Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

GTJEFF ---- HULKI-U --- JohnWPB ....... weren't you guys sending something ??

still waitin

Did you ever get pics from the rest of the group?

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE 4!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-08-2011).]

IP: Logged
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

GTJEFF ---- HULKI-U --- JohnWPB ....... weren't you guys sending something ??

still waitin

<scratches head> Hmmmm.........now what was that? . J/k. I'm getting there, don't get your SF panties all wadded up.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
hehehehehehehe GTJeff, Hiulki was the items for the Ebay auction of tylers toy memorabillia all profits go to the Shipman camp an or scholarship

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Memorobilia eh? Interesting!
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

hehehehehehehe GTJeff, Hiulki was the items for the Ebay auction of tylers toy memorabillia all profits go to the Shipman camp an or scholarship

Danyel

want me to send you a Team Tyler button with his pic on it? the ones the kids made and sold around here? i think I have a few extra. email me your address and I will stick a couple in the mail if you want
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
nellieship you have a PM

If anyone else has items or something to add to the Tylers Toy auction on Ebay soon please PM me I will send you my snail mail addy.
Danyel
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

I plan on mailing tomorrow, but I may have 7-10 hours of OT tomorrow at work. Will 6 of each color be enough? I also plan on including a disc of build pictures & show pictures for the web-site.

Jeff.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
GTGeff --- that will be just peachy !!!!!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Daniel, if it's okay, I'm going to cut each decal and send you one letter at a time.
shaggyizzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shaggyizzySend a Private Message to shaggyizzyDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait for this!! Will be my first time at an event, and i'll be there with my first Fiero!! Thank God i live only 60 miles away!!

PS: Couldn't have picked a better event to go to if I tried =]

[This message has been edited by shaggyizzy (edited 02-11-2011).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shaggyizzy:

Can't wait for this!! Will be my first time at an event, and i'll be there with my first Fiero!! Thank God i live only 60 miles away!!

PS: Couldn't have picked a better event to go to if I tried =]

Look forward to meeting you there, shaggy.
PFF
System Bot
shaggyizzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shaggyizzySend a Private Message to shaggyizzyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Look forward to meeting you there, shaggy.

You too Hulki! I can't wait to meet everyone there! I've been lurking on this forum for a couple weeks now, excited to see all the cars I've been following on here
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
shaggyizzy --- more than happy to see you there this summer ...

Hulki one letter a a time.... holy cripes gonna have to set my doberman after ya .... DIY_Stu GET HIM !!!!!
Now get that package to the post office so when can get some money from that auction for a shower and other useful things for camp Shipman !!!

As for the Dream team ..... feel like being let down
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by shaggyizzy:

You too Hulki! I can't wait to meet everyone there! I've been lurking on this forum for a couple weeks now, excited to see all the cars I've been following on here

Sounds like we've claimed another addict

------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

shaggyizzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shaggyizzySend a Private Message to shaggyizzyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Sounds like we've claimed another addict

Most definitely!
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Welcome Shaggy! I can't wait for this show either!

Minnesota Fieros Forever Club President

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

shaggyizzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shaggyizzySend a Private Message to shaggyizzyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Welcome Shaggy! I can't wait for this show either!

Minnesota Fieros Forever Club President

Thanks Kev! If i was closer I'd join you guys!
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
If worse come to it would someone be willing to pick me up from Detroit lakes. Greyhound is looking better than before.......Whats another day spent on a buss
nutherproject68

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nutherproject68Send a Private Message to nutherproject68Direct Link to This Post
I hope to make it out there this year. It would be cool to finally meet some of the people on here.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

If worse come to it would someone be willing to pick me up from Detroit lakes. Greyhound is looking better than before.......Whats another day spent on a buss

if you get to Detroit Lakes - we will come get you or find someone we know to pick you up
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

if you get to Detroit Lakes - we will come get you or find someone we know to pick you up

If we are there before tuzzi gets there, we will gladly pick him up.
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

If we are there before tuzzi gets there, we will gladly pick him up.

X2
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a Caravan to go get Tuzzi! wouldn't that be a surprise!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Will be there also in that caravan if it happens ....
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like a mini road trip to me! I just never get tired of driving the fiero, I smile every hour of the trip from here to Frazee

------------------

GrandmaC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrandmaCSend a Private Message to GrandmaCDirect Link to This Post
A year ago today Tyler left us. It has been a sad day but then I go on here and read all of this and I think what a legacy he has left. Thanks to all of you.
GMplastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
An amazing legacy indeed...

I never met Tyler, but I can honestly say that in my 55 years, I've never seen so many people so positively affected by one individual.

Thanks Tyler, for lifting my opinion of humanity way above what I had previously thought possible!

Take care Shipman family!

~~Dan aka GMplastic
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

I have had a couple of PMs about my Fiero quilt. I am making one to raffle off as you know but have had a couple inquiries as to if they can just be purchased. The unfortunate thing about quilting - which one of my top favorite things to do - is that it is an expensive habit. So, the answer is if you can buy one of these is yes BUT I have to be pretty honest here... my materials run around $120 and this isn't a bed size quilt - more like a couch snuggler. It is around the 60 inch by 79 inch size. I would consider selling these but it would have to be in the $200 price range with $120 for materials and the $80 going to the scholarship. You could change the yellow and/or red areas to whatever color you want - to match your own Fiero. You would also have to give me a couple months on production. So there you have it for whoever is interested. Hate to sound like I am ripping anyone off... that is kind of why I don't sell quilts - lots of overhead
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Hi,

I have had a couple of PMs about my Fiero quilt. I am making one to raffle off as you know but have had a couple inquiries as to if they can just be purchased. The unfortunate thing about quilting - which one of my top favorite things to do - is that it is an expensive habit. So, the answer is if you can buy one of these is yes BUT I have to be pretty honest here... my materials run around $120 and this isn't a bed size quilt - more like a couch snuggler. It is around the 60 inch by 79 inch size. I would consider selling these but it would have to be in the $200 price range with $120 for materials and the $80 going to the scholarship. You could change the yellow and/or red areas to whatever color you want - to match your own Fiero. You would also have to give me a couple months on production. So there you have it for whoever is interested. Hate to sound like I am ripping anyone off... that is kind of why I don't sell quilts - lots of overhead

Completely understandable...

Would you be willing to quote out a queen sized quilt for me? I've been looking for a bedspread that is worthy of HGTV, but nothing appeals to me quite like these do...
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Completely understandable...

Would you be willing to quote out a queen sized quilt for me? I've been looking for a bedspread that is worthy of HGTV, but nothing appeals to me quite like these do...

sent you a regular email on this
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

sent you a regular email on this

Received and responded to.
PFF
System Bot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Just a reminder to help out Danyel, these forum members still need to send a pic of their car and themselves to Danyels email at:
admin (at) tylerstoy.com

Stars&Stripes
Lynxer
Purple Reign
VikingRedBaron
87Antuzzi
85FieroGTP
DIY STU ?
Fieroguy123
Fierogal123
Carbon
Fiero STS
Gravatic Anomaly
1984redsc
Fosgatecavy98
Stars&Stripes
Lynxer

I agree though as stated in the other thread that if the site could be up and running with just "awaiting photo" in places that would be cool too.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Hey! I saw this idea in another thread, do you think we could invite Hulki Aldikacti, designer of the fiero to the 2nd annual Tyler memorial carshow? Does anyone have connections to the guy?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Just a reminder to help out Danyel, these forum members still need to send a pic of their car and themselves to Danyels email at:
admin (at) tylerstoy.com

Stars&Stripes
Lynxer
Purple Reign
VikingRedBaron
87Antuzzi
85FieroGTP
DIY STU ?
Fieroguy123
Fierogal123
Carbon
Fiero STS
Gravatic Anomaly
1984redsc
Fosgatecavy98
Stars&Stripes
Lynxer

I agree though as stated in the other thread that if the site could be up and running with just "awaiting photo" in places that would be cool too.

Our pics were sent in, though I don't know if Danyel was able to use them as they were pretty blurry even though it was a 5.0mp camera. We'll try again.

------------------

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Our pics were sent in, though I don't know if Danyel was able to use them as they were pretty blurry even though it was a 5.0mp camera. We'll try again.

Yea, but your camera man was an idiot who didn't know how to properly work the PHD (push here dummy) button...
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Hey! I saw this idea in another thread, do you think we could invite Hulki Aldikacti, designer of the fiero to the 2nd annual Tyler memorial carshow? Does anyone have connections to the guy?

That would be Fred, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Hulki is getting up in age and I don't see him making the trip. The anniversary show in in Pontiac were close at hand and you had 300 to 400 Fieros in attendence. I hoping he will be able to make the trip to Indy for the 30th.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I think it's a terrific idea to invite him. The probability he'll accept the invitation may be small but I would at least give him the opportunity to accept. Send him a written invitation. He may decline but given the history of Tyler and the Fiero he may send something complimentary back that could be read at the show. Give our guy a chance; he may surprise us.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

I think it's a terrific idea to invite him. The probability he'll accept the invitation may be small but I would at least give him the opportunity to accept. Send him a written invitation. He may decline but given the history of Tyler and the Fiero he may send something complimentary back that could be read at the show. Give our guy a chance; he may surprise us.

He probably has no awareness of the whole Tyler Project, to be truthful, so maybe sending him the story behind it would be more telling.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

He probably has no awareness of the whole Tyler Project, to be truthful, so maybe sending him the story behind it would be more telling.

If only he knew how the car that he designed brought us all together for Tyler. I would imagine he would love to be a part of the Tyler Memorial show.
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

I guess the old saying goes; it never hurts to try. With that said, I will talk to him about it, but honestly do not get your hopes up. We have had enough trouble getting him to come to both the 20th and 25th. After reluctantly agreeing to come, he sure did manage to have a good time though. I have been easing him in to the 30th, but I can't get a feel for any enthusiasm over it. Hulki is pushing the 80 year old area and with out divulging to much personal info, has needs for a person that age. I do not think that he ventures to far outside of the Detroit area. I only usually have a one out five success rate in talking to him on the phone or stopping by to see him.

The last time I saw him, I did show him my pictures and told him the story of Tyler's Toy. So, he is fully aware of what our Fiero Community did for Tyler. Hulki's wife is a cancer survivor and we all can be proud to know that she praised us the whole time I was at their house.

I will mention the proposal and see what kind of reaction I get.

Fred
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock