Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 14)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Awesome..... I'm like 5 blocks off HWY 10 & Joplin

cool

edit: See Stars&stripes post below

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-20-2011).]

IP: Logged
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

JP's Grill & Bar‎
1313 2nd Street North
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379

Is the meeting location from last year and this is where the Thursday group will be meeting up at noon and leaving at 1pm.

The meeting location or Friday will be the same as the Thursday group and the time that the group is the same 1 pm.

As posted this is the meeting place for both convoys, one on Thursday and one on Friday. Meet up at noon and leave at 1PM both days. Just a re-post to spread the info.
Stars&Stripes

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was not sure I would be able to lead any of the caravans on Friday because I was waiting to hear back from a company that I applied for a job position - I did hear back yesterday (Tuesday) and I have a job offer! After 15 months of unemployment, I am very happy! I am also happy that I will start on August 1, so the Tyler weekend is now free and clear. There is a Shell station in Elk River on the right just before you leave town that I think would be a good location (easy off, easy on). Let's leave there by 11am at the latest. We should be able to get to Sauk Rapids by around noon. Sound good? Let's have a good "mini" caravan from the Twin Cities!!
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
What great news Stars and Stripes! Congratulations! See you in Sauk Rapids on Friday.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
It looks like things are working out *KNOCK ON WOOD*. My friend who has been looking for a 2012 Civic to buy (he is driving to frazee) has had no luck finding one. Without this car the road trip would not happen. So, today I set fourth on finding his car.....I got a deal set up where they will be giving us a loaner car from today until the new car comes in. They know its going on a road trip and are cool with it! I also haggled the dealer over the phone and got the car lower than MSRP. So frazee is looking really good. We are going to go get the car and sign the papers shortly. I'm wearing my Tyler shirt for good luck.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stars&Stripes:

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was not sure I would be able to lead any of the caravans on Friday because I was waiting to hear back from a company that I applied for a job position - I did hear back yesterday (Tuesday) and I have a job offer! After 15 months of unemployment, I am very happy! I am also happy that I will start on August 1, so the Tyler weekend is now free and clear. There is a Shell station in Elk River on the right just before you leave town that I think would be a good location (easy off, easy on). Let's leave there by 11am at the latest. We should be able to get to Sauk Rapids by around noon. Sound good? Let's have a good "mini" caravan from the Twin Cities!!

Excellent We'll be there before 11
Shell Station
610 Proctor Ave. NW

Also congrats on the employment!

*edited to correct address

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-21-2011).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok, bags are all packed, and I am headed to the airport in a couple hours. I will be in Minneapolis / St. Paul at 11:30PM tonight.

Errr.... Darn it, WRONG Wednesday, its still a week away?!?!! Oh well

If DiyStu's schedule works out, Thursday, he should be meeting Antuzzi around Kansas City. I will meet them outside Minneapolis around 7 hours later, and drive a 3 caravan to meet at JP's Grill and Bar. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

FYI Chanel #2 on the FSR radios again this year. have them on and ready!
Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesDirect Link to This Post
There are two Shell stations in Elk River, the one I am talking about is on the right at 610 Proctor Ave. NW just before leaving town (north and west of the Lowell Ave. one).
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

There are two Shell stations in Elk River, the one I am talking about is on the right at 610 Proctor Ave. NW just before leaving town (north and west of the Lowell Ave. one).

Yes it's one block down from Charlie Brown's, big parking lot, corner of HWY 10 & Proctor. Beaudry Express Shell Station. Also be careful coming into town as its a 30mph zone for about 5 blocks and they LOVE to nail ya there
Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesDirect Link to This Post
Shawn, you speak as if you have experience with the Elk River police department!!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
John I'll be trackable on Google Latitude User name is my Forum name with out the underscore @gmail.com. Anyone else can feel free to track as well. That is also my cell phone's email...

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-20-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Shawn, you speak as if you have experience with the Elk River police department!!

I'm just gonna plead the 5th
Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesDirect Link to This Post
Because I love this country my Forum name is what it is, but I am very sad that the space shuttle program, and perhaps our last chance of exploring the universe, ended this morning. God bless all the brave souls who ever went into space to explore the great beyond!
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Excellent We'll be there before 11
Shell Station
610 Proctor Ave. NW

Also congrats on the employment!

*edited to correct address

Jason,

You are going to hafta drive by very close my place in Eden Prairie, (HWYs I494/212/5) to get up to Elk River. We could join up to do a mini-convoy with my 2 to 3 Fieros. We live approx 3 miles from above intersection and 3 blocks off freeway. You could met up at our house or somewhere closer to I494. We plan on leaving leave at 10:00 AM Elk River is approximately 45 minutes from our house.

Anybody else is also welcome to join us.

Jeff
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-31-2011).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

ONE WEEK til the official start of Camp Shipman! I haven't been so excited to lose my pants in a wrestling match since... Well, since I dunno when!

So does that mean your definatley making it?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Jason,

You are going to hafta drive by very close my place in Eden Prairie, (HWYs I494/212/5) to get up to Elk River. We could join up to do a mini-convoy with my 2 to 3 Fieros. We live approx 3 miles from above intersection and 3 blocks off freeway. You could met up at our house or somewhere closer to I494. We plan on leaving leave at 10:00 AM Elk River is approximately 45 minutes from our house.

Anybody else is also welcome to join us.

Jeff

Sounds great to me . Meeting at your place is fine with me. My wife and I actually plan to stay at a hotel after a concert in St Paul Thursday night. We could pick a hotel near you so we'd be heading to your place from there in the morning. .

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-21-2011).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
who did the big check last year? i thought I heard mention that another one was being made but can't remember who to ask....

camp shipman victims... these are some volunteer spots i need filled if anyone is willing:
- someone to come with me early at 9 a.m to help set up the tent, tables, etc.
- a couple someones to help with directing parking
- we are going to need a couple drivers for a couple of our cars

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

who did the big check last year? i thought I heard mention that another one was being made but can't remember who to ask....

camp shipman victims... these are some volunteer spots i need filled if anyone is willing:

I can help with parking, I practiced some of that last year

Question.... what is available for rising off morning dew/dust, etc Even washing cars? At either Camp shipman or the host hotels, or maybe a local wash?
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
we have a pressure washer, but there is that 1/2 mile of dirt road so not sure washing at our house is going to help. there is a manual car wash in Frazee.

Originally posted by 2.5:

I can help with parking, I practiced some of that last year

Question.... what is available for rising off morning dew/dust, etc Even washing cars? At either Camp shipman or the host hotels, or maybe a local wash?

PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Check your email..
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Nope.
Not sure yet

I would be willing to bet $500 that he WILL be there.... may be tight, tuff ect, but there is NO way you are ever going to not go

I am MORE than willing to help with anything that I can. I will be getting there around 2pm on Thursday or so, as well as quite a few others.

As far as helping drive your cars, I am not sure what you mean.... you mean for the show?

EDIT: Oh heck, I just left ya a voice mail. Gimme a call when ya get a chance. 56 one too 367O2 four.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-21-2011).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Hey Chris maybe after you get there you could charge people by the minute $ to sit in your air conditioned camper and cool off?

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
WooHoo! I talked to Nellie a little while ago. She knew I am driving a rental car, and asked if I would mind driving Tyler's Toy into Frazee on Saturday morning for her..... MIND? Are you kidding it is an HONOR! Jay is driving his car to be in the show, and then driving Tyler's car in the parade. I hope they need someone to bring it back to the house as well

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Just trying to get a feel for who is going to be at the show, and when they are arriving ect.

I set up a quick poll, if Everyone attending the show could please just take 3 seconds to vote, it will give an overall picture of attendance.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

It LITERALLY takes only like 3 seconds to check an option, and click vote.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-21-2011).]

Ridgelandbaseball

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
Just to let all know, matts mom and myself will be arriving at our motel near Frazee on Thurs. Mattwa may be there but really wants to be in the Friday caravan with a friend of his. Matt will have his Fiero and we will have a rental car if anyone needs a ride during the weekend. Thanks
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Nellie, if your looking for volunteers to help drink your wine then that would be me
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Count me in on helping out. I will be there when john gets there. Infact I will get there as soon as john gets there because I will be riding with him .
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Count me in on helping out. I will be there when john gets there. In fact I will get there as soon as john gets there because I will be riding with him .

With Stuart right in front of us, as I seriously doubt he is gonna let a rental car lead his way into Camp Shipman! LOL
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
You were already nominated to head that committee!

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Nellie, if your looking for volunteers to help drink your wine then that would be me

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Just trying to get a feel for who is going to be at the show, and when they are arriving ect.

I set up a quick poll, if Everyone attending the show could please just take 3 seconds to vote, it will give an overall picture of attendance.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

It LITERALLY takes only like 3 seconds to check an option, and click vote.

Thanks!

I voted , "Friday Caravan from JP's Grill and Bar" , my wife and I will also be "mini caravaning" TO JP's from Elk River with Purplereign, Stars&Stripes, and however many cars GTgeff brings
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Looks like it's not a good day for Fiero's, I was told today while getting an alignment, that they couldn't do it because my rear wheels have too much play and my front lower ball joint on the passenger side is loose/worn.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post

I'm fieroless I can drive one of them and stick a canadian flag if you want we will be there thursday night.

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Lost the waterpump gasket today.... Just what I need.

Last years show the day before I left I lost my water pump. You have plenty of time. You can do it.

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 07-22-2011).]

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

cornersonrails

788 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by mattwa:

Looks like it's not a good day for Fiero's, I was told today while getting an alignment, that they couldn't do it because my rear wheels have too much play and my front lower ball joint on the passenger side is loose/worn.

What would cause play in the rear wheels?
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2011 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

What would cause play in the rear wheels?

Wheel bearings they said and showed me. You can move the wheel up and down ( I mean you push on the 12 o-clock and 6 o-clock positions it moves back and forth) about 1/8". I'm not worried about it, those are brand new wheel bearings, both of them. Less then 200 miles. I tightened the axle nuts and left it at that.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 07-22-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock