Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 15)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
What year model? I could clearly see the play in the rear wheels of mine. when they put it on the rack for the alignment. if it's 84-87 you need to FOCUS ON the laction where the tierod attaches. you can clearly see it from behind the car. IF IT MOVES WITH THE WHEEL Tie rods are worn/Loose. If it appears the wheel is moving more than it is then take a look at your lower ball joints. I'm getting pumped up to swap mine out RIGHT NOW at 97* outside still when it's getting dark. Small amount of looseness in the rear baljoints isn't a game killer... But the front lower's are game killers. See image posted of Heypal's car above.

Stu
IP: Logged
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
No ball-joints or tierods in the back anymore. 86 with an 88 cradle swap with poly bushings, not much play at all in the suspension itself.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 07-22-2011).]

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
On the way to Frazee. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. The adventure begins!

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

Ridgelandbaseball

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
Wave to us when your passing thru Cleveland.
AWDimpreza-L

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
Well, my trunk likely will not be painted in time, but i'm going anyways, ugly trunk or not!

------------------
84 2m4 72 whp 108 wtq, stock.

1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
My friends and I will be there, but I will be fieroless. I wasn't able to complete my projects in time. We will be bringing up a black 1990 Buick Reatta up.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 07-23-2011).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking about sticking sand paper all over my car so the attendees can help sand it.. With luck it'll be done when the show's over
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
And on my car Loose Ball joint = Forgot to tighten the capture bolt.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Is a Margarita machine needed??? Next year? if so I'll make a 10 Gallon machine. Igloo to the rescue! Don't have enough time for this year though.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Waved at Cleveland and got rained on for the effort. They must have guessed I'm from Pittsburgh! Stopped for the night in South Bend, Indiana. Short stop to see friends in Chicago tomorrow before heading to Madison. Plan to hit the University of Wisconsin Ice Cream Store and the Mustard Museum in Middleton, just outside of Madison. The Fiero is running wonderfully.....30mpg. What fun!

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 07-23-2011).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Will be in Chicago tomorrow still looking for a power adapter for my Toshiba A70. At best buy or radio shack they are 100 dollars for generic on eBay 14 dollars i need a fix address to send it to..

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-31-2011).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I know how it is, gonna cost me a bit to get there for sure when you add it all up. Lost work, cost of the airline ticket, first night in a hotel in St. Paul (Get in at midnight and car rental place is closed) cost of the rental car, gas, food ect ect...

I started planning and such months ago though I can't believe you waited till just 2 weeks before the show to do your finances to see if you could go. I am sure the teardrop costing probably a couple grand over the past 2 months was no help either.... I bet it looks nice though, and I hopefully will get to see it in person, if you can get a bit more PayPal sent your way...

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-23-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Well Chris here is what we can do. I would be willing to come pick you up friday in the early morning. We would leave from frazee and drive to you and then we would be back on friday to enjoy camp . This toyota camary gets AWESOME mpg and a little mini road trip would be a like tick on a elephants ass to the gas tank. Granted we cant pull your tear drop there would be plenty of room in the car to throw all your stuff and you could still enjoy the weekend at little to no cost. If you wanted to throw a few buck in the tank that would be awesome if not it will be fine.
EDIT: on second thought why dont we just pick you up when we come through the Minneapolis area? You're like what? 100 miles round trip out. We would miss the thrusday caravan by 2 hours but thats not a big deal.

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 07-24-2011).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know exactly where you lived until now, and it explains a lot! you live in ME NO MONIE Wisconsin!

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-24-2011).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
Go figure.. an out of stater would jump on that one lol.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I thought it was a joke at first. then looked... Bam there it was.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Hoping to get my driver's door back together today. No more torn door skin and I fixed the bent track at the top which didn't allow the skin to seat straight. Now it won't hit the quarter window any more. Yay!

The color doesn't quite match but what can you expect from a junk yard door... Good panels before good paint I always say, and by always, I mean I just typed it...

------------------

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Hoping to get my driver's door back together today. No more torn door skin and I fixed the bent track at the top which didn't allow the skin to seat straight. Now it won't hit the quarter window any more. Yay!

The color doesn't quite match but what can you expect from a junk yard door... Good panels before good paint I always say, and by always, I mean I just typed it...

Your welcome...
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

KEV

2590 posts
Member since Dec 2000
I just finished doing some touch up painting on my Indy,installed new tires,all new switches,side windows ( need new arrowhead emblems) the new ones had flaws. and clean clean clean! This will be the first show it has been to since 1996. It's was sitting under a deck until 2007 when FieroSTS picked it up and got it running again. It's been in my garage since 2008 or so.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
My attendence maybe in question. As some of you know my Mom passed away on Tuesday evening very unexpectedly due to what I believe to be severe complications brought on by heat stroke last weekend. At 81, she still walked several miles dailey and watched her diet. She had been on the family to start planning her 100th birthday because she was going to live forever.

We had the funeral service on Saturday but getting her affairs in order and cleaning out her apartment by month end is becoming a real challenge. Work is being understanding but a paycheck is kind of important. To top it off, my older brother from Omaha, NE has mental illness issues and as of tonight is in the same hospital that my mom was in with somekind of infection in his ankles. I am physically and emotionally drained right now. I have so much of my Mom's junk in the garage I don't know how I will get the Fieros out and ready for the show. At a minimum, we will probaly miss the Sunday activities just to go home and rest.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Jeff

[This message has been edited by GTGeff (edited 07-25-2011).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
replaced my broken passenger side window sail - by myself entirely I might add. YEAH! last weekend jay and i worked on replacing my EGR and found that the old EGR was sort of rigged to connect by a piece of flexible plastic type hose. we thought maybe my chronic missing problem was related to air being sucked in through here b/c not a tight seal. I think it fixed my issue about 90%. another YEAH! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MY FIERO FRIENDS!!!!!!
Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesDirect Link to This Post
Jeff, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I am not busy all week.

Pete

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

My attendence maybe in question.

My condolences Jeff. Unless I hear from you I'lI presume we wont be meeting up. PM'd you my ohone number if anything changes you can drop me a call.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-25-2011).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I am here if you need a strong back.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Jeff, I'm sorry for your loss.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
verry sorry.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Our condolences too Geff.... Hélène and I are now in the windy city Chicago heading to Minneapolis wednesday.
Frazee thursday

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Jeff, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family, as I know it is tough.

If you need someone to handle the badges, please let me know. If you are unable to make it to the show, get the badges there, and I will handle the rest. Either someone passing by your area, or drop them in the mail. If you have to Fed-Ex them to the Shipman's, 2nd day or even overnight, and will gladly cover the postage for them. I would just need a list of who has paid, and for how many, plus a count of ones to sell there for inventory purposes. Feel free to call me in my cell: 56 one two 3 six 7O too four.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Jeff, very sorry for your loss, I remembered you saying you were having family issues. Please let us know if we can do anything for you, as you have done so much for us.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Jeff, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family, as I know it is tough.

If you need someone to handle the badges, please let me know. If you are unable to make it to the show, get the badges there, and I will handle the rest. .

Maybe I could pick up badges and window caravan decals and bring them to JP's Frazee, let me know.
DrRodey

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to be able to make it for Saturday either. Just had someone quit at work so I"m being forced back in to the shifts I had traded with him, as well as the ones I traded for grrrrrr.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
as a side note... anyone wanting an amish food order put in should probably call me today/tomorrow at the latest.

Chris from IL - I put your order in on Monday for pickup Friday She did say you could probably stop up Thursday afternoon as well.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:
Chris from IL - I put your order in on Monday for pickup Friday She did say you could probably stop up Thursday afternoon as well.

Cookie, Cookie, Cookie..lol. Once the tent is set-up thats where I am heading..lol.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Jeff, you are in my thoughts. My condolences to you and your family. In Madison, WI visiting family. I'll be back on the road to the Twin Cities area on Thursday. Have gotten a few honks and thumbs up on the trip so far but haven't seen another Fiero yet! I think that will change soon.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Heading out to KC here in a couple hours with Antuzzi and a friend to pick up my car and stay at my brother's for the night and to hang out with him in KC tomorrow before we leave for the show.

See you guys soon
stumpkin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2011 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stumpkinSend a Private Message to stumpkinDirect Link to This Post
MY PLAN:

I plan on meeting folks at J.P.'s Bar -n- Grill, 1313 - 2nd St. N. Saulk Rapids @ noon on both Thur. & Fri. with my Solstice and caravaning from Saulk Rapids to Randall on HWY 10.

I plan on going to the carshow on Sat with my Fiero (& Solstice if I can find a driver for it). I also hope to bring a few folks from our local Auto Club (Lone Eagle Auto Club).

P.M. me for phone # if anyone needs anything in the central MN area.

All travel SAFE!

EDITED to ADD: Jeff, I am also sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers are with you & your family,
------------------
1986 Red s/e 2m6 5-sp, & 2006 Red Solstice 5-sp

[This message has been edited by stumpkin (edited 07-26-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock