki not being there is a big deception for me ... just trying to give back and have the pleasure to shake his hand.... Thats all ....
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Dont hold me to it yet but theres a good chance I'm going to be there. I have to clear it with my fleet manager but I'm going to request a couple days off for this and take my solstice out there. Or see if my company can have me out there for my lay over time. As i said the shippmans might have a big truck in there driveway but it will be PK's Truck
PFF
System Bot
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Danyel... I didn't mean to put you down or anything, sorry. I am looking forward to meeting you at the event as well as others who were not able to make it last year... you have one heck of a drive coming up.
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Does that mean you wont be leaving an oil spot on the driveway this year?

Sorry about that... what actually happened was that the oil pan gasket got pinched when we did the timing chain and front main... so we went to do the rear, which was actually bad, and found that the pan gasket had a huge pinched tear in it. Every time the oil sloshed, out it came.

I really do hope I can make it back down to IL this year, it was a blast last year!

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 05-20-2011).]

2.5s wife

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5s wifeSend a Private Message to 2.5s wifeDirect Link to This Post

Love this picture (may be partial since my hubby is in it)! Just ordered our Tyler show t-shirts, only a couple more months to go!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Danyel... I didn't mean to put you down or anything, sorry. I am looking forward to meeting you at the event as well as others who were not able to make it last year... you have one heck of a drive coming up.

Alot of miles YEP .. but all worth it because at the end I will be able to shake all your hands ..

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Hulki / Andrew, I missed that post, sorry to hear you may not make it dude.
You'll have lots of opportunities in the years to come!
We're glad to have ya when you can .
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

what about something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/OUTDO...d=1305916524&sr=1-17

How hot is frazee in the middle of july? Could double as a sauna
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

who knows... hot or cold... it could be snowing the top cover comes off and has a mesh underneath for ventilation though. and it is 7 ft tall for our TALL visitors. me.. i wouldn't have that problem.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

what about something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/OUTDO...d=1305916524&sr=1-17

Looks awesome. I like it.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

i could probably hire synth to fan you while you are in the shower LOL
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

who knows... hot or cold... it could be snowing the top cover comes off and has a mesh underneath for ventilation though. and it is 7 ft tall for our TALL visitors. me.. i wouldn't have that problem.

Sweet. Sounds like a win then . Is there anything I can bring or do? A friend and I are planning to head out there and im just wondering.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

i could probably hire synth to fan you while you are in the shower LOL

WHAT a hot air dryer tooo J/K Synth !!!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Please feel free to leave out any pictures of Chris fanning anyone in the shower. Or anyone fanning anyone for that matter...well, maybe a little fanning.....well, maybe moderate fanning.....uhm.....I mean......that's gross.

And Danyel, I look forward to the day I get to meet you as well. Don't worry, it will happen someday, my friend. We are still fairly young and able to get around good. And 2.5(Jason), we will plan things out a little better on our end and hopefully make it out with no issues next year. And hopefully, with Petey III (my Formula).
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

And Danyel, I look forward to the day I get to meet you as well. Don't worry, it will happen someday, my friend.

It may be sooner than you think. I may have to bribe him to kidnap you and ratchet strap you to the decklid to drive you up here. Don't worry you'll be secure, I'll teach him the Texan way of using ratchet straps.

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
The Texas way.....if i remember correctly in addition to the ratchet straps that entails a pair of cowboy boots, a set of leather chaps and a roll of duct tape !
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

It may be sooner than you think. I may have to bribe him to kidnap you and ratchet strap you to the decklid to drive you up here. Don't worry you'll be secure, I'll teach him the Texan way of using ratchet straps.

ratchet straps and duck tape heheheh
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Wow, the time is flying by, not too long now!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 05-25-2011).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Everyone don't forget to order your Tshirts!

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/056211.html
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Feedback on the car show received from the event web site:

Please don't take this personally,I think you are doing a great thing with the car show. but giving most of your awards to one model of car will cause many not to attend.You are limiting your entrants by doing this. I think many of us enter car shows to try to win, we put lots of time and money into are cars we want to be the best if we don't we'll try to improve or change it for next year.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any thoughts on this? the reason i split the trophies up was to make sure it was more evenly split versus Fieros taking every trophy home like last year. Any ideas on how to make this more fair? I just can't see a way and don't want to get into the whole point judging thing - want to keep it entrant's voting.
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Feedback on the car show received from the event web site:

Please don't take this personally,I think you are doing a great thing with the car show. but giving most of your awards to one model of car will cause many not to attend.You are limiting your entrants by doing this. I think many of us enter car shows to try to win, we put lots of time and money into are cars we want to be the best if we don't we'll try to improve or change it for next year.

Response:
"Thank you for the feedback. Last year was the first year of the show. Out of twelve trophies that were available for anyone to win, 9 of them went to Fieros. This was a judged show by the trophy sponsors and emotions were still very high less than a year after the Tyler Project.
The Fiero is a niche car, but in our small town of Frazee, it holds a special significance.
This year, the judging is by car show participants. We intentionally doubled the trophies to eliminate the strong bias towards the Fiero, which in this town is a very strong bias indeed. While the judging last year was fair, this year we wanted to make sure that more non-Fieros had a chance of winning trophies. Hence the dedicated awards for all other makes and models.
While I understand the desire to win an award for the many hours of effort people invest in their vehicles, the goal of the show isn't necessarily to win an award, but to help celebrate the life of a car enthusiast that was taken at too young an age.
I am unsure how familiar you are with the events leading to the car show, so I'd like to direct your attention to the following three links for more information.
The first is a very well done and informative video broadcast by KARE11 in the Minneapolis/St Paul area about the Tyler Project.
The second web link is the followup video about the First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car show held last July, also broadcast by KARE11, and the third is the Project Website itself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg4s4CEUliA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn6DLpe8xNE

http://www.tylerstoy.com

Again, thank you for the constructive feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve the car show for each year.
I hope to see you there!"

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Not to mention Fieros were 50% of the cars there
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:
In Eau Claire, you'll be 30 minutes from my house. Need a place to crash? Can't offer much more than a "full" bunk and two dogs to keep you guys warm.
My teardrop should be complete by then as well.

A place to park our teardrop and some electricity will be fine Synth I'll keep you posted ... thanks

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Looks like I'm gona be there this year. Best part of all if i take hometime at werner i can request frazee as my home time basicly they give me a load to go to MN drop it and bobtail to frazee so not only will i not have to spend money on gas to get out there.
I'll also have a nice warm bed to sleep in in my truck. while all you are in tent's

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 05-28-2011).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

X2 ! !

It is so peaceful, (other then Synthesis's snoring) there at night, and the last thing I would want to hear is a big rig running all night long

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
X3 if its running I'm gonna short sheet your rig
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I've heard that those Minnesota snipes will gang up and drag diesels off into the night and given the "success" of last years snipe hunt, PK should be worried!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
HAHAHA PK's been calling me. Of course I ignor them since they are usually when he's driving and he has no headset as required by national LAW!!!!! So in an attempt to help make this world a safer place I don't let him talk to me while driving.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock